What Year Will LP End?

What Year  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Years

• 2012 (Apocalypse and shit)
    • 1996 - FOREVER

No, your reply was pointless.. And now this reply is pointless..

And this whole conversation is

Posted Image

I must admit, seeing Chester screaming and Mike rapping when they hit their 60s would be a really weird sight.

The band will decide to stop when they feel they need to, whenever that may be. I think for LP the biggest issue is that the older a band gets, the more nostalgically they will inevitably lean, and I don't think LP would be as content with that as say, AC/DC are. They always want to be forward thinking but if they're still touring in 20 years time their audience will be largely hordes of middle aged men reliving their youth wanting to hear One Step Closer et al.

There's also a huge stigma tied to LP's music at this point. They could write the greatest rock album ever heard in the next ten years and most critics will still dismiss it as teenage angsty bullshit.

I think LP will end when Mike and Chester (probably Mike) finally realize that the LP label can't be grown out of. They say that there are no boundaries with LP's music, but there most definitely are, and I guarantee Mike and probably Chester will want to step out of those boundaries eventually.

That, IMO, is when LP will end.

What I predict is, LP will make more music but with less touring. As years go on they will do less shows, I'd say about 10 years of excessive shows if that then cool it. Nobody actually knows, this topic is kind of deciding their fate in music and anything can happen.

LP should start doing 1 tour for each continent for a album cycle, like 1 US tour, 1 Europe tour, 1 Asia Tour, 1 South America Tour and 1 Australian Tour, then do off shows in Russia, then just go back and write an album. That world tour like that could take a year only to do. I want more LP music more often, not excessive touring.

There's also a huge stigma tied to LP's music at this point. They could write the greatest rock album ever heard in the next ten years and most critics will still dismiss it as teenage angsty bullshit.

This is why I have somewhat of a beef with the new album. I don't like how they completely pulled a 180 after ATS and went back to their old sound, which the band said they would never do a few years back. The band was just about at the point of breaking out of the ''LP stigma'' but then they made this album, which completely destroyed what they built with MTM and ATS. This is just my opinion though, of coarse. I stand behind this. Some of the tracks on the album sound like the sound LP built, such as Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Roads Untraveled and Castle Of Glass, but the rest of the songs sound like either watered down Meteora tracks, or watered down MTM tracks. I don't like that. They're cool songs, but they should have used those kind of songs for LPU albums, not actual albums..

I think "LP ending" in my eyes will be when they stop touring. I love their music, and I'll buy it if they release it, but them not touring would be the end of the band's "time", as it were.

and in that case, I honestly think it'll be Chester that'll put a stop to it - real accident prone, gets ill alot, hell he's already been told to stop jumping off the risers to save his back from breaking to bits so...

that and family, particularly in terms of Chester - he's the most vocal about how band-life strains him as a dad

I think "LP ending" in my eyes will be when they stop touring. I love their music, and I'll buy it if they release it, but them not touring would be the end of the band's "time", as it were.

and in that case, I honestly think it'll be Chester that'll put a stop to it - real accident prone, gets ill alot, hell he's already been told to stop jumping off the risers to save his back from breaking to bits so...

that and family, particularly in terms of Chester - he's the most vocal about how band-life strains him as a dad

Sorry but I don't agree with that. Chester has proved that he will play in bad conditions. For example, what about the Club Tattoo show in 2006 where he was bleeding pretty bad and still rocked out? Or when Chester performed an entire set with a broken wrist before he went to the hospital? Or when he performed in Oklahoma City in 2008 when he could barely even talk? He has put blood, sweat and tears into the band just like all the other members, maybe even more so. If Chester had to sing in a wheelchair on stage or with a cane, I think he would. He loves his band. He wouldn't break up the band because of a physical condition unless something really serious happened like he became mute or couldn't leave his home. Even then, he would record music from his house. He's a musician/artist, that's his soul. It's not a 'job' for him. And Mike wouldn't break up the band either, he loves LP equally as much, if not more. The only way the band would break up is if it was a mutual agreement. And people are also forgetting, if LP broke up, the band members would STILL MAKE MUSIC. I guarantee it. They wouldn't stop making music alltogether.

The thing I think about in regards to this question is: what would the other four members even do? Like, we haven't really seen the extent of Brad, Phoenix, and Rob's talents on their instruments in LP because the nature of LP's music limits all three of them. It reminds me of Slipknot - you don't need nine (well, eight now) fucking people in a band. It's like a big group of people you only include because you're friends with them. Will they be able to get gigs if they split? Would a band want Brad or Rob to join based on their music with LP?

Sorry but I don't agree with that. Chester has proved that he will play in bad conditions. For example, what about the Club Tattoo show in 2006 where he was bleeding pretty bad and still rocked out? Or when Chester performed an entire set with a broken wrist before he went to the hospital? Or when he performed in Oklahoma City in 2008 when he could barely even talk? He has put blood, sweat and tears into the band just like all the other members, maybe even more so. If Chester had to sing in a wheelchair on stage or with a cane, I think he would. He loves his band. He wouldn't break up the band because of a physical condition unless something really serious happened like he became mute or couldn't leave his home. Even then, he would record music from his house. He's a musician/artist, that's his soul. It's not a 'job' for him. And Mike wouldn't break up the band either, he loves LP equally as much, if not more. The only way the band would break up is if it was a mutual agreement. And people are also forgetting, if LP broke up, the band members would STILL MAKE MUSIC. I guarantee it. They wouldn't stop making music alltogether.

I do see your point, Chester does keep going through tough times to get through, but think about the band's insurance, you remember how Pensacola got cancelled due to Chester's shoulder surgery? I'm sure Chester would have been game to play the show I'm sure, but contractual obligations messed that up for them. singing doesn't require use of one's arms (:lol:) but he still wasn't allowed to play the show due to insurance.

my point is that if Chester keeps having problems with his health that stop him playing shows like this, it'll call time on the band as a touring entity. sure new albums'll be cool, but they won't be the creative force they once were prior to any potential end to touring

LP should start doing 1 tour for each continent for a album cycle

Would love to see an Antarctic tour.

In the end, I'm guessing Chester's health problems will lead to the end of LP (or Chester). But maybe they will hire new members when someone quits, like they did with Mark. Say if Joe quit, they could have auditions for a new DJ. Sure it won't be the same, but it could keep LP going for years. If they go with that, in 2098, LP could consist of Ben Harn, Genghis Khan, Abe Lincoln, and some other bitches. You never know.

Would love to see an Antarctic tour.

In the end, I'm guessing Chester's health problems will lead to the end of LP (or Chester). But maybe they will hire new members when someone quits, like they did with Mark. Say if Joe quit, they could have auditions for a new DJ. Sure it won't be the same, but it could keep LP going for years. If they go with that, in 2098, LP could consist of Ben Harn, Genghis Khan, Abe Lincoln, and some other bitches. You never know.

Where the fuck would the band play in Antarctica? No one lives there except for scientists and shit. And plus, it would probably be too cold for any band to play there. Where WOULD they even play? No arenas or anything. Antarctica is like the undiscovered part of the world, no one really has fully explored it, no one lives there, and it's a huge fucking continent. I think there are even still some parts that have never been explored by humans. Also, has any band ever played there in the history of humanity?

Also, that is a stupid post. The band would never replace members, I am 100% sure they would just give up before doing that.

Edited by Geki

Yeah, my bad, I actually ended up googling it as well and found out about Fall Out Boy. Apparently they cleared out a gymnasium like room there and played, not sure about the final results, though. Kind of cool, I've always been fascinated with Antarctica, it just sucks that I hate Fall Out Boy with a firey passion. LP needs to play there, even if it's for a group of scientists, and film it!!! Lol.

EDIT: Turns out Fall Out Boy was not allowed to play in Antarctica. Wow. So no band has ever played there. Here is a short video about why:

Edited by Geki

Where the fuck would the band play in Antarctica? No one lives there except for scientists and shit.

A concert for the penguins. I'm sure they'll appreciate One Step Closer and In My Remains as they jump into the see.

&Too bad Fall Out Boy sucks shit live. I mean, look at this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FccXA0VsXz8