Mike's LPU Chat Summary (6/26/13)

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Im 50-50 with you, they should keep trying to improve themselves, Chester has never sang Crawling like he did in the studio and there's no problem with that in the other hand i think that multilayers vocals like in RB should be eliminated if they cant do em live, i've never liked the vocal track that they have in Iridescent live.

I'm all in with them trying new things dont get me wrong, but when it gets to point where you're not even giving a song a chance to be play live, then the word "challenging" that LP has been using these past couple of years means nothing. I want them not to only challenge themselves in the studio but on live shows too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we don't know nothing about the sets yet, even the Step Up thing is not 100%.

I know that, but I meant that if only this song can be probably the only "different", but I bet it will be the same set for any festival, singles and some songs that we've heard last year and earlier this year. :lol:

I'm all in with them trying new things dont get me wrong, but when it gets to point where you're not even giving a song a chance to be play live, then the word "challenging" that LP has been using these past couple of years means nothing. I want them not to only challenge themselves in the studio but on live shows too.

i don't think there is a connection between not giving a song a chance to be play live to "challenging".

"challenging" can be more related to the process, for example, how they write the lyrics/music. i don't remember them using the word "challenging" about the live shows.

Really sucks for the LT fans that they probably won't attempt to do any more songs from that album. As much as I think that is great, it's probably bad in the long term for people that even dislike LIVING THINGS because for future albums they might even play less live. Maybe the next album they play 4 or 5 out of 12 songs live or something.

I find it weird they haven't even at least tried POWERLESS but they use its intro in the set (TINFOIL). I'LL BE GONE seems like it wouldn't be that much trouble to play but whatever lol. At this point I'd rather see Robot Boy than anything else from LT but we'll see what happens.

The Step Up comment was very interesting, maybe someone mentioned to Sean something about playing the song again. But it doesn't look very good for the August shows at this point.... That'd be really disappointing if they don't change anything. That means they will have used the same setlists for over a year now.

Maybe the next album they play 4 or 5 out of 12 songs live or something.

big maybe, because they have now too much successful singles right now, and if more will come one from these two things will happen:

1. heavy rotation between the sets, to play non-singles songs.

2. they will play singleset with 1/2 non-single from the current album.

I'd be satisfied if they could at least put 2/3 singles and 1/3 non-singles in their set.

Of course I'd prefer much more if this would be 50/50...

and of course something like that can't happen after 2007 ;).

At this point I'd rather see Robot Boy than anything else from LT but we'll see what happens.

This x1000 !!

After a year of letting it sink in, LT is easily the one LP album with the least lasting appeal for me save for a couple songs. It actually makes me sad that this was the successor to the absolutely amazing ATS.

Like someone else said, the band is getting to the point where they have way too many popular singles. That could be bad for the long time and die hard fans because the way things have been going, it really only leaves a couple of options for future shows: either future sets filled with only singles or different sets with heavy song rotations (leaving fans that can only manage one show a tour to be left disappointed if they don't get the set they are hoping for).

Hell, maybe I am being pessimistic and we will be surprised with "An Evening With Linkin Park" style shows in the future . That would be amazing and they could really pull out some songs form the vault and experiment.

I really hope something interesting at least of SSMF.

They always, at least in the last few years, special things for the warm up shows. And also they did special things for Asia so i really hope they play something different.

I'm pretty sure that Powerless and I'll Be Gone will be played live in the next Shows. Also, i think they will play something very old, maybe RME, or Step Up or even And One.