4. All For Nothing [2013 DEMO]
5. Promises [iN BETWEEN DEMO]
6. Tears From The Past [2011 DEMO]
7. Long Song [2003 DEMO]
8. Decomposition [2013 DEMO]
9. Carousel [1999 DEMO]
10.The Eternal Path [2010 DEMO]

• 4 weeks later...

If fake demo names will be added, maybe "Under Attack" (mislabelled as Crawling Demo) and "Violent Lullaby" as "The Catalyst" demo (the last one I remember I thought that was real, but Astat prove that I was wrong) could be added.

Also, some people think that the demo name of "Burning in the Skies" is "The Fog" (in Meeting ATS, Mike say that they will hear "The Five", maybe a bunch of five songs, and started with BITS, but some hear "The Fog"), but I don't know if could be add, since it's not so spread as the fake songs are.

If fake demo names will be added, maybe "Under Attack" (mislabelled as Crawling Demo) and "Violent Lullaby" as "The Catalyst" demo (the last one I remember I thought that was real, but Astat prove that I was wrong) could be added.

Also, some people think that the demo name of "Burning in the Skies" is "The Fog" (in Meeting ATS, Mike say that they will hear "The Five", maybe a bunch of five songs, and started with BITS, but some hear "The Fog"), but I don't know if could be add, since it's not so spread as the fake songs are.

I wouldn't call "Violent Lullaby" a fake song title as much as a "proposed" one. That's from the Chester's Lullaby LPTV episode from where Mike and Chester are throwing around ideas for a song title and they seemed to have latched onto "_____ Lullaby" at some point. There's an interview with Mike somewhere from when LP was shooting the music video for The Catalyst that mentions the song still not having a title though. I think that song may have been a rare case of them not coming up with a name for it at all until after it was done.

I wouldn't call "Violent Lullaby" a fake song title as much as a "proposed" one. That's from the Chester's Lullaby LPTV episode from where Mike and Chester are throwing around ideas for a song title and they seemed to have latched onto "_____ Lullaby" at some point. There's an interview with Mike somewhere from when LP was shooting the music video for The Catalyst that mentions the song still not having a title though. I think that song may have been a rare case of them not coming up with a name for it at all until after it was done.

Got it. Thanks for clarify :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://youtu.be/fp5hyPzeLsM

What is this song? I'm pretty sure it's fake but it's soooo catchy lol it's been bugging me since this stupid video came out 7 years ago

"Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees (the audio in the fake LP video is from this performance video, a more polished version was released later on Ronald's album): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-uIljiGo If you go back far enough in the comments on the video, you'll see people accusing him of ripping off Linkin Park, even though the video was posted like a year before the fake LP video using the audio. :lol: Whoever the asshole who posted the fake LP video was disabled comments on the video after a bunch of people (myself included) called him on his bullshit.

Some updates I've been meaning to post to this thread:

-The version of "Headstrong" in question is actually the Trapt demo version, and it's specifically attributed to being a Xero demo for some reason, even though the song was written several years after Xero ceased to exist.

-The version of "Dust in the Wind" in question is not the Scorpions cover, it's the live version from Kansas' live album Two for the Show.

-Regarding "Marco Polo," I've seen conflicting reports regarding Mike's involvement on that song/album. He's apparently not listed in the liner notes anywhere, but Ryu says Mike did production work on 2000 Fold in this interview, without mentioning what specific track(s) he worked on...

-Regarding the "Tupac and Biggie Tribute," I have NEVER seen 30 Seconds to Mars associated with this track. It was on filesharing networks for years as featuring various combinations of Linkin Park, Eminem, 50 Cent, Stagga Lee, Jay-Z, etc, but outside of Linkin Park it was always associated with rappers.

The 3 Grey Daze tracks that were re-recorded for No Sun Today (What's In the Eye, Sometimes, and Hole) were also frequently mislabeled as being "live acoustic versions" for some reason...

Edited by Astat

-The version of "Headstrong" in question is actually the Trapt demo version, and it's specifically attributed to being a Xero demo for some reason, even though the song was written several years after Xero ceased to exist.

Yeah, it's a demo. It wasn't on any album or EP as far as I know.

I downloaded it as being a Linkin Park song on eMule years ago.

Funny thing: if you check the commentaries of some YouTube videos you can actually see people arguing with Trapt (their official account) that this is a Linkin Park song.

-Regarding the "Tupac and Biggie Tribute," I have NEVER seen 30 Seconds to Mars associated with this track.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10142&page=2&do=findComment&comment=248154

-Regarding "Marco Polo," I've seen conflicting reports regarding Mike's involvement on that song/album. He's apparently not listed in the liner notes anywhere, but Ryu says Mike did production work on 2000 Fold in this interview, without mentioning what specific track(s) he worked on...

We should ask Ryu about this.

The 3 Grey Daze tracks that were re-recorded for No Sun Today (What's In the Eye, Sometimes, and Hole) were also frequently mislabeled as being "live acoustic versions" for some reason...

+ the hidden track from Shouting Out.

------------------------------------------------------

Updated the main post.

Regarding "Marco Polo," I've seen conflicting reports regarding Mike's involvement on that song/album. He's apparently not listed in the liner notes anywhere, but Ryu says Mike did production work on 2000 Fold in this interview, without mentioning what specific track(s) he worked on...

I guess the one thing is I made the original beat for “Marco Polo” by Styles of Beyond. But they ended up having a different producer do the one for the record.

http://mikeshinodaclan.com/media/interviews/pulsetc-fort-minor-article/

• 8 months later...

Hello,

does anyone know where to get the fake songs mentionened in the first post?

I' m desperately searching for Ballock - Room 105, the only information I found is, that it was labeled as Linkin Park on file-sharing networks and some fake albums, so this is the only hint I got. Unfortunately I can't find a file or a CD with the song on it anywhere, so can someone help me out?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/17/2023 at 4:16 AM, Hybrider said:

There was also song called Linkin Park - Lost. It was fake song, but I can't find it now. It was sometime in 2010 on YouTube.

Kinda funny that they, technically, predicted the name to one of the most popular unreleased songs that has been released by Linkin Park.

6 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Kinda funny that they, technically, predicted the name to one of the most popular unreleased songs that has been released by Linkin Park.

It was called Lost Song. I still remember how it sound but I don't have it. And if you are saying about "predicting" songs, I thought that "Halo" exist before they released it in LPU 10.