Linkin Park & Steve Aoki collaboration for TF4 soundtrack?

Skipees

From Steve Aoki Twitter account:

"Discussing war politics between the autobots & decepticons over dinner w/ #michaelbay s4te #transformers4 http://instagram.com/p/hXZF9EPaAs/"

Update from Steve's Instagram account:

Back in the studio w/ @m_shinoda @chesterbe @linkinpark. Expect the unexpected. #neonfuture

Posted Image

Neón Future is the next album of Steve.

Thoughts?

So, this picture probably means Steve will be working on something for the Transformers soundtrack, but it doesn't mean LP will, at least for now. I remember that Chester said in an interview a couple of months ago that so far, Michael Bay didn't ask the band to work on the soundtrack, and Mike said it in an LPU chat in June as well. Even though, another collaboration would be really cool.

It seems more than coincidence that LP made the three main songs from the three movies soundtracks, and suddenly Steve is do something fo the fourth movie..

I remember that Chester said in an interview a couple of months ago that so far, Michael Bay didn't ask the band to work on the soundtrack, and Mike said it in an LPU chat in June as well.

Things can be changed. Maybe they're not working on something new and just used ALTNC for the next movie.

To be fair, LP said the same thing about TF3 early on, that they hadn't been contacted about it and didn't anticipate doing anything for it.

With that said, this doesn't really have a ton of significance, and apparently the author of the article thinks Steve Aoki is a member of Linkin Park. :rolleyes:

What if they use ALTNC in Transformers 4? It would fit extremely well with it's electronic sound and dark ''LP'' lyrics. They used What I've Done for Transformers and used Iridescent for Transformers 3, so it's not uncommon for Michael Bay to want to use a song that is already released by Linkin Park. This may also mean nothing, or it could also mean LP and Steve will collaboration again for a Transformers 4 exclusive song.

Skipees. I totally agree with your suspicions. I can see a LPxSA collab for the movie. I remember them saying they were writing more than one song. We've only heard one. But they wrote more than one. There was a DC101 interview where at the begin she asks Mike and Steve what they were doing and they said working on a beat. Obviously is was new since ALTNC was already out. And recharged was already done. So there are a lot of possibilities, but I can definitely see it happening.

You're a little late, that already happened when New Divide became their biggest single in 8 years.

I've heard people in bars in my area actually say ''they make songs for Transformers now, they haven't released new music in ages'' and stuff like that. LP is pretty much viewed in the general public eye as the band who made In The End/Hybrid Theory and made the CD with Jay-Z, as well as an occasional ''transformers band'.

• 2 weeks later...

Neón Future is the next Aoki Studio album

www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/1550570/steve-aoki-reveals-neon-future-album-title-new-hakkasan-residency?mobile_redirection=false

mistery solved

If they're recording a new song, it will be first studio track (not remix) that featured LP on another artist album (?). Or it will be Steve Feat. Mike and Chester..

They still can use it in Steve's album and TF4 soundtrack.