11.12.2010 - Sydney, Australia (Night 1)

hahninator

Sydney, Linkin Park is playing for you tonight! The band will play their first show at the Acer Arena of the tour....with a second show coming on the 15th with the LPU Summit! An interesting note is that this is the first headlining Linkin Park show where the band has played a venue in the middle of the tour and then comes back LATER after several other shows to play it again. This is their first time playing two venues on the same tour where it's not a back-to-back run of shows! Sweet!

LP has played Sydney a total of four times before today, so this is their fifth appearance there at their fourth different venue. In 2001, they played the Enmore Theatre (show page here) where the fans actually broke the floor of the venue on 'In The End'! The band mentioned this in many interviews over the years and even at the 2007 shows in Sydney. In 2003 (no show page) they played at Moore Park for the Livid Festival for a short run of several shows down under. They returned in full force in 2007, playing back-to-back shows at the Sydney Entertainment Centre for the third-to-last and second-to-last shows of that tour (show pages here and here).

We've had four shows so far on this tour.... the first 3 had the exact same setlist but the last show in Adelaide (show page here) featured a "new" setlist for the band. They didn't debut anything different but mainly just changed the order of songs with a collaboration of the main setlist they've been playing and that new London night 2 setlist. It was the first time that 'Crawling' appeared in the encore since September 2004!

'Burning In The Skies' was rumored to be on the setlist for the last show (no official confirmation on that yet), so do you think we'll see it tonight? Do you think the band will play it during this tour? At the last show's M&G, it was said that Brad is the one that is holding the band up in playing it....hmmm! What setlist do you think we'll see tonight?

Who's going tonight? Does anyone have a M&G? Anyone thinking about playing 'Faint' on guitar? Everyone cool with the fact the band is bringing up fans to play 'Faint' now like they did back on the Meteora World Tour in 2004? Badass, right? Read Lewis's experience of playing 'Faint' at the LAST show during the tour HERE. The DSP's for this tour should start arriving very shortly as well.

Here's a video of 'Faint' from Adelaide with good ole Lewis rocking out up there!

Our newest contributor on the site, "Narc85", has been updating Twitter with the setlist of each show so far! See that here. Follow along!

Sydney night 1! Let's go!

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out ('Burning In The Skies' over bridge)

Edited by SpikeMinoda
replaced video -sotrix

I'm going tonight as well, I got picked for the meet and greet! Stoked... should ask if I can play the drums, not a very good guitarist. xD

I'm gonna give mike an album of my original music, hopefully he will listen to it and maybe feature it on his blog. Imagine how many people Mike can suggest to me if that happens! Fingers crossed.

Time to get in the car and drive to canberra where a plane is waiting to take me to sydney. :D

o man I cant wait! its my first time seeing lp live,sooooooo excited! There is a sweet after party on in the city too Details here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170354352995143 thrash nightclub is holding a linkin park after party after the dec 11 show in sydney. would be a great place for lp fans and lp live members to meet up after the show. also plain white t's are playing at the club too should b great WILL POST UPDATES HERE WHEN WAITING IN LINE FOR THE SHOW :D SHOULD B A GREAT NIGHT!

Our newest contributor on the site, "Narc85", has been updating Twitter with the setlist of each show so far! See that here. Follow along!

Sydney night 1! Let's go!

cheers for the shout-out dude, happy to help. will be updating tonight as well guys - much easier from the stands rather than front of the pit! hoping for something new - i've got a feeling we'll get setlist A... but you never know - maybe a repeat of... is it setlist D we're up to now?

either way - should be a good show - am i right in saying this one is sold out?

I'm going tonight as well, I got picked for the meet and greet! Stoked... should ask if I can play the drums, not a very good guitarist. xD

In Adelaide someone asked if they could play drums and Mike said that Rob is working with Jo with all the samples... As in, Hahn governs tempo because of the samples so they probably wont ever let anyone do drums... But anyone who can play bass... That's what you should go for becuase they were keen as to get someone to do the bass!

On a side note, I can't wait to see what setlist they'll play.. I'm thinkin 'D', But you never know, I'll be awaiting Narc's updates. You're a legend Narc85.