Linkin Park to appear as DLC for Rocksmith 2014 on 1/6

RogueSoul

ROSM2_hero.jpg

Linkin Park songs will be available as DLC for the game Rocksmith 2014 on January 6. With LP songs being released in a game, this means one thing - besides entertainment, multitracks! It is currently unknown what songs will be released in the pack, but we can expect a handful of the band's biggest tracks, as well as potentially new ones like Guilty All The Same or Final Masquerade. For a list of all multitracks released, check out this thread.

For some backstory, there was an entire puzzle regarding who the artist in the DLC would be, the only clue being this cryptic picture:

5oYIBpB.jpg

Confusing, right? By some miracle, someone managed to figure it out through some madness and the periodic table and it did turn out to be Linkin Park. The entire process of how the end result would take quite awhile, but if you're interested consider reading that thread or the Reddit discussion. Mind-boggling stuff!

The DLC will be available here on Tuesday, January 6, or, in areas served by SCEE, January 13. Who's planning on getting them and jamming to the songs?

Correct, Rocksmith doesn't use any type of multitracked audio whatsoever, your guitar part just "plays along" with the studio track. Essentially the same thing I do with my Youtube videos (except Rocksmith;s charts probably won't be as accurate as mine). :P

Huh? It's not on the Xbox Marketplace.

It's bit disappointing that we get some multitracks that we already have, IMO.

Again, we're not getting any multitracks from this. Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

OSC and GATS may be the only songs that would be worthwhile to play on it, at least if you want a challenge. ITE is insanely easy on guitar, its really just harmonics and a few chords. I know the game is more for people who have been plating guitar for a little while but I'd like to see a song like War or In Pieces on there

OSC and GATS may be the only songs that would be worthwhile to play on it, at least if you want a challenge. ITE is insanely easy on guitar, its really just harmonics and a few chords. I know the game is more for people who have been plating guitar for a little while but I'd like to see a song like War or In Pieces on there

In the End insanely easy? What about Numb lol. Just power chords and then two notes. If they want to put a worthwhile song that's not too difficult, they should go with TLTGYA. Lots different chords that aren't your standard power chord and a nice, easy solo as well. I know I felt accomplished when I learned to play that song.

Or Hands Held High, I hear Brad has so much trouble playing that one that he has to let Phoenix play it live. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by drpdrp97

I make my dramatic entrance here and I'm now the "Wobbuffet guy". Lol.

If you ask me, if this is for starter/learning guitar players, Linkin Park is one of the last artists you'd wanna learn. Yes, they've progressed on the guitar, but most of their hits are so simplistic that I could teach a friend to play them in a month. That's not to insult the guitar, it's just to understate how simple it is. And if you ask me, the simpler things are, the easier they are to screw up without noticing.

I know it took a long time to break me out of my old habits because I jumped right into LP and other power chord-heavy bands. I literally could do nothing else but power chords and slow melodies. Skipped all the other kinds of chords, picking technique, dead notes, and abandoned all the music theory I learned on the piano for 8 years. It was really sloppy. I had to go back and relearn everything. But it really didn't require much discipline to play LP songs. Just power chords galore. I didn't even know how to do alternate strumming to play No More Sorrow.

/end rant