11.08.2013 - Osaka, Japan - Summer Sonic

On the 11th, Linkin Park completes their first back-to-back shows for the first time since March, when they did it in Australia. The band will be playing at Osaka's Maishima Summer Sonic Site for their second and final show at this year's Summer Sonic. This will be Linkin Park's third appearance at Summer Sonic in Osaka, with the others coming in 2006 and 2009. The band's last show in Osaka was on September 16, 2011, almost two years ago (show page here).

At the Tokyo Summer Sonic show, the band played a 20 song festival setlist, which was the same set as Sunset Strip Music Festival except with 'LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent' (Ballad Medley) added to the middle. Somehow, the first three songs ('A Place For My Head', 'Papercut', and 'Given Up') were posted as a proshot video on YouTube almost immediately after the performance, with the uploader promising more shortly. Was the show broadcasted live on Japanese television? Check those out here:

Additionally, the brand new song that the band has been talking about recently has finally debuted! 'A Light That Never Comes', a song by Linkin Park and Steve Aoki, was played during Steve's Summer Sonic Tokyo set, with Mike and Chester joining him on stage. For more information about the collaboration, which will be debuted on Linkin Park's LP Recharge game, click here. As far as we can tell, Steve will not be performing at the Osaka Summer Sonic show.

In Osaka, Linkin Park will play just before Metallica like they did in Tokyo. This is interesting as this is the band's first Summer Sonic appearance where they have played essentially their entire show in the afternoon before the sun sets. LP will play the Ocean Stage after Fall Out Boy, Bullet For My Valentine, Maximum The Hormone, Perfume, Volbeat and Crossfaith.

There will be some sort of live stream of Summer Sonic on the 11th, but the website says that it will happen from the Tokyo site, which is where Muse is playing. The live stream starts on the 11th at 6:00pm JST for all fans OUTSIDE of Japan. More information can be found on the festival website (http://www.summersonic.com) and the trailer for the live stream can be viewed

It is possible that we will get a few Linkin Park songs, it's possible that we will get no Linkin Park songs, and it's possible that they'll stream the entire LP Tokyo set. We really have no idea until it begins, so keep an eye out for LP on the webcast.

After this show, Linkin Park plays their first show in Manila, Philippines since 2004 on August 13th. Shows in Hong Kong (with the 9th LPU Summit), Taipei and Kuala Lumpur close out the short six show tour. For the full 2013 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. New Divide

07. Points Of Authority

08. LIES GREED MISERY

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

14. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' Lyrics Tease (Mike/Chester))

15. What I've Done

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ 'Reading My Eyes' v1; Ext. Outro)

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

- Set A returns but 'Somewhere I Belong' is dropped.

- After missing in Tokyo, verse one of 'Reading My Eyes' returned over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'.

Setlist picture here.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is listed on the Tokyo lineup but not listed on the Osaka lineup.

Do we have any idea how those proshot songs got on YouTube so quickly? Was the show broadcasted live on TV or online somewhere? The person says they have more too so it appears that it wasn't just the first three songs.

Just a theory but when the video was found, I saw it was uploaded via Youtube Capture. I think the person taped the screens and immediatly uploaded it after.

Anyway, whos powering through the night again? Or am I gonna be alone?

Do we have any idea how those proshot songs got on YouTube so quickly? Was the show broadcasted live on TV or online somewhere? The person says they have more too so it appears that it wasn't just the first three songs.

I found some subscription webcast (not 100% sure because it was in Japanese). Maybe it was Wowow. I think the dude who uploaded it live in Japan and he said he will upload more video.

I fell asleep right before the band started their set and woke up like 30 mins later. I updated the set maybe 30~ mins or so after that (when Metallica and Muse were still on), then fell back asleep. Woke up to 32 twitter texts lol. I said damn.

Just a theory but when the video was found, I saw it was uploaded via Youtube Capture. I think the person taped the screens and immediatly uploaded it after.

Anyway, whos powering through the night again? Or am I gonna be alone?

Dont worry, you're not gonna be here alone ;) I'll be here for sure and probably everybody that were here last night.

I fell asleep right before the band started their set and woke up like 30 mins later. I updated the set maybe 30~ mins or so after that (when Metallica and Muse were still on), then fell back asleep. Woke up to 32 twitter texts lol. I said damn.

Haha, last night it was basically me, COG and Skipees. It was fun, 4:00am though.

Yeah every show has that just about, for media/press purposes. But we don't see 99% of those videos. Only clips used for the news reports and stuff, which turns out to be a few seconds or something. We do get a few though.

That's interesting they webcasted the first three songs though. I'll take it because they'll probably play more on TV at a later point.

Yeah every show has that just about, for media/press purposes. But we don't see 99% of those videos. Only clips used for the news reports and stuff, which turns out to be a few seconds or something. We do get a few though.

That's interesting they webcasted the first three songs though. I'll take it because they'll probably play more on TV at a later point.

maybe in today webcast they aired more songs;

hoping also that shows the light that never comes with Steve Aoki

Edited by stich

So I guess today is the 1% day.

Another fact, there are no other videos for the other bands online from this wecast (yet?).

The crowd is fucking JAMMING on the first three songs. Holy cow the place is exploding on Given Up. Awesome crowd for the band. LP sounds great.

What a shame they aren't touring more in 2013. Ever since they got their live energy back in 2012 for the LT touring cycle, they've been sounding great on stage and really rocking big time. Chester on that Given Up outro...oh yes.