19.08.12 - Alpharetta, GA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

lgr

Lucky, lucky New Jersey... LPU Summit action and a brilliant setlist.

to Georgia! The PR07 show in this region was the hottest date on the tour, with temperature reaching an almighty 107˚F (roughly 42°C), let’s see if LP can continue to run up the heat on HCT-goers...

Linkin Park has made a grand total of 11 stops in Georgia, but this will be their first time in Alpharetta, having always played in Atlanta, roughly 27 miles away. Georgia, Nevada and Portland are in fact the only states where the band has consistently played in the same city each time they visit (Atlanta, Las Vegas and Portland) so tonight is something of a tradition breaker!

Having made their GA debut on 99x’s “Big Day Out” show in Atlanta’s Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre, the band has made their mark in numerous venues around the city, most recently playing the Philips Arena on the US Leg of the A Thousand Suns Tour, the Philips Arena has quite a funny history with the band: on LP’s first time playing there (30.10.01), Chester and Brad wore animal masks during the show! And roughly 3 years later, on the last ‘big’ night of the band’s Meteora World Tour (06.03.04) – as documented by the LPTV episode “Meteora World Tour” - numerous members of other bands jumped onstage during One Step Closer, armed with inflatables, some wearing bondage and even bringing a dog with them!

Tonight, the band will be playing Alpharetta’s Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. Opened in 2008, this 12,000 capacity outdoor venue has played host to Green Day, Judas Priest, and Incubus themselves headlined here in 2011!

The LPU Summit attendees in Camden, were fortunate enough to not only see an intimate Acoustic set of The Messenger and In My Remains, but also to have a preview of the band’s yet-to-be-debuted set that night, amongst those who’ve been keeping-up, set B had become something of a myth – a quiet murmur of hope that some of the pure energy of European Festival sets would become first-hand experiences for eager US fans.

Camden were not disappointed – Mansfield and Wantagh (Set A)’s openers Tinfoil and Faint were moved right down as Encore openers, to make way for set B’s almighty A Place for My Head, which made its European return at Rock In Rio (26.05.12). This the first time APFMH has been played in the US since a brief appearance amongst the sets on the band's North. American Arena tour in '08, with the last 'American' performance of APFMH being Edgefest in Montreal that year (12.07.08). Set B kept the momentum going with the new Victimized/QWERTY mash-up. Uncasville and Bristow’s – set C’s - Victimized/QWERTY mash-ups included parts of another mash-up - Lying From You/Papercut - and while set A dropped the mash-up to include full performances of Papercut only (Mansfield), then full versions of both Lying From You and Papercut (Wantagh), Set B included both mash-ups in two separate points in the set - with the Lying From You/Papercut mash-up dropping in right behind Faint in the Encore. This is only the 2nd time any part of Lying From You has been included in an Encore, having first debuted in a similar location on the set as part of the Jay-Z collaboration “Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You”, in Holmdel, NJ (30.07.04). Funny that out of only two times being played there, NJ sees it both times! Mad coincidences aside, the band did cut a few of the little “treat” elements of the set in Camden – Brad did not play the guitar part to Pushing Me Away under In The End’s verse, and Mike didn’t use the lyrics from Numb/Encore over the outro to Numb, and speaking of Numb – Joe didn’t mess with the song! Apparently Mike turned to him and pointed before the song started, and the intro went off without a hitch...

What perhaps is most interesting however, is the amount of changes made to the set between the time that pictures leaked onto various fan-site twitters via the Summit, and to the set actually played that night; the leaked set gave no indication that Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me would be played between Somewhere I Belong and Lies Greed Misery, Crawling – once again – was pulled right off the setlist to be replaced by Numb, while In The End was added between the listed What I’ve Done and Bleed It Out. Crawling is the most significant loss, and is looking less and less hopeful of being in future sets, judging by the fact that it’s now been missing off setlists or indeed pulled last-minute for most of the tour...

Set B is likely to be played in Alpharetta again, but as we know from Mansfield/Wantagh, no set is exactly the same: for HCT, all bets are off!

There is only video I could pick to demonstrate Camden’s Set B...

There are videos that show the full song, but for sound quality this is the best. apologies for the annoying hat too. I wonder if it's the "scumbag" hat from Mark's LPL avatar...

Now that we’ve seen sets A, B and C, the rumours of a collaboration between LP and Incubus have faded fast, and it looks unlikely we’ll see a PR04/08-style appearance from Brandon Boyd or Chester. Sad, but I’m sure most are too busy enjoying the setlists this year to notice!

Tonight, Mark (Hahninator) will be the only LPL Staff Member present at the show, as Jonas (AndOne) is heading back to Europe. So if you’re going to the show you know have even more of a reason to go and say hi to Mark! He’ll be volunteering on the MFR booth tonight, so go and have a chat with him, and be sure to donate too.

This is Mark’s last night following the Honda Civic Tour, so this’ll be your last night to catch his live setlist updates happening over on his twitter at twitter.com/hahninator. Want to stay right up to date with the show, as it happens? This is your man.

For the info on the Honda Civic Tour, and all of LP’s other upcoming (and previous) tour dates this year. Go check out the 2012 year page.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

05. Empty Spaces

06. When They Come For Me

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) (Mashup)

08. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

16. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike/Chester)

17. What I've Done (Ext. Keyboard Intro)

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. In The End (w/ 'Pushing Me Away' guitar)

20. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' w/ Joe Samples)

----------------------------------------------------

21. TINFOIL

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

23. Lying From You / Papercut (Medley)

24. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

thanks to Soul for keeping on top of the updates

Is it just me, or are the showpage links not working properly?

yeah sorry a bunch of them f---ed up since I wrote this in word and the board messed with the tags, should be all fixed now.

I also fixed my facts on the last time APFMH was played in the US

edgefest '08, not Mountain View '04 - was quite a long way off with that one :P

yeah sorry a bunch of them f---ed up since I wrote this in word and the board messed with the tags, should be all fixed now.

I also fixed my facts on the last time APFMH was played in the US

edgefest '08, not Mountain View '04 - was quite a long way off with that one :P

Ahh, great. Well, Edgefest was in Canada right? So I guess it would be Sacramento, CA on 10.03.2008 - unless you mean North America and not US. Minor details, boring sunday you know :)

Crossing my fingers they stick with their setlist pattern and we get set B tonight! Does anyone know if the M&G passes have already been emailed, I'm assuming once again I wasn't picked, bummer.Are the band times going to be 6:30, 7:20, 9:20?

SETLIST PIC: https://p.twimg.com/A0s1_qYCIAAi8X8.jpg

SETLIST:

• A Place For My Head (Long Intro)
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • New Divide
  • Somewhere I Belong (Fakeout Intro; 2012 Intro)
  • Empty Spaces (w/ Megaphone)
  • When They Come For Me
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • With You (2012 Intro)
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall of Noise Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
  • Numb (Numb/Encore Tease Outro w/ Chester)
  • What I've Done (Ext. Piano Intro)
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End (w/ Pushing Me Away Guitar)
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage' w/ Joe Samples)

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Lying From You / Papercut
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge.

- 'With You' and 'When They Come For Me' switched places in the setlist.

- On the outro of 'Numb', Mike and Chester sang the lyrics to 'Numb/Encore'. First time Chester sang the part.

Other Notes:

- 'Crawling' was dropped from the setlist for the sixth show in a row. It was replaced with 'When They Come For Me'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LGraham's not here... I guess I'll take over.

I mean A PLACE FOR MY HEAD!!!!

What an epic apfmh, had the "never get the best of me" and MF in it. Gu now

New divide

Sib intro started and stopped so a fake out, now sib intro . Pretty Loud crowd

Empty spaces with megaphone

WTCFM epic love this shit so nasty

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. Empty Spaces

Edited by Soul

Victimized qwerty and Chester finally told us qwerty lyrics to bridge @ m&g, got a video

With you. Mix is so good. WY way better in this new spot in set B, this set is so epic

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. Empty Spaces

07. Victimized (w/ QWERTY)

08. With You

Why they always drop Crawing?

Ikr! Maybe its finally run its course.

Lies Greed Misery

POA is sooooooo good this tour. Apfmh and POA need to stay through the touring cycle. Album Version rules

WFTE ! Wow band is on FIRE tonight

BTH

Chester at the end leaned his head back and launched the mic side to side, never seen that before on "tonight"

Piano slow keyboard medley songy thingy that has 3 slow song things in it

Catalyst crowd really jamming, band rocking at 105%, almost as much as Camden

Lost in the echo

Band gets more into this song every show I mean pure jamming

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. Empty Spaces

08. With You

09. Lies Greed Misery

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

14. The Catalyst

15. Lost In The Echo

Edited by Soul

You guys do know the lyrics to the Qwerty bridge have been on lp.com for over a year, right? It's...

''You're faking, You're mistaken if you think that you can climb out of this hole, Forsaken, What we take when, All our lives have all the power and control, Broken down, A victim of your lies''

You guys do know the lyrics to the Qwerty bridge have been on lp.com for over a year, right? It's...

''You're faking, You're mistaken if you think that you can climb out of this hole, Forsaken, What we take when, All our lives have all the power and control, Broken down, A victim of your lies''

Yeah. Not sure what he meant by that. Maybe the inspiration for the mashup...?

Numb MIKE LOOKING AT AND POINTING AT JOE PRE SONG AGAIN LMFAO EPIC

If you ever try to play the numb intro "air Hahn" style at home, mike just did that after pointing at joe lmao

Numb encore outro lyrics by mike then CHESTER SINGING "what the hell are waiting for" 2x holy epic shit goosebumps

Wow that was really awesome. WID extended keyboard intro with mike and Chester talking

Burn it down

In the end "ladies and gentlemen if you don't mind I want to hear you singing chesters parts"

PMA gtr

Bleed it out. Ext intro. Asked for RME over it at m&g, mike was like ehhhh don't think so lol

Sabotage is great, no mike on vocals on it but joe had scratching

Hearing all sorts of joe shit I've never heard on sabotage before wtf are all these samples lol

Encore break, LP really playing a great one this evening, be sad you're not here because this is A+

EPIC ENCORE TIME BEST IN THE BUSINESS

Tin fucking foil this place is about to explode. This encore is INSANE DAMN

FAINT BABY

CROWD EXPLODING

PLACE GOING INSANE ON LFY GOOD GOD

Why the fuck do people react 1099999x more to LFY this year????

Multiple pits raping this place

Mark Terrell

Epic goosebumps on papercut band putting MEGA energy into this thing my god what an encore

OSC DESTROYING place

HOW is the band so much better live than 2011, this is so awesome damn

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. New Divide

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. Empty Spaces

08. With You

09. Lies Greed Misery

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

14. The Catalyst

15. Lost In The Echo

16. Numb (w/ Numb/Encore lyrics w/ Chester

17. What I've Done (Ext. Piano Intro)

18. Burn It Down

19. In The End (w/ Pushing Me Away Guitar)

20. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' w/ Joe Samples)

21. Tinfoil

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

23. Lying From You / Papercut

24. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Alpharetta, GA. instagr.am/p/OiLB8Ti4bp/

Edited by LGraham

Not to be a dick, but Portland isn't a state. It's in Oregon.

nor is Atlanta or Las Vegas, I mentioned states but I was talking about cities ;)

LGraham's not here... I guess I'll take over.

yeah sorry, I was pretty busy last night and couldn't stay up to do the updates. updating the OP with the setlist. thanks Soul for helping out

yeah sorry, I was pretty busy last night and couldn't stay up to do the updates. updating the OP with the setlist. thanks Soul for helping out

No problem :)

Today I learned that there's a town in Jersey called Marlboro, ha!

*cough*