11.10.2010 - Itú, Brazil

hahninator

So today the South American leg of the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour ends in Itú, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Linkin Park will be performing at the Start With You - Music And Arts Festival today at Fazenda Maeda. This is LP's second Brazilian show ever, the first being Sept. 11, 2004, which was also a festival show. The South American leg of the tour kicked off in Buenos Aires, Argentina on the 7th, hit Santiago, Chile on the 9th and concludes today in Brazil. The band originally was going to play five shows on the continent (confirmed by the promoter as well as Chester in a recent interview), but I guess two shows fell through, making their leg of this tour only three shows.

The setlist has been the same the past two shows, so this brings up several questions. Is the band using these three shows as sort of a promo run to get used to the live material before they start rotating setlists? Or will they start rotating them tonight? Or maybe in Europe? For the "Minutes To Midnight" cycle, LP played a full tour before they started to rotate setlists. They've also started tours by doing sets twice in a row, like: A, A, B, B, C, C, then A, B, C for the rest of the tour. What do you think they'll do?

Will they debut any other songs in Europe? Remember in Santiago, Mike sang the chorus of "Burning In The Skies" over the bridge of "Bleed It Out"...I thought that was pretty interesting. Or will they swap out a few songs like "Papercut" and "Shadow Of The Day" for other songs that aren't in this current setlist?

After this show, the band has a little over a week off before kicking off the European leg of the tour in Berlin, Germany @ O2 World on Oct. 20. LP will play 16 shows in 23 days in Europe before playing two shows in the Middle East - Abu Dhabi and Tel Aviv. After a short break, they'll play in Australia in December, with North America in early 2011 to follow, then Asia, Europe again and finally the USA one last time.

The rest of the 2010 tour dates can be found here. Also, a recording of the Argentina show can be found here. Thanks to Fabri1791 and Kamui for that.

Who's going? Who's tweeting? Who's posting from the show?

SETLIST

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada del Muerto

11. Waiting for the End

12. Wisdom, Justice and Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance

16. Breaking the Habit

17. Shadow of the Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

--------------------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In the End

24. What I’ve Done

25. Bleed it Out

The show page can be found here

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. That's gonna SUCK if they don't rotate in Europe. 6 shows in Germany, I'm sure a lot of people are going to 4+ shows. Tons of hardcore fans there.

I know at least 6 ppl who do 4+ shows^^ and it will suck if they play always the same set. Mark throw your vote :P but I guess they will rotate in Europe for sure ;)

Rotating Setlists FTW!

yeah agree :D it was nice in 2007, no one expeted it and they continued it until 2008. for 2009 I can understand it, but this year they need to change for sure again :D at least in europe. Last year I heard same set 3 time during 5 days. I don't like to have it this year again, cause 3 show on 4 days and 4 days later one more^^

I guess everybody hopes that.

I guess you are right. I need to say I had also fun during 2009 with the same set, but it's better to have different setlists, the best is what Metallica is doing, playing old songs at the shows and never play the same set during a tour :D LP should do this some day as well ;)

they will play the same set. Rotating setlists won't happen till next year if they return at all. You guys also need to remember bands arent obligated to change setlists at all. They can, which would be cool, but they don't have to. Deal with it. Don't know why fans think they can demand what they want whatever happened to beggers can't be choosers?

they will play the same set. Rotating setlists won't happen till next year if they return at all. You guys also need to remember bands arent obligated to change setlists at all. They can, which would be cool, but they don't have to. Deal with it. Don't know why fans think they can demand what they want whatever happened to beggers can't be choosers?

meh, SpikeMinoda got my hopes up and you destroy them :(