LIVING THINGS - Song Titles

This thread has been created to collect all song titles used throughout the LIVING THINGS writing & recording process. This includes workings titles and songs that have not been released. Please contribute more song titles or evidence where possible and include evidence that the title existed.

1. LOST IN THE ECHO - Holding Company (

)

2. IN MY REMAINS - One Forty (

)

3. BURN IT DOWN - Buried At Sea (

)

4. LIES GREED MISERY - Piledriver (

)

5. I'LL BE GONE (?)

6. CASTLE OF GLASS - Castle Of Glass (

)

7. VICTIMIZED - Battle Axe (

)

8. ROADS UNTRAVELED - Roads Untraveled (

)

9. SKIN TO BONE - Skin To Bone (

)

10. UNTIL IT BREAKS - Apaches (

)

11. TINFOIL

12. POWERLESS - Tinfoil (

)

?. Warm Spell (

)

?. Primo (

)

?. Animals (

)

?. Cloverleaf (

)

?. MSDFCB (

)

?. Laser Shorts (

)

?. Saron (

)

?. Fugitive (

)

?. 12.2.09 (

)

?. 11.24.10 (

)

Reference Guide:

Number: Track Number

TITLE: Final Track Title

- Title: Working Title

(Number): Reference to information

Edited by ToddWilliamson

Holding Company = LITE

One Forty = IMR

Primo = IBG

I pretty positive these have all been confirmed, I don't remember where the confirmations were but I think that Holding Company was confirmed in Inside Living Things.

Holding Company = LITE

One Forty = IMR

Primo = IBG

I pretty positive these have all been confirmed, I don't remember where the confirmations were but I think that Holding Company was confirmed in Inside Living Things.

Thanks. I have watched Inside LIVING THINGS and found evidence for LOST IN THE ECHO and IN MY REMAINS however I am still to find a link between Primo and I'LL BE GONE.

Why don't we expand this list to all albums?

I might after finishing it for LIVING THINGS. I'd like to know what LIVING THINGS songs exist that haven't made it to the album for future reference in hope that we can get them on a future Linkin Park Underground release. I can see that Minutes To Midnight will be hardcore though, haha.

Damn you, now I watched the entire Inside Living Things ^^

With helpful topics like these, don't forgot to search for existing similar topics. I'm sure working titles for the other albums have been put together somewhere before. Not that you "waste" your time on something someone already has put work into. Of course, you can recompile, complete the info, whatever you want.

This will be something that we want to put on a page in 5.0, so it's definitely important.

To save you some work, this is what I had so far. It hasn't been updated in over a year. I think it was originally compiled by Astat and maybe a few more people

Also, here's a full list of working titles:

Plaster - One Step Closer

Now I See - With You

Oh No/Points & Authority - Points of Authority

Stick N Move - Runaway

Sad/Super Xero/Super Zero - By Myself

Untitled - In the End (pretty sure it was always just "Untitled," not "The Untitled")

Esaul - A Place for My Head (one demo CD also listed the song as "Esaul (A Place for My Head)")

Rhinestone - Forgotten

The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch - Cure for the Itch

Sick - Don't Stay

Drawing - Breaking the Habit

WAKE Album Intro Idea - Wake

21 Stitches - Given Up (21 Stitches also originated from a discarded track called "Fire in the City")

Fear/When My Time Comes - Leave Out All the Rest

Accident - Bleed it Out

Bang Three - What I've Done

Song Q - Hands Held High

Ebow Idea/Ebow - No More Sorrow

Pictures - In Pieces

Drum Song - The Little Things Give You Away

Patients/No Roads Left But One - No Roads Left

Japan - Across the Line

Megatron - New Divide

Dingleberry - When They Come For Me

Meadowlands - Waiting For the End

Pac Manny - Blackout

Buried At Sea - Burn it Down

Working titles that stuck (I'm only listing confirmed ones here):

Faint

Figure.09

Shadow of the Day

Robot Boy

Iridescent

Dead By Sunrise working titles:

N2U - Into You

Darkness - In the Darkness

http://wiki.lpassociation.com/index.php/Demo

I'm not sure if "Cloverleaf" actually became "Castle Of Glass", but the band did mention "Cloverleaf" during "Inside Living Things", so you can add this title to the list.

The real titles of "Sorron" and "Play Them Shorts" are being discussed here:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9729

Edit:

@AndOne Astat said "Iridescent" was actually the working title of another track:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=182724

Edited by lpliveusername

Damn you, now I watched the entire Inside Living Things ^^

With helpful topics like these, don't forgot to search for existing similar topics. I'm sure working titles for the other albums have been put together somewhere before. Not that you "waste" your time on something someone already has put work into. Of course, you can recompile, complete the info, whatever you want.

This will be something that we want to put on a page in 5.0, so it's definitely important.

To save you some work, this is what I had so far. It hasn't been updated in over a year. I think it was originally compiled by Astat and maybe a few more people

I only realised that I had not seen Inside LIVING THINGS as it had been mentioned here so I am glad that it was brought up.

Apologies if this thread is too similar to another. My aim for this thread is to collect all evidence for working titles throughout the process as well as titles mentioned throughout the LIVING THINGS writing and recording process.

http://wiki.lpassociation.com/index.php/Demo

I'm not sure if "Cloverleaf" actually became "Castle Of Glass", but the band did mention "Cloverleaf" during "Inside Living Things", so you can add this title to the list.

The real titles of "Sorron" and "Play Them Shorts" are being discussed here:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9729

Edit:

@AndOne Astat said "Iridescent" was actually the working title of another track:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=182724

I have listed the two titles as Saron and Laser Shorts rather than Sorron and Play Them Shorts as this is what I have heard in the clips posted.

Also, I won't use Iridescent as this thread is for LIVING THINGS song titles at this point in time.

Nothing against this topic, this is good stuff, like I said the list I added is more than a year old and barely has the LT stuff so that's a good addition.

My comment about similarity was more related to the fact that just recently it happened a few times that similiar topics of already existing stuff were posted.

I think there was no thread focusing on working titles before until this one. The other titles were mentioned in one of the quick question threads I think. So it would be nice to have a comprehensive list of everything that we can use for the site later on.

Come on, that one sounds like completely made up by Chester in that moment. He's rolling on a ball making fun of Joe and his song numbers.

and you really think Joe's song numbers are from 2009 and 2010?

I agree that the Chester one is a joke.

me too. but Joe numbers in.. and nobody heard them or know what they are.

my question is, if Rob will record 10 second drums and call it 23426 should we count this too?

I think in the list with the working titles is a mistake.

As far as I know, 'The Cure For Mr. Hahns Itch' is the working title of Pushing Me Away, not for 'Cure For The Itch'.

The working title for CFTI is 'The Cure'.

Source: HT Studio Finals 5-7-2000

Edited by LPngdf

As far as I know, 'The Cure For Mr. Hahns Itch' is the working title of Pushing Me Away, not for 'Cure For The Itch'.

I'm just working with the LIVING THINGS titles for now. There are separate threads to discuss the working title for 'Cure For The Itch' and other titles.

That's clearly a misprint issue on that particular demo CD. Why the hell would "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" be the working title for Pushing Me Away and not CFTI?

Am I like the only person who still gets WHY Cure for the Itch has that title? What do you do to cure an itch? YOU SCRATCH. CFTI is Joe's instrumental track...WHERE HE SCRATCHES BECAUSE HE'S THE DJ. It's a play on words. Jesus christ.

Edited by Astat

Am I like the only person who still gets WHY Cure for the Itch has that title? What do you do to cure an itch? YOU SCRATCH. CFTI is Joe's instrumental track...WHERE HE SCRATCHES BECAUSE HE'S THE DJ. It's a play on words. Jesus christ.

Finally someone who people actually listen to understood that.

That's clearly a misprint issue on that particular demo CD. Why the hell would "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" be the working title for Pushing Me Away and not CFTI?

It wouldn't surprise me if that artwork is some sort of recreation. First of all comic sans, it doesn't look like any of the other internal CD's, for being such an important thing, no one wants an unmixed version of the album to leak, there are several typos in there, so many things that don't add up.

• 2 months later...

I just saw this. No idea how I didn't see it last year.

Where the fuck did all those interviews go that the band gave for this? They could have compiled those with the studio stuff and made an hour DVD to go with the album. Damn.

I remember this video first coming out before LIVING THINGS was released, I figured it was a trailer for the making of LIVING THINGS, kind of like LP did with the trailer for The Meeting Of A Thousand Suns in 2010. I guessed wrong. I think the making of LIVING THINGS sucked compared to this 3 minute trailer. I love this trailer.

A fan somewhere should make our own fan-made making of LIVING THINGS since we never got a proper release, and the other one released online left out tons of footage from LPTV and stuff. It would be cool.

Edited by Geki

Chester & Rob did a series of interviews that day

They have the same clothes in this mexican interview for Telehit ;)

they even forget the name of TLTGA lol prett funny

btw in this inverview Chester said that he wrote the prologue of the 40th anniversary book of The Doors, that's new to me. who has that part? i wanna read it

Edited by Linkin JZÉ