Linkin Park in France at the Parc des Princes?

lpdu78

An interesting link tells us that the "Parc des Princes (stadium's former of the France team football and current stadium of the Paris Saint Germain) would like to bring Linkin Park for a concert in 2011 as headliner. This would be the first concert of Linkin Park in such a large enclosure in France since the enclosure can accommodate up to 60,000 people

Link(in french)

http://www.musiquemag.com/news-linkin-park...s-2011-4879.htm

Traduction(with google sorry)

Linkin Park has confirmed his participation at the Download Festival to be held at Donington Park in England from 10 to 12 June 2011 with System Of A Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Rob Zombie. Linkin Park then surely benefit from this passage to Europe to come and give one or more concerts in France. Yes, but where? If the three other groups of the festival poster English may be found at Hellfest, there is no chance to play Linkin Park between Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest and Trust.

So, you can expect the band to Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington afford Parc des Princes headlining. After all, Linkin Park has long been the same stature that a Coldplay or Green Day in France. So knowing that Linkin Park is sold out at Bercy since his album Meteora was released in 2003, the Parc des Princes would be a logical step in the path of the Californian band ... "Linkin Park des Princes ?

Edited by damien.c

highly doubt that. LP's status in france is unfortunately not as high as coldplay, u2 or any other famous rock band.

Id rather see them play 2 shows at bercy or bercy/other french city than this huge venue.

look in south france they dont even have LP's album in virgin megastores or any other big record shop..they didnt do any advertising of ATS...they dont even play their songs on the famous radio stations...

I am surprised with as much as they play Bercy that they don't ever do two shows there. Paris seems to be a huge spot for LP fans. They played Metz in 2008 too. It always is shocking to me that they don't play nearly as much in France as they do in Germany. I think instead of playing Bercy in 2011, they should take Projekt Revolution to France and play a huge show at this venue with a great lineup!

I agree, they really should take Projekt Rev in France !

If they come in France this summer I would be happy anyway.

I really doubt that they'll play at ''Le Parc des Princes''.

Remember, no shows in 2009 for France.

Edited by Lordofdonuts

I tried to translate it myself, maybe it would be better:

Linkin has just confirmed its participation to Download Festival, which will take place at Donnington Park in England from 10th to 12th june 2011, with System Of A Down, Avenged Sevenfold and Rob Zombie. Linkin Park will certainly takes advantage of this visit to Europe to give one or several shows in France. Yes, but where? If the other three headlining bands of the English festival could perform at Hellfest, there isn't any chance that Linkin Park would perform between Ozzy Osbourne, Trust and Judas Priest.

And so, we could imagine Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington's band offer themselves a Parc des Princes as headliner. After all, Linkin Park has had for ages the same stature that of a Green Day or a Coldplay in France. Then, as we know Linkin Park has played to packed houses at Bercy since their album Meteora dating back to 2003, the Parc des Princes would be a logical continuation in the path of the Californian band... "Linkin Park des Princes?" [stupid play-on-words by the way]

The Parc des Princes is the second hugest concert hall of France after the Stade de France as they both are soccer and rugby stadium. I'm not sure the sound is great and it is really really big. I would love them to come back to France but please, not in a stadium!

Actually, it's just a supposition of Musique Mag so I hope they're half wrong.

highly doubt that. LP's status in france is unfortunately not as high as coldplay, u2 or any other famous rock band.

QFT

Edited by Lunidy

you're 100% right... In my opinion Problem was not the fan... two fact for me first categorization of the band kill them.. for most LP is just a "scream band" for teenager... and second things in germany and probably UK too... for the entire tour you got many producers... in france we only got one and it's seems they didn't know the popularity LP had... just take a look at the price for the show about 45-50 euro here (in france) 60-70 euro in other

Id rather see them play 2 shows at bercy or bercy/other french city than this huge venue.

Same problem as i mention above producer seems to be blind and didn't see this band as a huge "cash mashine"... Bercy was sold out in about 3-4 weeks...

look in south france they dont even have LP's album in virgin megastores or any other big record shop..they didnt do any advertising of ATS...they dont even play their songs on the famous radio stations...

Virgin megastore is the worst CD/audio/dvd seller in france in my opinion... "Fnac" and "Saturne" are definitely better !! the advertising was made by virgin radio... and the radio is like the store a piece of Sh** ... sometime they air burninig in the sky but cut a lot of part to make a 2:50min song... it's really a shame...

"single" was unavailable and if we want them we have to import them from Germany or UK...

Edited by Valentitix

I agree with Ana :) Linkin Park is doing more shows in UK & Germany than in France because they're really popular there. The're always doing 1 or 2 shows in France & that's it. And it's always in places where there can be between 12 000 & 17 000 people not 60 000.

I think the writer of the article expresses more his expectations to see the band play at the "Parc Des Princes" than saying the band is planning to do it. So I think we should wait more informations about it.

Edited by Malou

• 2 weeks later...

They will not play at the parc des princes because they must be sure to be sold out - and Paris is big but they won't take the chance. Anyway they should tour in Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux - be sold out in all those cities then they can try the parc des princes. Maybe with the projekt revolution and other's line up they would, but alone they clearly won't.

• 3 weeks later...