26.02.2013 - Sydney, Australia - Sidewave

hahninator

On the 26th, Linkin Park plays their fourth show of the New Zealand/Australia Tour for LIVING THINGS at Sydney's Entertainment Centre (in Darling Harbour). This is the first time in the band's history that they have played the same city twice in one tour with one show being a festival (Soundwave in this case) and one show being a headlining performance. The last shows in Sydney before this tour came in 2010 (show pages here and here, show threads here and here). This show is technically referred to as a "Sidewave" show since Soundwave lists all non-Soundwave shows that that a band plays in Australia between (or just before/after) Soundwave shows as Sidewaves.

So far on this tour, Linkin Park has played their Headline Set A in Auckland, the Festival Set A in Brisbane and the Festival Set B in Sydney (at Soundwave). At the Auckland Summit, LPL member troub1eboy was able to get a picture of the Headline Set B for this tour. It is possible (and likely) that Sydney will get that setlist on the 26th.

Since the band isn't changing the setlists for this tour (meaning playing other songs than they played last year), the only remaining question for this tour is if there is a Set C. Will we see a Set C at another Soundwave show or at the Melbourne headline show? Counting this show, there are five shows left on the tour for the band to play.

Fan favorite (and LPL staff favorite) 'A Place For My Head' opened the Sydney Soundwave show on the 24th to an explosive crowd. The band also stopped 'Points Of Authority' mid-song to help out an fan in the pit. A video of that can be found in the show thread. At the headline show, Stone Sour will open again as they did in Auckland. After this show, the band goes to Melbourne for a headlining show on the 27th and then a Soundwave show there on March 1st. For the full 2013 tour schedule including past dates on this tour with setlists, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

09. Points Of Authority

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2 rap; Ext. Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. CASTLE OF GLASS

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out

- Setlist picture here courtesy of shadowfax1007. Typo on the setlist with 'New Divide' appearing twice, instead of 'Faint' (which was played) second.

- Pooch confirms no DSPs on the tour to shadowfax1007.

This Headline Shows are part of the Soundave Organization. If you check the Site: here, you can see other Sidewave Shows, Linkin Park included.

I was debating whether to add these to the 2013 page as Sidewave shows, since technically Soundwave calls all side shows Sidewaves (that bands from Soundwave play). I think we should.

TINFOIL

01. Faint

02. Papercut

03. Given Up

04. With You (Scratch Intro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)

06. New Divide

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ Qwerty)

08. Points of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting for the End (UNTIL IT BREAKS Intro, Extended Outro)

11. Breaking the Habit

12. CASTLE OF GLASS

13. Leave Out All the Rest / Shadow of the Day / Iridescent

14. The Catalyst

15. LOST IN THE ECHO

16. Numb

17. What I've Done

18. One Step Closer

-------

19. BURN IT DOWN

20. In the End

21. Bleed It Out

Edited by MrXEROLP

W. T. F?!?!

Has he said why? Even on their own headline shows?! Well that's a massive, massive let down if that's the case.

Couldn't talk to him too long unfortunately. All I found out was no DSP'S. Whether they were recorded and not released or not recorded at all, I don't know. My guess is its the same issue we had around 2007; Warner and/or other companies involved in the tour feeling that the sale of DSP's affects actual album sales and company profits. If someone sees Pooch in Melbourne, maybe ask more?

My guess is its the same issue we had around 2007; Warner and/or other companies involved in the tour feeling that the sale of DSP's affects actual album sales and company profits. If someone sees Pooch in Melbourne, maybe ask more?

this is reasonable, but since they perform only a few shows this year, they need to released it in the future.

Weird.

http://lplive.net/images/showphotos/20130226/setlist.jpg

Wesley pointed out something interesting. Why would they have to change this setlist at all? Why not just print more for the show like they usually do? Is it possible they were going to open with New Divide and swap it with Faint, but changed it back at the last minute? Something to think about, but there's only one more headline show on this tour so they probably won't play the full A again for us to find out.

Weird.

http://lplive.net/images/showphotos/20130226/setlist.jpg

Wesley pointed out something interesting. Why would they have to change this setlist at all? Why not just print more for the show like they usually do? Is it possible they were going to open with New Divide and swap it with Faint, but changed it back at the last minute? Something to think about, but there's only one more headline show on this tour so they probably won't play the full A again for us to find out.

Could have been a messed up copy/paste job too, or accidentally dragging it up in word doc. Who knows.. Interesting quirk in the set regardless.

Sydney sideshow is actually my fav show of the tour so far. The boys ripped this to shreds.

Couple of notes though...

Brad missed his cue to come in during the points of authority intro.

Joes turntables mustn't of been working for the outro of POA at one point, he had his tec on stage looking at them.

Mike thanked everyone again for being down with the band for so long. He also mentioned how Warner Australia gave the guys awards in the form of Longboards haha.

EDIT: One thing I completely forgot, Im not to sure if hes done it at other shows but Mike actually came out on stage for the entire Tinfoil song alone playing the guitar line in the intro. Is this the first time he has come out like this and not waited till Faint started. I know he didnt do it at the Brisbane Soundwave.

Edited by Pez

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because I thought it was worth a mention. Mike discussed before Castle of Glass that the band were given plaques before show from Warner Music Australia in the form of Long Board Skateboards. A video has appeared of the boards actually being made. Its pretty cool so check it out :)

http://vimeo.com/60416568

Heads up! I finished combining all of the videos into one unit yesterday afternoon and am currently uploading the finished product to YouTube as we speak. I wanted to get it onto YouTube first before torrenting it since, as soon as it hits torrents, it will be on YouTube and likely without any credit to myself - so just heading off the thieves before it happens :)

Watched the whole show yesterday and it was actually a much better recording than I thought. Sound is pretty clear but would obviously be improved if a DSP finally gets released.

In terms of cuts, I didn't spot any cuts to songs... just gaps in between and maybe a bit of talking. Though I did manage to capture the segment that Pez just posted above me.

The whole wmv file was about 3.5GB, so it is taking some sweet time to upload. It should be done within the next 5 hours though. I have the video as 'unlisted' so you won't be able to search for it just yet. I wanted to keep it this way for a few days so that I could offer you guys the opportunity to see it first before it's open to public.