MusiCares Honoring Chester

RogueSoul

"The ninth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert will honor Chester at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on May 30. He will be honored with the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund, and for his commitment to helping other addicts with the addiction recovery process. MusicCares have set aside a VERY LIMITED number of tickets for the event exclusively for LPU members."

Source: linkinpark.com

Update:

Stone Temple Pilots and Chester performed five songs before Slash and Duff McKagan joined them for 'All The Young Dudes', a song written by David Bowie and recorded by Mott The Hoople.

SETLIST:

01. Wicked Garden

02. Big Bang Baby

03. Vasoline

04. Out Of Time

05. Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart

06. All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople cover) (w/ Slash and Duff McKagan)

Mike and Chester's speeches

Wicked Garden

Big Bang Baby

Vasoline

Out of Time

Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart

All The Young Dudes

Thanks to @Brandon_288 for the setlist information and to smasher69 for the videos.

Given past history with this event, I'd say there's a good chance Chester winds up performing at least one song.

I hope that a LPU member can snag a video if this happens. Chester's always sounds great at this events.

Besides that though, it's pretty cool that Chester is getting this award. :)

I want a break,I dn want him to go there & then come home after singing a song along with an award

Meh, I feel as tho going to a function put on by a Charity which is kinda run by the Grammys is good enough. They're honoring the guy, its a big deal. If he sings a song, then thats a bonus.

I think if Chester sings again he will probably do The Messenger, and we will probably get a video if he does like in 2011. What I really want to hear is the acoustic DBS/JK/LP set from late 2011 and the set he did last year when he played Helter Skelter, Friday I'm In Love, My Generation and more. But those weren't for MusicCare which sucks.

I think if Chester sings again he will probably do The Messenger, and we will probably get a video if he does like in 2011. What I really want to hear is the acoustic DBS/JK/LP set from late 2011 and the set he did last year when he played Helter Skelter, Friday I'm In Love, My Generation and more. But those weren't for MusicCare which sucks.

that's not gonna happen :angry:

Given past history with this event, I'd say there's a good chance Chester winds up performing at least one song.

also, why would the LPU be offering tickets to the event if Chester wasn't intending/booked to perform?

this is very likely.

I'm sure he will perform. I would love to see him perform a LIVING THINGS track acoustically like POWERLESS however I'm not sure how likely that is.

What work has he actually done directly with MusiCares? Has he ever dealt with addicts directly or is it more of a 'support though music' award?

Regardless, well done to him.

this is Camp Freddy show?

until Camp Freddy announces they'll be playing the event, no. Slash and Chester have played with Camp Freddy before, but tet are always listed as guests of the band, not the band itself

• 3 weeks later...

Details:

Mix Master Mike, members of Stone Temple Pilots: Robert & Dean DeLeo and Eric Kretz, Slash, Duff McKagan, Tony Alva's Chicken Noodle Project, Ida Maria, plus presenters: Anthony Kiedes, Mike Shinoda, Andy Dick & more

Buy Tickets

Day: Thu, May 30, 2013

Showtime: 8:00 PM

Doors open: 7:00 PM

Days until show: 25

Ages: All Ages

Ticket Prices*: $40.00

Hosted by: MADtv's Bobby Lee

Special performance by Chester Bennington & surprise guests

Special appearance by Andy Dick

Presenters: Anthony Kiedis & Mike Shinoda

http://www.clubnokia.com/eventdetail.php?event_id=240914