Grey Daze & Julien-K Team-Up For Chester Tribute Show

lpliveusername

From Grey Daze's Instagram:

Not only did he have a huge impact on our lives through his music & personality, but he is now more present than ever & his influence will be felt for the rest of our lives.

If you've been a fan of Linkin Park, Grey Daze or Dead By Sunrise, join us on September 2nd at Saxe Theater from Las Vegas, where Sean Dowdell & Mace Beyers of Grey Daze, Ryan Shuck & Amir Derakh from Dead By Sunrise/ Julien-K will bring a tribute to Chester Bennington.

20687913_196264907576640_468054920047414

Visit the event page for more information:

https://www.facebook.com/events/115580822420458

Damn, I'd love to go. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to travel anytime soon. But Chester's side projects and other bands have always been a passion of mine. It's cool they're doing this. Just saw and met Julien-K in Boston last week.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid that they'd play those without Chester, IMO. I like how Linkin Park isn't doing that type of stuff right now. IMO, nobody can sing like Chester. You don't see Mike up on stage trying to sing Chester's Linkin Park stuff.

Stupid that they'd play those without Chester, IMO. I like how Linkin Park isn't doing that type of stuff right now. IMO, nobody can sing like Chester. You don't see Mike up on stage trying to sing Chester's Linkin Park stuff.

Boy are you going to be pissed when LP starts playing shows lol

Except, they wont.

I've been seeing your posts recently, and I was wondering:

Are you saying LP is done because you're trying to be a realist, and because of that you're assuming LP is completely over and done?

Or are you hoping they're done because you believe it's the right thing to do?

If LP announces unequivocally that they're continuing, whether as a 5-piece or with a new touring member, would you feel that it was wrong?

Edited by Justin

@spraypaint - they are continuing 110%.

WTF? It's a MEMORIAL event, it isn't some "DEAD BY SUNRISE / GREY DAZE COHEADLINING SHOW 2017 THROWDOWN FEAT BRAND NEW SINGER!" It's a combined effort by members of those bands to play some songs in memorial of Chester since they were some of his best friends. Those bands are completely done and ended. Maybe we see some catalogue stuff released down the road but new material, of course not, they're finished. It's a tribute deal for Chester damn not some type of "he's being replaced deal".

@spraypaint - they are continuing 110%.

WTF? It's a MEMORIAL event, it isn't some "DEAD BY SUNRISE / GREY DAZE COHEADLINING SHOW 2017 THROWDOWN FEAT BRAND NEW SINGER!" It's a combined effort by members of those bands to play some songs in memorial of Chester since they were some of his best friends. Those bands are completely done and ended. Maybe we see some catalogue stuff released down the road but new material, of course not, they're finished. It's a tribute deal for Chester damn not some type of "he's being replaced deal".

After talking to you yesterday, I realized what it was. My bad for my original post here. I overreacted. I've really just been very depressed lately and going through a lot, tons of stuff going on in my personal life, plus Chester's death, etc.

They may do that but that doesn't mean they're going to do world tours again. It's going to be different. I can't believe there's so much denial here about that fact.

I rather not talk with so much certainty about what I don't know. Many things may or may not happen, but his words certainly point forward in a positive way.

They may do that but that doesn't mean they're going to do world tours again. It's going to be different. I can't believe there's so much denial here about that fact.

IMO just different only because of no Chester. I don't understand why they wouldn't do world tours.

IMO just different only because of no Chester. I don't understand why they wouldn't do world tours.

Because Chester was the lead singer of the band. He was the heart and soul of the band. When most people think of Linkin Park, they think of Chester Bennington's voice. If they end up replacing him, that person will have huge shoes to fill. Linkin Park will always be remembered for the music they made with Chester anyways, no matter what they do in their career from here. They're already late into their career with seven main albums, various other releases, several Grammy wins, etc. Hybrid Theory came out 17 years ago almost now. Whenever people think about Linkin Park in the scope of history, it's going to be for all those huge hits with Chester, and Chester's legacy. Maybe even more so now that Chester died so tragically.

So that goes to say, they probably won't be able to continue to headline these huge venues around the world each year. They won't get the crowds they did in the past without Chester.

And how do we even know this is what Linkin Park wants??? All I see are fans basically speaking for the band. Linkin Park hasn't really said much of anything yet. Just because they talked about the future of the band doesn't mean it's going to continue to be the same exact thing just without Chester. A lot will likely change. Chester's death heavily impacted the band not just on a personal level, but on a business level as well. He committed suicide a week before they were set to go on a huge U.S. tour for the new album. It wasn't like they were on an off year and making a new album or something. They had to cancel a lot of their plans for this touring cycle with 2017 and 2018 and a ton of stuff we probably won't even know about. They may continue by November with those Japan shows in those huge venues but who knows what the future of the band will be - only the band knows that, not the fans.

It seems like fans are like pissed or something and care more about their ''favorite band'' not being a thing anymore than Chester's passing. It's just a band. There are tons of bands out there. Tons of music to listen to. Linkin Park had a good run. Appreciate the memories you have with Linkin Park and that you were able to be a part of it all. And I'm not saying that the band won't continue, they likely will. But on the off chance that they don't, could you blame them? Fans are really kind of being selfish about it. They don't owe you anything. They have put out seven fucking albums - tons of music.

Edited by Geki

It seems like fans are like pissed or something and care more about their ''favorite band'' not being a thing anymore than Chester's passing. It's just a band. There are tons of bands out there. Tons of music to listen to. Linkin Park had a good run. Appreciate the memories you have with Linkin Park and that you were able to be a part of it all. And I'm not saying that the band won't continue, they likely will. But on the off chance that they don't, could you blame them? Fans are really kind of being selfish about it. They don't owe you anything. They have put out seven fucking albums - tons of music.

This bothers me a bit. People are legitimately considering what the future of the band is, and almost everything so far hints towards Linkin Park continuing in some form. Whether or not it's the huge tours they used to do or moving towards smaller venues or even just becoming a studio band. Saying that fans are being selfish seems to be coming out of nowhere because I have seen nowhere, oh here anyway, a sense of entitlement towards Linkin Park's continued existence. I agree they don't owe us anything, and that only they know the future of the band, but a lot of what you said seems to come out of left field.

This bothers me a bit. People are legitimately considering what the future of the band is, and almost everything so far hints towards Linkin Park continuing in some form. Whether or not it's the huge tours they used to do or moving towards smaller venues or even just becoming a studio band. Saying that fans are being selfish seems to be coming out of nowhere because I have seen nowhere, oh here anyway, a sense of entitlement towards Linkin Park's continued existence. I agree they don't owe us anything, and that only they know the future of the band, but a lot of what you said seems to come out of left field.

Just from what I've seen - here and elsewhere - some people seem to have this attitude as like oh they can easily continue, what's the big deal? Let's go. It's not that easy. Chester was the biggest part of this band. He was the heart and soul. He sang almost every ''hit'' the band ever had. It will EXTREMELY hard to play live without him. It's not as easy as many think. That's why I said before that they should just get a new singer if they plan on doing that. I don't think it's realistic at all to think the band will be able to play these huge venues that they've been playing in the future without Chester. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I really doubt it. I think people need to start thinking realistically if they are going to talk about the future of the band. And like I said, I didn't say it was certain that the band wouldn't continue in the future. I said it likely won't be the same at all. They can't just simply continue on with the way they were doing things before Chester died. Chester dying changed literally everything about the band and the future of the band. If I didn't want to be called an asshole, I would say that Chester really kind of left the band high and dry if you ask me. But I won't say that because I know Chester didn't intend that. It will be hard for the band to continue on unless they get a new vocalist. They could continue as a 5 piece, but understand that if they choose that, they likely will not be playing the venues they've been playing for years and it will be extremely different.