Chester to Contribute Song for 'La Bare' Soundtrack

hahninator

Maybe an studio acoustic version?

By the way, the new entry says "WRITER UNKNOWN". WTF?

That's the old entry...been on the BMI database since like 2006. The one crediting Ryan, Amir, and Fu is the new entry.

I'm really not sure why Mark posted this in this thread, I wasn't bringing it up in reference to anything. Just sent him a random text pointing out a couple things I just noticed on the BMI database. I'm not even convinced that the Chester song on the soundtrack to this movie is even a real thing, let alone that it would be Morning After (which I'm sure it won't be). Lots of needless jumping to conclusions IMO.

The date something's added to the BMI database doesn't always have significance. Up until like LPU 8.0, a lot of the LPU-released songs weren't added until YEARS after they came out. Sometimes there will be more than one entry for the same song when all the writers weren't accurately credited the first time around. This is also true of Standing in the Middle, there's an older entry for it that just credits Mike, Kutmasta Kurt, and Motion Man (the "true" writers of the song), while a newer entry was added later that credited the six Linkin Park members (all songs on official LP releases are split equally between the six members, regardless of who actually wrote them, so this was likely just something they realized they overlooked and corrected later on - Standing in the Middle was technically released under the Linkin Park name, even though Mike is the only LP member on it). While the main tracklisting songs for Out of Ashes were added right around the time of the album's release, the songwriting information for Morning After was never updated, so Amir, Ryan, and Fu were likely missing out on royalties from that particular track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me it sounds even more than just a different mix, I think the instrumental got more soft and modern, much different than the original.

The intro and ending sounds so different, so I wasn't even sure if these are parts of the song, but after your post I heard it again and these are definitely parts of the new mix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...