15.08.12 - Wantagh, NY, Jones Beach Theater

lgr

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

terrible quality though - sound and focus all over the shop...

I'm not personally a fan of screen taping either.

but i guess if we're not getting a DSP from Wantagh then it's allwe've got of the show

haha, brilliant. i guess she must have taken the band up on the "Olympians offer"

terrible quality though - sound and focus all over the shop...

I'm not personally a fan of screen taping either.

but i guess if we're not getting a DSP from Wantagh then it's allwe've got of the show

They usually film multiple sources, (check out all the wantagh shows they filmed) so, no one knows how they did it that night

do you want to volunteer?

basically you want me to buy?

if that's it no;

I don't understand why few people needs to make money on a AUDIENCIE recording when you'll actually recording for your fun;

I'll understand DSPs and all work Pooch havew to done to made it but not an audiencie recording

I don't understand why few people needs to make money on a AUDIENCIE recording when you'll actually recording for your fun;

I'll understand DSPs and all work Pooch havew to done to made it but not an audiencie recording

think about it -

if you're taping, you need to get into the show, you need transport to and from the show, you need a recording device, you need appropriate mics, cables, editing software, hard-disk space etc.

in all aspects, this costs money - given that LP are a big arena act, this ain't cheap - and recording gear isn't either!

if tapers are serious about getting decent audience recordings, they invest a hell of a lot of time and money in it (some people, myself included, do enjoy seeing audience stuff instead of Pro-shot) and for alot of tapers, it's not a hobby but a means of income.

it may not be the same salary-based job as Pooch and the rest of the official FOH/Mixers have, but this financial transience and unpredictability give these pro-audience tapers an even bigger need to market themselves like the NYCBC does, it's a job for them.

think about it -

if you're taping, you need to get into the show, you need transport to and from the show, you need a recording device, you need appropriate mics, cables, editing software, hard-disk space etc.

in all aspects, this costs money - given that LP are a big arena act, this ain't cheap - and recording gear isn't either!

if tapers are serious about getting decent audience recordings, they invest a hell of a lot of time and money in it (some people, myself included, do enjoy seeing audience stuff instead of Pro-shot) and for alot of tapers, it's not a hobby but a means of income.

it may not be the same salary-based job as Pooch and the rest of the official FOH/Mixers have, but this financial transience and unpredictability give these pro-audience tapers an even bigger need to market themselves like the NYCBC does, it's a job for them.

Except that what Pooch does isnt considered a prosecutable offense!

haha true - precisely why tapers have much less guarantee of money: too busy sneaking about :P

That and not many are brazen enough to tape and market themselves so widely. Been a customer of NYCBC for at least 5 years now and there's no end in sight.

That and not many are brazen enough to tape and market themselves so widely. Been a customer of NYCBC for at least 5 years now and there's no end in sight.

I guess that once they've recorded it and the show's over, there's nothing anyone can do to stop them really.

and in marketing terms, anyone can hide behind "company" email addresses and aliases

I guess that once they've recorded it and the show's over, there's nothing anyone can do to stop them really.

Distribution of and kind is against the law in the US. Yes, even trading as they're unauthorized recordings.

and in marketing terms, anyone can hide behind "company" email addresses and aliases

If they want to get someone badly enough, they will.

Distribution of and kind is against the law in the US. Yes, even trading as they're unauthorized recordings.

If they want to get someone badly enough, they will.

"land of the free [!?] and the home of the brave [tapers]"

:lol: