The Hunting Party Song Lengths

Stranger

will be interesting to see if LP can make these longer tracks worth listening to.

personally, UIG felt like a bit of a 'filler' track, and I'll be disappointed if these other, bigger tracks feels too much like empty padding. TLTGYA will take some beating!

I'm adding my name to the bet that The Summoning is an interlude (possibly no vocals too?)

that said, track times tell us nothing. not willing to guess content/overall sound either, because names too tell us us nothing :P

It's kinda weird that the shorter songs are together, maybe it's another Tinfoiless?

I also have faith that Drawbar isn't an instrumental, I would love to hear Chester vocals in it.

This album is going to be really powerful!

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

I think both The Summoning and Drawbar are instrumentals.

TS will be an intro to War and Drawbar will most likely be a separate track but maybe lead into Final Masquerade

The Summoing can be an intro for the show and second song maybe will be War? :D

I still can't believe that Drawbar isn't (probably) instrumental... It's demo version of Final Masquerade, so I thought that it's another Tinfoil/Powerless. We will see...

I think they will both be instrumentals. There always could be more than one instrumental. Seems like LP is breaking the norm with this album, except the amount of tracks

well, the summoning will lead into war which seems to be a short, super heavy kick in our face. i can't come up with another explanation for those song times.

i like that they put the interlude+song at the 4th/5th place on the album, sounds fresh.

i also believe that ALITS is more of a rock ballad than a heavy rocker just like TLTGYA

true, I do like the fact that is 4/5. Feels like the perfect spot for some reason

I think The Summoning is definitely an instrumental, maybe some type of interlude into War or something like that. Drawbar could very possibly be an instrumental, similar to the Tinfoil/Powerless type thing on ATS, since it was the demo title of Final Masquerade. I know a lot of people think it'd be strange to have a guest star on an instrumental track, but Tom Morello is really good at guitar and I think he could do something awesome in an instrumental.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the overall length they managed to compile here. Not to diss ATS (I know that's a cardinal sin on another website), but ATS managed to be the longest album partly because of 6 interludes (half of which just repeated lyrics/words found elsewhere on the album). So yea, I'm more impressed with the overall track length of THP than ATS.

This is one thing I can agree with. If you count actual song times I believe THP has about 2 more minutes of actual song times (didnt count, got that stat from LPA). So that is why I am wy more exicted form the songs lengths of The Hunting Party. I feel there will be two instrumentals (TS and Drawbar) but that they wont be interludes like in ATS. This means the whole album will be actually music I think, which makes this very impressive to me. And like you said, this is no diss to ATS.

Two 5+ minute tracks and 6+ minute track. IN.

and im okay with War being short because it sounds like it will be all out heavy screaming through the entire thing so that will be epic if its true!

That's how an álbum ending should be: epic Long track

Sometimes I agree. Usually as long as the track is good bring it on! TLTGYA was great and im excited for an LP song longer! bring it on!

I think The Summoning is definitely an instrumental, maybe some type of interlude into War or something like that. Drawbar could very possibly be an instrumental, similar to the Tinfoil/Powerless type thing on ATS, since it was the demo title of Final Masquerade. I know a lot of people think it'd be strange to have a guest star on an instrumental track, but Tom Morello is really good at guitar and I think he could do something awesome in an instrumental.

I agree with you Geki. The Summoning will probably be a "calm before the storm" instrumental leading into all out heaviness and craziness of War is what I think.

I also agree that Drawbraw could be an instrumental. I just have a feeling it is. Has a really weird name for if its not an instrumental in my opinion. and they probably want to showcase Tom's guitar skills so it would not surprise me

I don't think that "The Summoning" will be an instrumental, maybe this will be a short-fast song like "Bricks" of Rise Against, "Welcome To Hell" of Sum 41, "Beauville" of GOB or something like that.

I don't think that "The Summoning" will be an instrumental, maybe this will be a short-fast song like "Bricks" of Rise Against, "Welcome To Hell" of Sum 41, "Beauville" of GOB or something like that.

I think War will be like the songs you mentioned and The Summoning will be an instrumental leading into that

I think War will be like the songs you mentioned and The Summoning will be an instrumental leading into that

Yeah maybe, but the band would be repeating the same formula like in LT "TINFOIL/POWERLESS".

Yeah maybe, but the band would be repeating the same formula like in LT "TINFOIL/POWERLESS".

They repeat formulas all the time so its fine. and I think it will be a little less drastic. The Summoning with lead into War but wont necessarily sound like War is what I think

The Summoning only one minute long i take it that's a interlude :blink:

I think it will an interlude or instrumental that leads into War personally