phoenix basses and other gear

Ive noticed that there are alot of photos and info on all of mike and brads guitars but nun on Phoenix`s basses ive seen pix of sum of his guitars but he has alot more and im just intrested to knw how many he has or are there any pix hmu anybody thnx

I remember reading a massive read up on Phoenix's gear a while back. Ill see if I can hunt that down for you. I also have some pictures of his pedal board etc at home (Im currently in Perth right now).

Check out these topics, majority of our gear talk happens here. You can find them here and here.

Without knowing exactly how many basses he has and such, I can at least give you a rundown on the different types of gear he uses:

Basses:

-Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray basses (both 4 and 5-string modesl, with both rosewood and maple necks, in a wide variety of colors)

-Fender Precision basses (he has 2 or 3 of these, they're all reissues of early '60s models)

-Fender Jazz Bass 5-string (used in the studio for Meteora)

Sample-related stuff:

-Starr Labs Z-Tar (custom-built model for Phoenix, used on Blackout)

-Akai MPC500 (used on early performances of Blackout)

-M-Audio Trigger Finger (used on Lost in the Echo, Lies Greed Misery, and Victimized)

Amps:

-Ampeg SVT Classic heads

-Ampeg SVT-810E 8x10 cabinets

Effects/Rack-mounted gear:

-Dirty Boy Bass Bully overdrive

-Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus reverb

-Z-Vex Mastotron distortion

-Boss LS-2 Line Selector

-Tech 21 PSA1 SansAmp preamp

He also uses Dean Markley Blue Steel strings and .88 gauge Dunlop picks. At one point he was using a Shure wireless, but I think he uses Audio-Technica like the rest of the guys do now.

I don't know if it'll help but here is a picture I took of Phoenix' pedals during the LPU Summit in Hamburg 2011.

Posted Image

How he used that midi guitar?

He used it to trigger the clear bass synth notes during most of the song and the distorted bass synth notes throughout the glitchy breakdown.