The Demo List Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to say, incase someone needs one (or many) of the demos, I'm 99% sure I have every directly Linkin Park related one in as high of quality as possible MP3's (some aren't the highest quality, but the highest you can find anywhere)

Edited by TripleXero

Damn, those are some of the only ones that I have that are lower quality, and hoped they were higher, but same ones I have. Well I guess since it was on the website in the time of dial-up, there probably isn't higher quality versions

I'm almost positive, I'll check now though

EDIT: One might have slightly louder echos (that's the main difference between these demos and the final), but that might just be because one of the two is just completely louder in general. Otherwise I heard no differences. They're basically the same length, too, besides the Unmastered having silence at the end

Edited by TripleXero

So the studio Finals 5/7/00 and the Ozzfest versions are both the same??

Yeah, Studio Finals = Now I See. The version of One Step Closer on the Studio Finals disc is also identical to the one on the ECW Anarchy Rocks soundtrack. It was basically the same thing that happened with Blackout in Fifa World Cup and The Catalyst in Medal of Honor years later - the songs were submitted before the final mixes were done.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they don't, but why not make sure. Do the multiple releases of Dedicated and Step Up have differences?

Nothing different with Dedicated, other than the overall sound quality perhaps being slightly better on Songs from the Underground (the LPU 2.0 CD generally sounds like crap - compare that version of My December with any other release). The only differences in Step Up are the mastering differences between the original and reissue versions of the HTEP (same with the other 5 tracks).

• 4 weeks later...

We should add dates to the best of our knowledge for these. Or in the case of the Part Of Me demo maybe put (Recorded after HTEP in 1999 or 2000) or something, so we can reference it.

Part Of Me (7-Track): 3:43 (begins and ends 0,03 seconds later than the 8-Track one [no joke, there's some sounds missing actually at the start and more sound at the end)]

Part Of Me (8-Track): 3:45 (worse quality due to the whole 8-Track CD)

Part Of Me (9-Track): 3:38 (two intro loops before the first guitar sound [instead of four])

Part Of Me (HT EP): 12:41 (two intro loops faded in before the first guitar sound; "cut myself free" singing by Mike [not screamed by Chester]; bridge is different; last refrain three times [instead of two times]; additional ambient part at the very end)]

Noticed this today; correct me if I'm wrong.

Part Of Me (8 Track): Mike whispers "freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it" after chorus 1

Part Of Me (7 Track): Same as above

Part Of Me (9 Track): Mike says "freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it" after chorus 1

Both are the "cut myself free" versions but I am pretty sure they have two different vocal takes, at least by Mike. Verse 1 for example sounds like he raps it a lot more intensely/raw in the 8 track and 7 track versions (which sound the exact same other than what you mentioned above). At the very minimum, that part after the chorus is different and Mike seems to have a different vocal take. It's worth taking a look at, but I am pretty positive these are two different demos (7/8 track versus the 9 track one) as they differ slightly besides just the intro/quality difference. Two different Part Of Me demos with stuff that differs besides just the intro/outro.

Some demos which isn't audible:

21stiches (given up demo)

Ebow (no more sorrow demo)

Dead by Sunrise:

My suffering demo (only live version is audible, it was played once in 2008, the version contains screaming verses)

This is "already released as..." kind of list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...