15.08.12 - Wantagh, NY, Jones Beach Theater

lgr

By all accounts Mansfield crowd were explosive. Good job! Can Wantagh top them? Let’s find out tonight!

This will be a whopping 30th time visiting NY state for the band* and will the 6th time stopping in Wantagh, having played dates here on KROQ’s Dysfunctional Family Picnic 5 and Off-fest in 2001, and then the usual stops on Projekt Revolutions ’04, ’07 and ’08.

Tonight, the band will be paying in the Nikon at Jones Beach Amphitheatre, a staple venue on LP’s tours. The band has never played any other venue in Wantagh, despite it being known under varying names due to sponsorship - "Jones Beach Amphitheatre" (1994-2000), "Jones Beach Theatre" (2000-02), and "Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Theatre" (2002-06). Originally opened as a venue for musicals in 1952 with 8,200 seats, the final renovations in ’98 expanded the venue to its current 15,000 capacity - just before LP’s time as a major arena act.

due to this being an outdoor venue, Wantagh itself missed out on the US leg of the A Thousand Suns Tour since this was held in Winter!** But the band still played NY state in Madison Square Garden that year, roughly 36 miles away in NYC.

Strangely enough, LP played this venue exactly 5 years ago today on PR07** - the night that the venue famously wanted a cut of the DSP profits, which resulted in the DSP not being sold. downloads.linkinpark.com currently has Wantagh listed, and the DSP from PR08 was sold with no problems, so no worries this time around!

Last night, Mansfield saw the unveiling of Set A. Unlike Set C (seen in Bristow and Uncasville) LP dropped the Game of Thrones Intro and moved opening song With You further down the setlist, choosing instead to open with Tinfoil and Faint. In My Remains and Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me were dropped in favour of Lies Greed Misery and Points Of Authority, whilst Set C’s Victimized/QWERTY/Lying From You/Papercut mash-up was shortened in Set A to only the Victimized/QWERTY part, as Papercut was played in full after Faint earlier in the set. Crawling, which had been cut due to time restraints in Bristow, and for an unknown reason in Uncasville, was simply not on the setlist this time – are we seeing the continuing demise of Crawling? LP also totally shifted the encore around in Set A, swapping Set C’s encore of Lost In The Echo, What I’ve Done and One Step Closer with the usual pre-Encore closers Burn It Down, In The End, Numb and Bleed It Out, the latter two songs keeping their recent additions of Numb/Encore Lyrics and Sabotage bridge part respectively. Chester seemed to improvise and give Bleed It Out a short sing-a-long chorus, while it may not be the same “ah-oh” sing-along of ‘07-‘08, the band hasn’t done any form of sing-along since PR08 in Tampa, FL (02.08.08).

What many will notice however is the lack of any Incubus/LP collaborations we’d been hoping to hear. At this venue on Ozzfest, Chester joined Disturbed for a cover of Pantera’s postulating track “Walk” (09.08.01) whilst other tours have seen bands collaborating with LP – at PR04, Johnathan Davies sang on One Step Closer, and PR08 Chris Cornell joined the band for Crawling.

However, it’s early days yet – this is only the 2nd date of the tour, so anything could happen between now and final night! there's a possibility that Set A will be coming out tonight for a second run, but if there's a Set A and a Set C, B can't be too far away!

Afraid of Crawling being dropped this tour? afraid of no collaborations? – calm down, flashback to Wantagh, Projekt Revolution ’08 and just pretend...

As ever, LPL staff present tonight will be Mark (Hahninator) and Jonas (AndOne), who’ll be joined tonight by my fellow Moderator, Raquel (Numbrocker), they’ll be volunteering at the Music For Relief booth, so go drop down to donate and say hi!

Mark will be keeping us updated on the setlist via his Twitter, and he’ll be doing so up until Alpharetta, GA on the 19th (only tonight and 2 more dates left). Go follow him at twitter.com/hahninator if you want to stay updated, as it happens!

For all your info on upcoming HCT dates, and all dates of 2012, check the year page here

UPDATE:

Keep an eye on Mark's and LPL's twitter feed - possible ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS. We'll keep you posted across the board.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Scratch Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

09. Lying From You (Brad guitar problems at start, Mike forgot 2nd Verse)

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Joe missed intro sample, 3rd show in a row!)

18. What I've Done (Short keyboard intro)

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

-----------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End (w/PMA guitar part)

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

* (a total which, to the best of my knowledge, is only topped by the amount of shows played in LP’s native California - (excluding rehearsals) CA totals at a massive 84 performances!

** thanks to linkink for the extra info

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time for setlist B to be revealed! lol I got a feeling though that they will play two shows setlist C (Bristow and Uncasville) then two setlist A (Mansfield and tonight) and debut setlist B at Camden. Honestly don't think they will play setlist A for one show then switch it out already. Could be wrong though. I'm going to the show in Camden so I will be a little basis towards the sets haha

I got a feeling though that they will play two shows setlist C (Bristow and Uncasville) then two setlist A (Mansfield and tonight) and debut setlist B at Camden. Honestly don't think they will play setlist A for one show then switch it out already.

you have a point - but then again I think that was due to the two of them being make-up dates. you never know...

I wonder if LP has ever played the same set back to back since they started the rotations in 07...?

Set C was kind of a disappointment (maybe 'cause Set A was amazing)..

really? I liked C more - In My Remains in there, a better encore, and OSC (with its pyro) closing - pyro and the fireworks at the end: double the flames!

Totally excited for tonight. I'll be there wearing my one of a kind LPL t-shirt.

Also not to be a rude "know it all" but there are some facts that should be added/changed:

They are playing at the same venue on the same date, exactly 5 years ago. http://lplive.net/shows/20070815.php

Wantagh really didn't miss out on the ATS tour because there are no other major venues in the town and the tour took place in the winter (which is unsuitable for an outdoor venue). Wantagh is only 3.8 sq miles.

Also

Tonight, the band will be paying in the Nikon at Jones Beach Amphitheatre, a staple venue on LP’s tours.

Edited by linkink

Also not to be a rude "know it all" but there are some facts that should be added/changed:

They are playing at the same venue on the same date, exactly 5 years ago. http://lplive.net/shows/20070815.php

Wantagh really didn't miss out on the ATS tour because there are no other major venues in the town and the tour took place in the winter (which is unsuitable for an outdoor venue). Wantagh is only 3.8 sq miles.

no don't worry, I forgot the 5 years one (I did have that written down somewhere) and I didn't know about the winter thing, my point was really that the band played a different venue in NYC that year, but that's a good reason for it.

adding, thanks!

aaaand I'm not sure what you're trying to say about that quote...

I can't believe it's finally here! I'm pretty pumped about this, hoping they Play With You tonight, my fav LP song. Should be a good day nonetheless ^__^

haha, enjoy your 1st LP show buddy :D

I can't believe it's finally here! I'm pretty pumped about this, hoping they Play With You tonight, my fav LP song. Should be a good day nonetheless ^__^

I'm pretty sure that they will play With You tonight as it has been in both setlists thus far = )

that would be my reason for worrying it would be dropped this time around.

Hmm you have a point. It was in setlist A and C so it could be potentially dropped in setlist B if they do play it tonight. I guess we will just have to wait and see tonight then. I don't see it being dropped however. It was played throughout the entire European Summer Tour and at all three US shows thus far. But with LP you never know. They brought back QWERTY for gods sakes lol I just want With You to open the show ;)

Big chance for bad weather so stay tuned for updates to my Twitter.

I think it will be C C A A B B C A B for the setlist rotation. A is as boring as it gets so B better be epic. If they surprise us and do B today that would be great but I think today is A.

On the way from Boston to NYC right now.

B needs APFMH, NMS, a new opener like something we would never expect, and some other songs not in A or C. C blows A away though as far as I'm concerned lol. A has to be the most boring setlist LP has played in years. No Blackout, no Runaway, no From the Inside like it had....damn.

We will see what happens tonight.

Stop by the MFR booth and say hey to us!

I think we will be the setlist A again today. A new setlist, the Setlist B, I think it would be in the show next Friday, on LPU Summit, opening with LOST IN THE ECHO.

So the setlist rotation looks like this:

CC AA BB

The band has done this kind of rotation in other tours

Edit: Hahninator posted with me at the "same time" :lol:

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Big chance for bad weather so stay tuned for updates to my Twitter.

I think it will be C C A A B B C A B for the setlist rotation. A is as boring as it gets so B better be epic. If they surprise us and do B today that would be great but I think today is A.

updating main post - weather and set!

spreading word about weather too

Since I live pretty close I'll try to update you guys with the weather, if you want.

WEATHER UPDATE:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM RISK: SLIGHT

TORNADO RISK: 0%

50 KNOT OR GREATER WINDS: 15%

HAIL RISK: 15%

POSSIBILITY OF PRECIPITATION: 60%

WANTAGH CONDITIONS: THUNDER STORMS APPROACHING

ACTIVE WARNINGS: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING, FLASH FLOOD WARNING

FORECAST: NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TODAY, ESPECIALLY IN THE EVENING

11:50AM Update: Looks like this round of thunderstorms will end at 12:15PM. There was nickle sized hail but nothing major. I guess we'll see if anything develops later on.

11:54AM Update: For those of you who planned on using the Meadowbrook State Parkway to get to Jones Beach - parts of it are closed off due to flash flooding caused by thunderstorms. Although this will most likely be cleared up by the time you guys start traveling, I just wanted to give the heads up.

12:00PM Update: Additional strong Thunderstorms developing over the Jones Beach area.

12:04: Flash Flood Warning now in effect until 12:45. I hope this really clears up soon because the Jones Beach area is infamous for flooding.

12:11PM UPDATE: Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Eastern Nassau issued until 1:00PM.

12:13PM: For those of you in Suffolk heading to Jones Beach - FLASH FLOOD WARNING for WESTERN SUFFOLK issued until 2:00PM

12:19PM Update: While the mainland is getting drenched by this storm it looks like the actually theater on the beach has yet to be hit by a drop of rain. Amazing. If you are traveling - be vigilant.

12:45PM Update: Severe Thunderstorm Warning and Flash Flood Warning for Nassau County has been canceled. As of now it is just rain in the area and that is all heading east. Hopefully this is it for today.

12:55PM Update: Scattered Thunderstorms developing over New York Harbor and heading east...

Note: If anyone is curious where I am getting this info from, I'm listening to NOAA Weather radio, Skywarn, Intellicast RADAR, and looking out the window.

Stay tuned...

Edited by linkink

last night the times were

doors: 5pm ("I think" -Mark)

Mutemath: 6pm

Incubus: 7.20pm

Linkin Park: 9.20pm

I assume they'll be the same since this is full HCT not another make-up date without Incubus.

I'm sure Mark'll let us know again tonight

Wantagh missed the big part of the storm. Just missed it. That might be it for the day.

Don't be too quick to say that :(

Doppler is detecting thunderstorm development over New York Harbor and it's heading east. We'll see what happens.

This sux :(

Don't be too quick to say that :(

Doppler is detecting thunderstorm development over New York Harbor and it's heading east. We'll see what happens.

This sux :(

Thats the storm that just passed. Accuweather & TWC Radar show nothing else forming in the NY area.

EDIT: NVM.

Storms over LI left 5500 w/o power, caused flooding; new storms blowing up over Queens & Brooklyn now. Radar: wxch.nl/OiOJ7T #NYC

Posted Image

One on the left is no longer a threat to Wantagh/NYC. Left is getting stronger and might fuck up Wantagh

Edited by Soul