MusiCares Honoring Chester

RogueSoul

So Mike once again mentions meeting Chester during 1997 during his speech last night.

Also one of my favorite quotes from Mike, "And just for the record, getting sober is probably the single most powerful thing he has ever done for the longevity of Linkin Park, and I am intensely grateful for that."

As for more videos from the show, this one Youtuber is just missing Big Bang Baby

Wicked Garden

Vasoline

Out of Time

Trippin On a Hole in a Paper Heart

All The Young Dudes (David Bowie cover) with Slash and Duff

Sorry I put that it was a Bowie cover in the OP but my post.

So Mike once again mentions meeting Chester during 1997 during his speech last night.

last time it was 1998 (in LP.com), next time - 1996.

maybe Mark Wakefield is Chester's alter ego, this will solve everything.

I was just listened to the ''RadioAlice'' interview from DBS in 2009 last night, and Chester gives like a 10 minute story with clear details about how LP formed, more so than any interview I have ever heard. It's awesome.

Here it is ... http://www.mediafire.com/?yoeajtdj37aknc6

I think Mike just doesn't know wtf he is talking about anymore when it comes to the old LP. Thanks for sharing these videos, the David Bowie cover is cool.

Review of the show from a STP fan http://grungereport.net/?p=25776

Cool review from a very nice STP fan.

I was just listened to the ''RadioAlice'' interview from DBS in 2009 last night, and Chester gives like a 10 minute story with clear details about how LP formed, more so than any interview I have ever heard. It's awesome.

I think Mike just doesn't know wtf he is talking about anymore when it comes to the old LP. Thanks for sharing these videos, the David Bowie cover is cool.

Cool. Something to listen to before the Brad chat. I've never heard this one before.

Edit: Ah yeah great interview. Got to the part with Chester talking about joining Linkin Park. Yeah Mike really has no idea WTF he's talking about. Chester just sounds so sure about this.

Thanks about it Geki, i listened to the story part too, this is the full story (exept the year lol).

As for more videos from the show, this one Youtuber is just missing Big Bang Baby

he uploaded it:

Edited by Skipees

All the Young Dudes is a Mott the Hoople song, not David Bowie. Bowie wrote it, but never recorded it, nor did he ever intend to. He was strictly employed as a songwriter for that one.

The last song is fantastic. Really impressed.

I hope STP/Chester have a lot of success and do really well. So much hate everywhere, lol. STP was headlining just clubs and only a few international arenas on their last few tours, so this new lineup w/ Chester doesn't have a lot they have to prove here. Just sell a successful album and play amphitheatres/arenas and it's definitely considered a success, especially with how many people think Chester sounds great on this material.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

already tried.. you can send him a message only if you're in his contacts.

I tried through a message under the video and this is the reply:

"I didn't tape the dialog between songs, no. This is available in 1080. If you download it then it will be in 1080. I know I use Mozilla Firefox and there is an add-on to download YouTube videos. I grabbed that and now can download videos I want. I hope this helped. Thanks for the kind words."

If someone else wants to try get the original vids. would be good, seems a nice guy, he didn't understand why I asked for the original files, tough.

"smasher69 6 hours ago

Sorry, I don't have the files. But you're more than welcome to use the footage I have. Please give me props when you do, thanks."

I guess youtube rip it's the best we can get =/

I guess it's because he's taping too much, and don't has enough please to keep them all.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...