Second DBS Album Possibly Confirmed

RogueSoul

Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh from Julien-K, also from Chester Bennington’s side project Dead By Sunrise were recently interviewed by LaberPlanet, a German site. During the 15 minute interview, the interviewer asked both Ryan and Amir if they had anything for fans to expect, either from Julien-K or Dead by Sunrise, and Ryan answered that they have talked to Chester about Dead by Sunrise and in order for a new album to come out the timing has to line up, meaning they all have to be in between one of Linkin Park’s and Julien-K’s records to come together and make a Dead by Sunrise record, later Ryan said that the new Dead by Sunrise record will be more raw and emotional as it was intended with the first, less produced, more on their own, he said it will be better than the first and people will see a new side of Chester that’s going to be incredible. Watch the interview below, they starts talking about the new Dead by Sunrise record at

. Thanks to Trixi for the tip!

Source: MikeShinodaClan

Edited by Soul

I dont want another DBS or FM album they are just average acts we need mike and chaz always together

i think that the other guys from JK just want to make more money

i disagree with pretty much all of what you've just said, you're entitled to your opinion on considering DBS and FM average, i for one, don't particularly enjoy FM but...

1. mike and chester bring such different things to LP that they need ways to express themselves as themselves not as the 6 layers of democratic compromise that LP operates on.

2. J-K do it because Chester asked them to, they're clearly good friends and I don't see why everyone takes people's enjoyment in making music and reduces it down to money. i like the added electro tinge to DBS and i don't think that's Chester's thing, it's a 2 way partnership.

I am so fucking PUMPED by this statement. I enjoyed the DBS album more than I did ATS or LT, so this should be amazing. More raw and emotional??? Hell yes. OOA was overproduced a bit but it was a good album. I can't wait for it.

A.K.A. Ryan Shuck wants to do another DBS album but they probably haven't even met with Chester to talk about it at this point. :lol:

No I remember Chester said that once the LP tour cycle calms down that they will work on it.

I am so fucking PUMPED by this statement. I enjoyed the DBS album more than I did ATS or LT, so this should be amazing. More raw and emotional??? Hell yes. OOA was overproduced a bit but it was a good album. I can't wait for it.

"Overproduced a bit" is an enormous understatement, and Ryan understated it in the interview, too. That album's production was some of the worst shit I'd ever heard.

I could honestly care less about another DBS album. I know people here are sick of hearing about DBS v. FM comparisons (especially because they're not even in the same genre), but I greatly enjoy Mike's non-LP work, much more than I enjoy anything Chester has done outside of LP.

"Overproduced a bit" is an enormous understatement, and Ryan understated it in the interview, too. That album's production was some of the worst shit I'd ever heard.

I could honestly care less about another DBS album. I know people here are sick of hearing about DBS v. FM comparisons (especially because they're not even in the same genre), but I greatly enjoy Mike's non-LP work, much more than I enjoy anything Chester has done outside of LP.

Well that's awesome for you man. The great thing about the world is that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I happen to love DBS and everything Chester does outside of LP.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy Chester's Camp Freddy stuff more than anything else but I love Fort Minor a lot more than Dead By Sunrise.

And yes, overproduced a "bit" is a REALLY BIG understatement. That CD is very very overproduced lol.

I am thinking that the DBS album we had in 2005/2006 was drastically different than the one we got in 2009. The band has made statements saying that they want to go back to the original, raw, sound which was intended for the first album. It's no secret OOA was overproduced to all hell, and Chester even asked the fans on Twitter a few years back if they thought that he made a bad album. He was obviously having doubts about it. If you listen to the 2005 version of Let Down, and the 2008 version of My Suffering, they sound way different and definitely more punk/rock. I think a lot of people would have enjoyed that without all the overproduced noise and all the Julien-K influences. 20 Eyes was originally going to be on the album as well, I think people would have enjoyed that. Chester has also spoken about how different Fire was before arriving at the final version. He said the lyrics were way more personal and he had to change them. I think people would have liked the really personal stuff, that would have been cool. Also, the demo lyrics I discovered for Too Late were really different, way more dark. Ryan also confirmed to be on Facebook that these were demo lyrics to End of the World: ''Do you believe in life after death, Without any pain or disease, Do you believe that faith is a test, The greatest truth can't be seen, Do you believe those who suffer are blessed, They know the true meaning of life''. Stuff like that would have been amazing... Also, Chester went and recorded 3 ''heavy rock'' songs for the album in 2008/2009 because Howard felt the album needed them. Those were Condemned, Inside Of Me and the final version of Fire. Chester was also toying with the idea of the album being 10 songs (via his twitter) but then they ended up at 12 because of the addition of Howard's tracks. I just feel like OOA wasn't as honest as I thought it was going to be.... Not to mention it had ZERO promotion and basically no proper tour. But, I want another DBS album. As long as it isn't like OOA and they don't do it with Howard. Fuck, why not do it in Ryan's home studio, and re-record the original album for us there as well?? That's how DBS could gain back LP fan support and an overall fanbase.

Whats funny is that the acoustic version of Let down they played at Club tattoo was way more like the original 2005 version than the album version was. The guys must have knew the original still had its perks otherwise they wouldn't have gone back to it.

Also i still find it funny that the Morning After studio version is too similar to the original Julien-K remix. Its like there was never original version to begin with so they just made the remix more "rocky" and put the synths lower in the mix :lol:

I really don't think there was ever an "original" version of Morning After. They probably just took the vs. Julien-K version and un-electronica'd it to arrive with something that could sound like it was the original version.

I think if this album was made the way Chester intended it, I wouldn't've completely lost interest in anything DBS was doing about a month after the album came out.

I do like the final album version of Fire, though.