Chester: Carnivores Tour Update + Transformers 4

hahninator

Considering the show has to end at 11...

Doors: 6:30

AFI - 7:00 - 7:45

Stage set-up - 7:45 - 8:00

30 Seconds To Mars - 8:00 - 9:00

Stage set-up - 9:00 - 9:20

Linkin Park - 9:20 - 11:00

O.o I dont know how long stage set-ups last but 3 weeks ago at my 30stm show here in berlin they worked on the stage ~45min after the support act and also for example at Rock im Park 2012 it lasted ~30 minutes after every band and they only had drums, guitars and nothing more on the stage^^

I honestly just think it will end up the same way as HCT. AFI will get as long as Mutemath or a little more, 30STM will get the same amount of time as Incubus, and LP will get their usual set time. Makes sense.

How much of Thirty Seconds To Mars' set do you think we'll have to miss for the LPU Meet & Greet? I really want to see both 30STM and LP play their full performance and I'm deciding whether or not I want to put in for the lottery this time around. Decisions, decisions...

The entire thing for sure. The LPU M&G will be right near the end of the 30STM set if it's like the Honda Civic Tour. They'll have you line up a few songs in for Mars, like 1-2 songs in lmao or even just as they start. Then you wait for 30+ mins in line (more if the band is late, as they often are, since these days they often go straight from the vehicles to the venue to the M&G. If you win an LPU M&G, you'll see little to nothing of Mars.

Considering the show has to end at 11...

Doors: 6:30

AFI - 7:00 - 7:45

Stage set-up - 7:45 - 8:00

30 Seconds To Mars - 8:00 - 9:00

Stage set-up - 9:00 - 9:20

Linkin Park - 9:20 - 11:00

The time between the doors and the first band depends on the size of the event. I'm sure it has to be at least 1 hour between doors and the first band to have enough time for the people to get inside. It's even 2 hours for arenas for example. It was 1 hour for the Honda Civic Tour, it was less for Projekt Revolution, but I think HCT is pretty similar to the Carnivores Tour. I'd say at least 20 to 30 minutes for the change over of 30STM.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's actually doors 6:00/show 6:30. My tickets have a 6:30 start time printed on them. No specific mention of when doors open, but the event site says 30 minutes before the show.

So if you have the M&G tickets, you'll be meeting the LP during another bands set? Rather than before the whole show starts?

:/

Linkin Park often doesn't even arrive to the shows until 8:00-8:30pm. They fly/take helicopters/black sedans to the shows and get there late. They are an older band now so they aren't a band that shows up at 12:00pm to hang out and fly planes in the parking lot and jam all day long lol. They go to the show to do the M&G, play the show and adios leave. The M&Gs occur just before the setup for their set begins, meaning you'll miss the band just before LP. You'll see AFI.

Well damn, damn. So it doesn't matter if I get into the front of the pit at the beginning of the show, I'll be losing my spot for the M&G?

I was hoping since the M&G tickets have "early entry" into the venue, you'd meet the band, and then have access to the pit before the general public.

LIVE NATION:

"LINKIN PARK Meet & Greet Package**

One general admission pit ticket

Early entry into the venue

Exclusive meet & greet with members of LINKIN PARK

Group photograph with the members of LINKIN PARK

Access to the official pre-show lounge (with refreshments & private merchandise stand)

Specially designed, limited edition tour merchandise pack

CD + Digital copy of LINKIN PARK's upcoming studio album

Official meet & greet laminate

On-site host

Limited availability"

Just to clear up the confusion, if there is any...

I'm talking about the M&G package deal thing, not the LPU M&G.

If there is a difference.

That M&G will occur either just before or just after the LPU one. They are doing them back-to-back. The "early entry" is a total selling point/dumb thing to put for that because you'll have to leave the front row to go to the M&G and you won't be able to go back, lol. Early entry there is just pointless for that package unless it's for the lounge thing they are doing. The M&G guarantees you will lose whatever pit spot you have as the M&G ends JUST before Mars finishes their set, just AS Mars finishes their set, or just after Mars finishes their set.

So if you have the M&G tickets, you'll be meeting the LP during another bands set? Rather than before the whole show starts?

:/

I had meet and greet in 2007 and I had to miss My Chemical Romance's set for it. I also had meet and greet in 2012 and I had to miss Incubus' set for it. I assume it will follow the trend and if you have a meet and greet, you will miss 30 Seconds To Mars' set or most of it. This is why I love going to multiple shows; because if you do get the meet and greet and have to miss the support acts set, you can still see them at another show. Sucks to have to choose one or the other, but if you're a huge LP fan, the meet and greet is probably best.