STP Tour + Fall EP

hahninator

If you guys saw the sh*t storm the whole name thing is causing right now with STP fans, you'd get why they're billing this way. I totally agree it should just be STP because Chester is their lead singer, but STP is trying to find a bit of middle ground with fans.

I agree with the comment above. I also wouldn't be surprised if Chester's legal counsel recommended that he keep a bit of distance between himself and the band: "Three Guys Who Are Suing and Getting Sued" with Chester Bennington.

I'll definitely be at Huntington and Vegas. (The Vegas show happens to coincide with a trip I'd already planned out there to see Motley Crue.) Might do Bethlehem and Atlantic City, too. We shall see.

If you guys saw the sh*t storm the whole name thing is causing right now with STP fans, you'd get why they're billing this way. I totally agree it should just be STP because Chester is their lead singer, but STP is trying to find a bit of middle ground with fans.

so... if the "ol' skool STP" fans are boycotting... more 'STP w/Chester' fans get to attend...?

I'd call that a result for this forum

Even the STP fans know that their glory days were long over, even if Scott was still in the band today. From what I've seen some fans seem to understand that and a good part of the fans seem to like Chester as a replacement. I'm not sure if the LP fans make up for the pissed off fans at the shows.

Even the STP fans know that their glory days were long over, even if Scott was still in the band today.

that's right but i'm not sure it's enough for them. let's say that the glory days of LP were long over, you will be cool if someone will replace Chester? Edited by Skipees

The band broke up before, then they had a horrible reunion when Scott was drunk as fuck on stage and they broke apart again. I think the rest of the band has a legitimate reason to replace Scott, just imagine you have a band that you love and you want to keep making music, but someone just ruins it and you have someone willing to step in that's motivated.

The band broke up before, then they had a horrible reunion when Scott was drunk as fuck on stage and they broke apart again. I think the rest of the band has a legitimate reason to replace Scott, just imagine you have a band that you love and you want to keep making music, but someone just ruins it and you have someone willing to step in that's motivated.

again, i agree with you. but you need to understand that's not someone, that's the singer, that's the voice that some of them listen to it in the last 20 years. in 99% of the bands you can replace any "instrument" member and keep the band style. but when you listen to another voice it's a big different.

so again, i agree with you, but i understand them.

again, i agree with you. but you need to understand that's not someone, that's the singer, that's the voice that some of them listen to it in the last 20 years. in 99% of the bands you can replace any "instrument" member and keep the band style. but when you listen to another voice it's a big different.

so again, i agree with you, but i understand them.

I somewhat agree.. Honestly, if Chester were to ever leave LP or worse, be replaced, I would never listen to LP again.

I somewhat agree.. Honestly, if Chester were to ever leave LP or worse, be replaced, I would never listen to LP again.

what is that means? if Chester will leave and nobody will replace him? only Mike a lead singer.. this can be weird. Edited by Skipees

I'm not really familiar with STP but having Chester in the band will keep me interested.

you are not alone, there are a lot of people that started listen to STP recently just because Chester. Edited by Skipees

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STPWC are working with new producer on the EP?:

Stone Temple Pilots are working with producer Lior Goldenberg on their new EP. It is not known if he is the official producer of the EP. Goldenberg has worked with Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Downey Jr., Lindsay Lohan, and Crash Kings. The DeLeo brothers produced STP’s self-titled 2010 album, the band’s last with former frontman Scott Weiland.

Below are photos from Goldenberg’s Facebook.

Posted Image

Tracking guitars at the Space with Dean DeLeo.

Posted Image

Charles Jones came by to lay some mean B3!

Source.