Older Stone Temple Pilots songs recommendations

Skipees

Here's the thing, I've never "really" listen to STP discography before - only to some songs here and there. Since they're gonna play some old songs in the current tour I want to get some recommendations about their good (/unknown) songs.

Another thing, someone knows what are the Chester's favorite songs that they usually didn't played, but they gonna play now?

Basically the entire Core and Purple albums are excellent. Big Bang Baby and Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart are my two favorites off of Tiny Music. Not really a fan of much of their stuff from No. 4 onwards.

I love Core, Purple, Tiny Music and No.4, all fantastic albums. I didn't like Shangri-La Dee Da much, and I didn't like their 2010 release at all. I recommend the first 4 albums. Core is probably the best.

Chester said "Pretty Penny" (from Purple), "Wonderful" (from Shangri-La Dee Da) and "Dumb Love" (from Shangri-La Dee Da) are among his favorite STP songs.

Listen to "Thank You" (their greatest hits album).

Thanks, I guess Wonderful gonna be great with Chester's voice only.

Sounds like their quieter songs are way better than the louder ones in general.

I think LP fans would probably say this, it'd be more in the style of LP's music for them. I think their harder songs kick ass. It's just great rock music. It's not overly complex or weird structures or anything like that. STP is just a rock band. This is what rock bands do, they make music like STP's discography. I'd say the 5 best STP songs for people to check out are

1. Dead And Bloated

2. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

3. Down

4. Wicked Garden

5. Pop's Love Suicide

I think LP fans would probably say this, it'd be more in the style of LP's music for them.

I'm never compering band to band to see how good they are (who does that anyway?).

The thing is with STP that a lot of their harder songs just sounds the same, but the quiets (that I know) are different from each other. I didn't said all of their harder songs are bad or something like that, I even said "in general".