Chris Cornell's "Scream" Leaks

hahninator

Well since LP news is a little slow besides random festival rumors, I thought I'd fill you in on another artist I enjoyed seeing this past summer on Projekt Revolution. For those of you who don't already know, Chris Cornell's new studio album with Timbaland, entitled "Scream", has been leaked. You may find it at the usual places - I'm not posting any links because god knows how many greedy, corporate record labels would come after me with a lawsuit if I did.

I believe this one is out on March 10th if I recall correctly. What's funny is that it was supposed to come out on November 4th, election day. It was promoted everywhere, and yet the day came and went with no explanation on the delay. It was then changed to February 3rd, which is tomorrow, but that obviously isn't happening either. Finally, it was moved to March 10th with nothing being said on the matter, but I guess that is the final date now. That seems a little unprofessional if you leave the fans in the dust like that in my opinion, but to each his own I guess.

Also I'd like to call out either the Chris Cornell band management, their record label or whoever is responsible for deleting the positive album review threads by fans on the official Chris Cornell forums. You cannot deny an album leaked, whether you like it or not honestly. I don't think you should alienate the fans and upset them for discussing what they have waited for for so long. However, they can do whatever they please.

Likewise, Mike posted within 24 hours of a leak of Minutes To Midnight in 2007. That message is still available here. "and to everyone else who can't wait: we can't help but understand, because we're just as excited about this album coming out as you are. either way, thanks for listening, and being a fan of our music.", he said.

Regardless of their approach to the fanbase, the record is good in my opinion. Long Gone, Watch Out, and Scream are quality tracks, two of which I was able to see live. The hip hop direction he takes is interesting....I recommend you checking it out at least even if you prefer Soundgarden/Audioslave. And there's your random news story of the week for you all!

id like a link in the form of a pm :)

haha but i love the shit they put out so far

Watch Out got catchy but sometimes i dont like the unnecessary instrumentals they put at the end of some songs like Scream