Songs LP Rehearsed But Never Played

RogueSoul

As a footnote, this same guy also once claimed that he arranged Mike's keyboard parts for the live version of Breaking the Habit (as in figuring out how to transpose the string parts to keys). Of all the things that make me question this guy's legitimacy, that one takes the cake. Mike is a classically trained pianist, wrote the BTH string parts on keyboard in the first place that Dave Campbell subsequently arranged for live strings, and the BTH live keyboard part isn't really THAT difficult...but he had to rely on someone else to figure it out for him? None of the LP band members or crew personnel have ever mentioned this guy by name as far as I'm aware, and he's never been thanked in the liner notes of any of their albums, yet he's apparently important enough to help them arrange some of their music? :huh: We DO know for sure that he's some type of music producer from the LA area...but I honestly can't recall any of his meetings with Linkin Park ever being verified by anyone other than him, lol.

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure No Roads Left was also rehearsed prior to PR07. Remember that picture from the "secret show" with the one LPU member holding a full show setlist that was different from any of the final A/B/C sets? Pretty sure NRL was on there (shame the picture was so low-resolution...still curious what that full set was).

I actually had no idea about the BTH claim. Thanks for the info. Wow.

I have that picture and a few others. Hell I think they're still in the LPU gallery. I can see if the LPU has high res copies of them that we can have. I cannot believe out out of everyone there, NO ONE except the one girl posted on the LPU forums and she didn't end up with one of those full setlists. However, that was from this:

http://lplive.net/shows/20080529.php

Not PR07. It was right before Europe 2008. And yeah I think NRL was on one of those setlists too. What is good is that Sean is scanning all of his setlists he has for us before Asia so if he has one with NRL on it, we will get it. I will find the pic and get it uploaded here. Maybe someone can figure some stuff out on it. I remember we analyzed the hell out of it when those pics were posted lol. We also are missing on the show page the other version of that setlist that was played. In the pics of people holding up setlists you can see a version without Fell On Black Days on there.

EDIT: can't find the fucking picture right now but here's the LPA thread from that time period: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27912

The pic can be found somewhere online I'm sure lol. Who still has an LPU membership? Mine expired. Check the gallery of pics and get the ones from the May 2008 rehearsal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the picture. Is there any way to enhance it? I will compare the number of lines to what we have from the setlist pics from the summer 2008 tours.

Very hard unless we get a higher resolution. Sadly CSI is not reality ^^.

It looks a lot like the Berlin set for example I can see

What I've Done

?? Faint?

No More Sorrow

Wake 2.0

Given Up

Lying From You

Don't Stay

In Pieces

Somewhere I Belong

Leave Out All The Rest

Numb?

Shadow Of The Day

Valentine's Day

??? Crawling?

In The End

Bleed It Out

---------------------------

??? No Roads Left?

Breaking The Habit

note?

A Place For My Head

One Step Closer

but the first song of the 1st encore doesn't look like Pushing Me Away might be No Roads Left

I can probably complete the notes next to the songs based on the PR08 setlists. I can do that later, but this is my take on what this says:

What I've Done

Faint

No More Sorrow

Wake 2.0

Given Up

Lying From You

Don't Stay

In Pieces

Somewhere I Belong (there's 4 lines in this block but the 3rd line looks like a SIB note)

Leave Out All The Rest

Numb

Shadow Of The Day

Valentine's Day

Crawling

In The End

Bleed It Out

NO ROADS LEFT (all caps it looks like)

Breaking The Habit (the last letter on this line looks like a ")" but there's also a line below it, so it must be a really big note for BTH. there's no other song that could go below BTH in the encore. Not PMA and not CFTI. that last line looks like two words.)

A Place For My Head

One Step Closer

Surely there's a higher quality version of this. But it's pretty unmistakable that it's NRL as the first song in the first encore. It's three words and the first word has two letters. Pretty much seals the deal on NRL, regardless of whatever that last line in encore 1 is. BTH's PR08 note was (no intro; a capella outro) and that's too long to go on two lines. So it might be another song. But it doesn't look like We Made It. Thoughts?

I can probably complete the notes next to the songs based on the PR08 setlists. I can do that later, but this is my take on what this says:

What I've Done

Faint

No More Sorrow

Wake 2.0

Given Up

Lying From You

Don't Stay

In Pieces

Somewhere I Belong (there's 4 lines in this block but the 3rd line looks like a SIB note)

Leave Out All The Rest

Numb

Shadow Of The Day

Valentine's Day

Crawling

In The End

Bleed It Out

NO ROADS LEFT (all caps it looks like)

Breaking The Habit (the last letter on this line looks like a ")" but there's also a line below it, so it must be a really big note for BTH. there's no other song that could go below BTH in the encore. Not PMA and not CFTI. that last line looks like two words.)

A Place For My Head

One Step Closer

Surely there's a higher quality version of this. But it's pretty unmistakable that it's NRL as the first song in the first encore. It's three words and the first word has two letters. Pretty much seals the deal on NRL, regardless of whatever that last line in encore 1 is. BTH's PR08 note was (no intro; a capella outro) and that's too long to go on two lines. So it might be another song. But it doesn't look like We Made It. Thoughts?

Looks and sounds right to me. It's the same as this setlist from the same tour, except with No Roads Left instead of PMA Piano. By mid-2008, most fans were agreeing that PMA Piano was getting stale, and the band had seemingly begun phasing it out during the U.S. arena tour earlier in the year, by playing songs like My December and In Between far more often than PMA during the "piano encore." I always thought it seemed strange that they switched gears and made it a regular again during the summer tours, particularly when one of the other setlists had the STUDIO version of the same song in it! I have a feeling they intended to drop PMA Piano at that point and only play the studio version as one of the rotating songs, but swapped it back in as a last-minute substitute once they figured out Mike couldn't pull of No Roads Left during rehearsals.

Sean told me NRL was originally intended as an alternate for We Made it.

PMA piano became truly horrible. I saw it like 7 times, it got really boring after the 2nd time. I never wanted to see it again. They even played it at festivals, what a coma song.

Sean told me NRL was originally intended as an alternate for We Made it.

PMA piano became truly horrible. I saw it like 7 times, it got really boring after the 2nd time. I never wanted to see it again. They even played it at festivals, what a coma song.

I always liked the 06 version, they slow it down a lot! i just can't even think about it lol

Yeah that was fake. There were 3 fake ones people made. Not that one. This one was from the actual show.

LOL i remember that day!

LPL exploded, everyone loved those setlists, and btw they still awesome...

wish they were real.

• 2 months later...

Oh god, I remember back in '08 when everyone was freaking out about the fake setlists. As for the real set with NRL, that would have been epic to hear. It sucks that Mike couldn't perform it live. I think they should have tried a version where Mike can sing the verses and Chester could sing the chorus. Chester could handle the chorus, but I bet that is where Mike had issues. It would have worked. Anyways, cool info guys.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...