14.06.2012 - St. Petersburg, Russia

The twelfth and final show of the 2012 Summer European Tour for Linkin Park comes as a headlining show in St. Petersburg, Russia at Petersburg Sports and Concert Complex.

Most importantly and before we get to LP's previous shows in St. Petersburg,, everyone needs to see what is currently the most popular Linkin Park fan on the Internet! This is a security guy dancing yesterday during the Odesa, Ukraine "soundcheck" before the show where the crew plays some live recordings over the PA system (aka LP is not on stage). Video credit goes to the fan-favorite Sam Herrington. What a badass dance!

Linkin Park's first Russian show was in on their 2007 Minutes To Midnight European Tour in St. Petersburg (show page here) for the Tuborg Greenfest at New Arena. In 2009, they returned to St. Petersburg (show page here) for the Greenfest again, this time at Telebashnya Stadium. The 2009 show featured Mike rapping 'Hands Held High' verse 1 a cappella before 'Crawling' for the first time, combining that with verse 2 over the 'KRWLNG' intro to the song. Also, the band brought a fan on stage during 'Bleed It Out' after verse 2 to sing the end of the song with Chester. Combining the three Moscow shows (2007, 2011 and 2012), this will be the sixth show in Russia for Linkin Park in six years! This will be their third performance in St. Petersburg.

At the last show in Odesa, Ukraine on the 12th (show page here), the band surprised fans by playing the "headlining" setlist at a festival for the first time. I guess this means that what we've been calling the "headlining" setlist needs a new name. Maybe the 'TINFOIL' setlist? Regardless, we should expect that setlist again in St. Petersburg unless the band pulls another trick on us and plays the "festival" setlist with 'A Place for My Head' opening.

Who's going to St. Petersburg? M&G, anyone? Will the fans flashmob the band again like they did a few days ago in Moscow? The band seemed to like it a lot, so I think it's coming again!

This is the last show in Europe this summer for Linkin Park, but they will return in the fall on a soon-to-be-announced Fall European Tour. Stay tuned for those dates when the band releases them! After this show, the band takes a week off before playing four promo shows (four right now, at least, unless more get announced like we are expecting) beginning with two in Tokyo on the 22nd and 23rd for Music Station and the MTV Music Awards Japan, which both should be one song performances, and ending with shows on the 27th at Jimmy Kimmel in Los Angeles and the 29th at Club Nokia in LA for X Games MUSIC. We are expecting both of those to be full shows. For the full 2012 tour schedule and setlists from every show of this tour, click here.

SETLIST: (picture here)

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

07. Blackout

08. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

09. New Divide

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-------------------------------

19. BURN IT DOWN

20. In The End

21. Numb

22. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

The European Tour is now over!

Anyone know what Chester is trying to say in

seems like this cycle has gone by pretty fast. Good stuff though. Wonder if they will switch anything up after the 26th.

I think the two setlists are too similar. Like most of the same songs except APFMH/TINFOIL and they only have 2 songs. I think they'll take these 2, make one more set and play new songs in them all. Maybe rotate a few new ones like they did in 2007 (SOTD, IP, LOATR). Then I think they'll for sure rotate With You, Runaway, Blackout and APFMH somehow. Blackout probably in one set. Maybe other songs will return like NMS. Hopefully even another old song returns for Honda Civic Tour.

Looking forward to 3 very diverse but very epic setlists on the USA tour.

I'm going :D

Also will be live-tweeting the set (hopefully) so tommorow my twitter is gonna be all about the show.

Since there's no email for me about M&G, I guess I'm out of luck on this. :[

great to know it... we will be looking forward those tweets... since this it'll be the last show from this european tour maybe something special can happen.

I'm going to the show and M&G. :) Maybe I will post some photos in my twitter. Looking for tweets with hashtag #LPLIVESPB2012.

great to know it... we will be looking forward those tweets... since this it'll be the last show from this european tour maybe something special can happen.

When I talked with Adam in Moscow, he said it will be great show. When I asked about any surprises, he said he doesn't know. :)

Edited by Mohnaryl

Watch them drop Blackout, With You, Runaway, and APFMH completely on the HC tour. The bitch-fest will be like none before... or is it possible some fans have matured since the MTM days?

I will blow the fuck up like this:

Posted Image

Watch them drop Blackout, With You, Runaway, and APFMH completely on the HC tour. The bitch-fest will be like none before... or is it possible some fans have matured since the MTM days?

The sad thing is that I'm pretty sure this will happen.

Yup.The songs I wanted to see most that I've never seen live before are probably being dropped. They seriously better add Figure.09 or TLTGYA, or else I will bitch like I've never bitched before.

I don't know this and never asked, but WHERE DO YOU FIND THE SETLIST PAPER THINGS?!

Wait at the front of the stage after the show and get a security guy or crew member to give it to you.

Chester's trying to say "Stop drink our blood". No idea, what does it mean, looks like a stupid joke.

Maybe something to do with the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter promotion?

Edited by LPFreak64

Anyone know what Chester is trying to say in

Timur Bekmambetov, the director of "Abe Linkoln: the vampire hunter", is trying to teach them how to say on Russian "enough to drink our blood"

Because "POWERLESS" will be in this movie ;)

Edited by ivan_astahov27

Wait at the front of the stage after the show and get a security guy or crew member to give it to you.

Worst moment for me was when I was watching side stage in Tampa 2011, talking to Mark Fiore after the show about random stuff/shows and a guy interrupts our convo from the seats, asks Fiore if he'll get him a setlist and he does it. Damn, lol. Could have asked him the whole time :P

Thanks for the translations. Interesting and funny.

That was one hell of a show. Fan-zone was going crazy and LP were as great as ever. Such a powerfull set, you don't even get to catch your breath in between the songs. :lol:

We also did two flashmobs, first with paper airplanes on Iridescent (

, here and
) and then we showed them hearts after they finished the show. No video yet.

Well, I don't have lots of words to say about the show.

I just tell you the fact and a couple more:

First, I had the ticket to the fan-zone, well, the show began, thank god that people were at least jumping up and down, some random guy(props to him) and me tried to get the moshpit going in the fan-zone, there were 4-5 people near us who were willing to start it too.

After that, we've been given the reaction from some people out there: they just have tried to beat us up, cool then.

Second, we left the fan-zone, got to the entrance ticket zone, found the moshpit.

After that I had one of the best hours in my life, because of that feeling, that you are somewhere you belong.

Chester's voice was really strong during the whole show, top job.

Gotta say that the dream came true, I finally got a chance to get my feelings out while that bridge after the second chorus of "The Catalyst" was building up.

So, overall, great show, but I'll be very sad if we would never hear "With You", "Runaway", "POA" live, these songs should be clinched in the live set for the time being.