LP - 14.06.2014 - Donington, UK (Download '14)

lgr

for me, the friday's all about AR and Skindred. Saturday I'll stick by the main stage too - LP & BMTH (even if the latter don't quite grab me as much as they used to), and Sunday's for Polar, probably Phil Anselmo & The Illegals too, they're (personally) the least exciting of Phil's projects, but I've wanted to see that guy in concert since I was, like, 15.. might try to catch Kill Devil Hill too - make it a Rex Brown/Phil Anselmo day.

honestly, I don't know who half the line-up are, and most of those I do know I'm not incredibly fussed by - out of 80+ I'm there for 4 or 5. I'm a joke :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for me, the friday's all about AR and Skindred.

honestly, I don't know who half the line-up are, and most of those I do know I'm not incredibly fussed by - out of 80+ I'm there for 4 or 5. I'm a joke :lol:

You need to see letlive. on the Friday, if you get the chance. Ridiculously good live band.

You need to see letlive. on the Friday, if you get the chance. Ridiculously good live band.

noted.

but are they as good at festivals as they are in small indoor venues?

forget " to be or not to be", because "this" is the question

noted.

but are they as good at festivals as they are in small indoor venues?

forget " to be or not to be", because "this" is the question

If they were on a big stage, I'd have said no, but I believe they're in a tent?

Putting Jason Butler in any reasonably enclosed stage is always a recipe for wonderful mayhem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1 hour 45 minutes set time. Confirmed on Download website.

HT's only around 30/35 mins too..

obviously there's be longer delays between songs when they do the album live, but that still leaves a good hour of other stuff.

this is going to be a monster of a set.

Plenty of time for loads of songs!! I think they'll throw us off by starting with something not from HT to tease us then go straight into it!!

My only worry is the weather, frankly LP could sing the phone book and I'd be happy as long as it doesn't rain all day!

I'd be shocked if LP plays for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure they had pretty close to that time back in 2011, but only played their usual 80-90 minutes.

As mentioned before, they won't necessarily be playing for all 1:45:00 minutes, 2010-2011 had "extended" setlists because all of the transitions. Those added like 10 minutes to the setlist.

Given what we can predict...

Hybrid Theory - 35 minutes

Crowd Interaction - 5 - 10 minutes

Encore break - 5 - 10 minutes

At the maximum, that's 55 - 60 minutes, which leaves 45 minutes to more music. If we want to average out the song lengths, it'd probably fall around 3 minutes. That's 15 more songs, probably less with longer songs like GATS and WTCFM. Nonetheless, a bunch more songs are going to be played. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the show lasted >25 songs.

This time in two weeks, it will have begun.

*shudder*

Very interested to see how they'll do the setlist for this after the new one's been revealed. Will we get the Blackout intro before Papercut? Will GATS start the show and they play Hybrid Theory after a few other songs, or will they kick off the album straight away? Will any songs from the album get any real extensions? Time will tell!

I will be there and this is my setlist prediction:

01. The Catalyst / The Requiem Intro

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Blackout Intro

05. Papercut

06. One Step Closer

07. With You

08. Points Of Authority

09. Crawling

10. Runaway

11. By Myself

12. In The End

13. A Place For My Head

14. Forgotten

15. Cure For The Itch

16. Pushing Me Away

17. Wastelands

18. Waiting For The End

19. Mike Solo

20. Numb

21. Faint

---------------------------------------

22. Until It's Gone

23. A Light That Never Comes (shortened) (can be dropped for my taste)2

24. Lost In The Echo (shortened)

25. New Divide (shortened)

26. What I've Done

27. Bleed It Out

Should be something around 105 minutes if my calculation is right. 12 min for Intro - Given Up, around 42min for HT incl Blackout Intro, 20min for Wastelands til Faint + 30min for the Encore break, the encore and saying goodbye to the crowd.

Would not be surprised though it ALTNC + Mike's solo get dropped for this show.

The allotted time has essentially nothing to do with the LP performance unless they get allotted just an hour, lol. The band got like 2.5 hours at Rock Werchter or something in 2011 and played their normal show.

Download I suspect will get like:

Catalyst/Requiem

GATS

Given Up

Wastelands

Blackout

->

Papercut - hybrid theory in full

Faint

----------

encore from other set (UIG, ALTNC, LITE, ND, WID, BIO)