'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' Remix EP Out January 21

hahninator

Linkin Park and Steve Aoki have announced that they are releasing a remix EP for 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' on January 21st. The EP will come out on Dim Mak Records. The Indaba "Surface Remix Project" Contest winner, Brian Yates, has his remix on the EP as a prize for winning and it also features the Rick Rubin remix, found on RECHARGED, and the free Vicetone remix. Fans will be treated to four new remixes on the EP, which will go up for preorder soon. A surprising omission is the

, found in the "Making of ALTNC" LPTV video.

Preview the mixes on Steve Aoki's Soundcloud page or in the YouTube video below.

Tracklisting:

1. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Rick Rubin Reboot)

2. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Vicetone Remix)

3. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Angger Dimas Remix)

4. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (twoloud Remix)

5. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Coone Remix)

6. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Vicetone Remix Dub)

7. A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Brian Yates Remix)

Preorder details will be released shortly.

A surprising omission is the Joe Hahn remix, found in the "Making of ALTNC" LPTV video.

Would have been awesome, but I thought it was semi-established that it wasn't an actual "remix", and was just the slightly altered version of ALTNC that plays in the background of that video. Either way, this EP seems ok I guess. I'll most likely get one or two of these tracks.

Some of these remixes actually sound cool. I wish there was a physical release for this, I'd buy that. I guess I'll just have to buy it on iTunes and burn it to a CD. Some of the remixes are great on this EP. The Vicetone remix came out back in November and that was a pretty badass remix IMO.