Chester: Carnivores Tour Update + Transformers 4

hahninator

Chester and Davey Havoc from AFI recently joined in to Nikki Sixx's (from Motley Crue) "Sixx Sense" podcast to talk about the upcoming Carnivores Tour in August and more! You can listen to the full podcast (around 20 minutes) here.

Some highlights:

- Chester hinted at more Linkin Park collaborations. This goes along with what Mike tweeted on March 12th: "@ChesterBe Oh, one more thing. We had another special guest in the studio today. It came out amazing."

- Live collaborations are planned for the Carnivores Tour.

- Chester said that all three bands will "perform as headliners" and will get a full set on the tour. With 6:30pm doors being advertised on the tour, this makes sense time-wise for AFI and 30 Seconds To Mars to at least play for an hour each.

- The band will release a new single before August. He mentioned that LP wants to give fans more music before the album drops. This is a given, though, because the album is coming out in June and the band will need a new single for the summer.

- LP will likely be a part of Transformers 4. Chester said that he couldn't mention details but something "might be coming".

For more highlights, check the full podcast. He talks about 'Guilty All The Same' and more. With Davey Havoc coming out on 'One Step Closer' in 2003, do you think the band will have him out again? What other collaborations would you like to see?

Sources: Wretches & Kings and LPA

I hope the album does in fact come out in June, I can't wait any longer. All this press and everything has got be so pumped up for this album. Great interview, probably my favorite one that has been done recently. Not too big of a fan of having all these guests on the studio album, but it's whatever, I will get over it and probably end up loving it just like I did with Rakim and GATS. One thing I seriously hope happens is LP, 30STM and AFI all doing a song together. Chester is right, how often have 3 different rock bands collaborated and did a song together? Would be so epic.

I wonder if the guest is bringing vocals or if they'll do something on the instrumental front.

I think Shannon (MARS's drummer) could pull some epic shit out for BIO live. Anyone from MARS is definitely not in the studio with LP now, they've been touring Europe for the past few weeks. And Jared had some award shows to attend (i.e. the Oscars) between the two levs.

Bands can record vocals and stuff overseas and send them to other artists, look at what LP did with We Made It back in late 2007, they recorded on their Asia tour. Not saying I think 30STM is doing this, but it could be possible. I think they will be artist that we aren't expecting as far as collaborations go.

Bands can record vocals and stuff overseas and send them to other artists, look at what LP did with We Made It back in late 2007, they recorded on their Asia tour. Not saying I think 30STM is doing this, but it could be possible. I think they will be artist that we aren't expecting as far as collaborations go.

The tweet said in the studio, so it rules them out. I wouldn't be surprised if they did another collab with recording happening in different locations, but that isn't the case for this upcoming track

- Chester said that all three bands will "perform as headliners" and will get a full set on the tour. With 6:30pm doors being advertised on the tour, this makes sense time-wise for AFI and 30 Seconds To Mars to at least play for an hour each.

I didn't think of this before, but could this potentially be a co-headlining tour? Maybe LP won't be playing last every night...

I think LP will definitely be playing last. Incubus also had the same set length as LP, I believe, and they always played before LP. I think AFI will open this up, then 30STM and then LP, just judging by the conversation with Nikki Sixx.

I think LP will definitely be playing last. Incubus also had the same set length as LP, I believe, and they always played before LP. I think AFI will open this up, then 30STM and then LP, just judging by the conversation with Nikki Sixx.

I want to say Jared said something like "the hour or so that we play before Linkin Park" when he was busy taking every single question during the press conference.

LP wont open for a karaoke machine NEVER LOL

btw when was the last time they opened for someone? Pearl Jam? 2007?

Pretty positive they've opened for Metallica in recent years but last time they opened for anyone in the states was Tool at the California festival in 2009.

Zero question LP plays last every night on this tour.

Pretty positive they've opened for Metallica in recent years but last time they opened for anyone in the states was Tool at the California festival in 2009.

We should make a list of this: Bands LP has opened after the mainstream success (Because if we count all the known bands it would be so massive)

We should make a list of this: Bands LP has opened after the mainstream success (Because if we count all the known bands it would be so massive)

I agree with this idea.

You are correct. LP has opened for Metallica at various festivals over the past couple of years. As far as just tours, they are always the main act now.

Edit: I remember some people complaint LP was opening for Metallica xD

Edited by Bliss

So if 30 Seconds To Mars gets an hour or so...that means with Leto talking, they'll have enough time for 3 songs?

lmao

EDIT: We shouldn't assume LP is going on at their regular tim of 9:20, if they're all headlining I imagine LP may be pushed back a little bit. MARS shows are usually a little over an hour, and thats about 14 songs + a few extras in the acoustic set. They also just started playing The Race regularly, and they sometimes throw in their cover of Rihanna's Stay.

Edited by Søuł

I think it's more likely to me that they'll all do something together during LP's set, pretty much like the Big 4 did. I still doubt that LP actually has the time to come out during 30stm's set cause they are doing the M&G.

I highly doubt with a new album dropping LP is going to play under their usual set length.

I'm not saying their set is being reduced, I'm saying their set may be pushed back. For example, they might have to go on at 9:30 or 9:45, while still playing their full 1 and half hour set.