Milton Keynes Broadcast

hahninator

http://www.wowow.co.jp/music/revolution/

LPTimes reports that the Milton Keynes Linkin Park show will be broadcast on a Japanese TV station called "WOWOW" on October 28 at 1 pm. Does this mean there's no DVD of the show like the rumors said? Can anyone record this?

Hopefully it'll show up on other TV stations....

This is excellent, though. Another proshot recording!

To drop my two cents ... for me it was pretty obvious from the beginning that MK wouldn't be released as a DVD.

First, there's no way Warner would have allowed a DSP to be released. Second, there have obviously been these plans of a broadcast on MTV; no idea why it didn't happen in the end. And third and most importantly: I think we have heard enough by now to be pretty sure that the guys are heading to the studio again and are working on the next album. How do you fit a live DVD in there? No way they would release a new album AND a live DVD without any of the new material in the same year, let alone at a later date.

So...?

Would still be cool to finally get a ProShot of a 2008 PR show, though. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

I think there will still be a DVD coming out. Just me.

Why? If they're going to air the whole show on TV why would they then release a DVD of it? I don't see what is special about Milton Keynes at all, it's not even that good of a show honestly, it's just like all the others except it had two LPJZ songs just like MSG had. If they're going to release a live DVD they should do a show from PR08, that way it would have proshots of SDC with LP, Chris with LP and possibly WMI if they chose a show from early in the tour.

I think there will still be a DVD coming out. Just me.

Why? If they're going to air the whole show on TV why would they then release a DVD of it? I don't see what is special about Milton Keynes at all, it's not even that good of a show honestly, it's just like all the others except it had two LPJZ songs just like MSG had. If they're going to release a live DVD they should do a show from PR08, that way it would have proshots of SDC with LP, Chris with LP and possibly WMI if they chose a show from early in the tour.

I beg to differ. I doubt LP are releasing a live DVD, especially a SECOND live DVD featuring Jay-Z, but it could absolutely be done, even if it's aired on TV. Channels like HDnet and Palladia (formerly MTV-HD) show full concerts that are available on DVD all the time. Also, it would make more sense to release a performance featuring Jay-Z than SDC or Cornell, who are both unknown by the mainstream fan. Same even goes for Busta, to an extent, who was off the radar for a lonnnnnnng time before he collaborated with LP.

So, yeah. A DVD release could happen, and would definitely fill the gap between touring and the new album coming out.