Castle Of Glass CD Single Impact Date: 12 November

michalangelo

Hey guys,

Just dropping in to give you a warning about the company EMP that were supposedly distributing the 5" vinyl version of CASTLE OF GLASS.

After ordering 5 of these back in December (had to order 5 before they would ship to Australia), the release date constantly changed, to which I received numerous emails from EMP advising of the change.

The other day I received an email saying 5 'MAXI CDs' of COG had been shipped. Noticing the 'CD' part of that not actually saying 5" vinyl, I queried with them. They responded that it was no longer being released on vinyl so they sent me the CDs instead - without even asking me! I responded that I was furious they had done this, to which they simply said 'refuse the delivery when it arrives and once it makes its way back to us, we'll refund you the money'.

I told them that this wasn't good enough, that they had made a significant change to the order without my consent and that I was just expected to cop the charge until they get the items back in weeks.

And guess what? No reply.

I've tried disputing the charge with PayPal (who are just as useless), but because the original order was over 45 days ago, I'm straight out of luck.

wow didn't know they are pressing 5" vinyls nowadays :P IF it was me I would know from the beginning something is wrong here (5" LP single? not happening). Other thing is the change they made I mean what the hell? Buy black DC shoes and get pink instead cause they are out of stock haha FAIL

I've tried disputing the charge with PayPal (who are just as useless), but because the original order was over 45 days ago, I'm straight out of luck.

Paypal is only willing to do something if you can't work out a solution with the shop you ordered from. As you already have a solution for geting your money back what should they do? I get the point you're furious but don't shit on 3rd partys who are just working as intended (if this is a good part about paypal is another thing, but thats the thing you accepted when signing up)

On another note: I only want the single to be released on spotify so I can listen to the remix... seems like that won't happen :(

Paypal is only willing to do something if you can't work out a solution with the shop you ordered from. As you already have a solution for geting your money back what should they do?

I wouldn't classify that as a solution. And as I mentioned, the shop stopped responding to emails - so what else was I to do? And though I had good reason for making that comment based on this transaction alone, my issue with PayPal extends beyond this particular case. I only have myself to blame though, since I continue to use their 'services' :D

5'' vinyl? 5'' vinyl isn't a thing that's pressed, what did you expect? That's literally vinyl at CD size.

I keep seeing this topic float back to the top of this section and I'm always like "what in the fuck could they possibly be talking about?"

He joined like two years ago XD He never posted through.

Welcome.

The cover is really cool, scan would be appreciated :)

Well then, congratulations Damian for losing your post virginity.

And I shall keep you updated

5'' vinyl? 5'' vinyl isn't a thing that's pressed, what did you expect? That's literally vinyl at CD size.

I keep seeing this topic float back to the top of this section and I'm always like "what in the fuck could they possibly be talking about?"

This haha. 5" is ridiculous. You either get vinyl in 7" (or 45rpm) or 13" (33 1/3 rpm).

Obviously it wouldn't have been a vinyl at 5", but why list it in vinyl format and go as far as mentioning A size if they were talking about a CD all along - that would have been the first time ever that I'd seen a CD size mentioned on a CD listing. It was very obviously an early database entry (since it was months ago that it hit the site), lending the possibility that the '5' was simply a typo/miscommunication. But we're talking about an entire format change than what was listed on the site. This is also ignoring the fact that they sent a changed format (than what was on the order) without any form of notification. You can make any excuse for them that you wish, that's bad business practice pure and simple.

Oh and Somedude, it's their current single and the CD was just released, so why wouldn't it be a current topic?

Edited by Narc85

Oh and Somedude, it's their current single and the CD was just released, so why wouldn't it be a current topic?

he didn't said something like that, he just said that HE don't understand what are you guys talking about.

he didn't said something like that, he just said that HE don't understand what are you guys talking about.

Sorry? A case of lost in translation by the looks of it. From what he said, I assume he's wondering why a seemingly old topic keeps bumping up the forum. I'm simply saying that it should still be relevant since the single only actually came out within the last 2 weeks, despite the original release date listed in the subject of this thread :)

Edited by Narc85

• 2 months later...

Thanks to our friend Dan who is from Denmark we now know that the Denmark cd-r which Warner Music Denmark released to radio stations is indeed a legit release. The cover used is made by my friend who shared it at deviantart. He has the Creative Commons option disabled so any use without his permission is copyright infringement.

This is the cover used:

Posted Image

Edited by michalangelo

So warner simply took a cover made by a random person? I don't get it.

Warner=another moron working on the graphics? (a.k.a. LT, LT+, LT TE cover fuckups) And yes, seems that they just got it from the internet without checking if it's the official one :)

Thanks to our friend Dan who is from Denmark we now know that the Denmark cd-r which Warner Music Denmark released to radio stations is indeed a legit release. The cover used is made by my friend who shared it at deviantart. He has the Creative Commons option disabled so any use without his permission is copyright infringement.

This is the cover used:

Posted Image

LOL xD, So I was right after all :P

Seems not only did the Danish make the mistake so did the PR people at Belgium :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the first time something like this has happened. The LPU 9 cover art was simply a stock photo that they purchased and slapped their logo on: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-141...nes-remix-2.php

That is a HUGE difference. They paid for this stockphoto to use it legally. The COG artwork was simply stolen.

Why is everyone so shocked about the use of a stockphoto? Everyone sees several stock photos every day.

Even LP has most of their artwork done nowadays by ghost town media and LP just sits there and says we like it or we dont.

Just like Joe just picks a treatment to use of a music video.

Btw here is the version of the cover with the istockphoto tag still inside

Posted Image

Seems not only did the Danish make the mistake so did the PR people at Belgium :P

That seems like a big concidence, maybe the cover was added to a database and they got it from there?

• 3 weeks later...