Linkin Park: Live Around The World

Geki

From LP.com:

"To celebrate the release of their new album LIVING THINGS on June 26, Linkin Park has partnered with Spotify to release a set of "best of" live compilations to correspond with each of their albums. These Spotify exclusive albums contain some of the band’s favorite live performances of each song through the years and will be released each week leading up to June 26. Listen HERE starting May 31. To purchase full Linkin Park live recordings click HERE.

May 31 – Hybrid Theory: Live Around The World

June 5th – Meteora: Live Around The World

June 12th - Minutes to Midnight: Live Around The World

June 19th – A Thousand Suns: Live Around The World

June 26th – LIVING THINGS"

Basically, Spotify is going to stream each week an album by Linkin Park but live from around the world... This is really cool!! I'm sure someone will rip these official LP live compilations, since they're free anyways, they'd be nice to have. They're doing Hybrid Theory week, Meteora week, MTM week and then ATS week, leading up to the release date of LIVING THINGS.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, yeah, I'm interested in what we're going to get. I'm not like a lot of you guys on here, I'm not really aware of the best versions of each song ever played live and all that, so I'm excited to see what Spotify puts up tomorrow for HT and next week for Meteora.

Will this be worldwide or UK-exclusive? Because that'd be pretty shitty if it was UK-exclusive.

1 - Papercut - Live from Paris, 2010

2 - One Step Closer - Live from Frankfurt, 2008

3 - Points of Authority - Live from Sydney, 2007

4 - Crawling - Live from Athens, 2009

5 - In The End - Live from Melbourne, 2010

6 - A Place for my Head - Live from Koln, 2008

7 - Cure For The Itch - Live from Perth, 2007

8 - Pushing Me Away . Live from Dallas, 2007

How'd you get that info? I can't seem to find the playlist on Spotify!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I wish these compilations were available for download!!!

Edited by Geki

I'm not sure what I expected, but I suppose this is precisely what I should have expected. No shows before 2007, it's looking like, and if a song isn't available from a DSP in that time period, it's simply dropped from the playlist. Fair enough.

EDIT: Then I heard the choice they made for Points. In Stereo verse sounds fucking great, if a little too short for the intro.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

I'm totally digging this to be honest... I'm gonna be playing it all week, and I'll do the same for each album for each week, to get me pumped up even more for the album.

Anyways, I really like the selections they chose for some of the tracks, but it sucks that the songs that weren't played during the MTM/ATS tour are not included, but it does make sense because they are using the DSP vault. We won't be getting With You, Runaway, Forgotten or By Myself for HT, and we won't be getting Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Figure.09 or Nobody's Listening for Meteora. Kind of sucks because I like all those songs live and a pro-shot version of HTF would have been nice to have.

Anyways...can someone rip this? I like how they fade in and out and it'd be cool to have on CD.

Is anyone else hearing PMA (Acoustic Live From AAC 2000) when they click on PMA live from Dallas 2007??

Just read it, that's awesome news!

When I first read 'best of' I was kinda scared, but a live best of is just way better. I hope they gonna release this in physical form aswell, but this is gonna be dope anyway :D

Just read it, that's awesome news!

When I first read 'best of' I was kinda scared, but a live best of is just way better. I hope they gonna release this in physical form aswell, but this is gonna be dope anyway :D

Physical release won't happen, I guarantee it. This is just a tie-in with Spotify to promote the album, and to indirectly promote the DSP archive.

I think I might be most interested in the MTM one. Will the whole album be represented?

Physical release won't happen, I guarantee it. This is just a tie-in with Spotify to promote the album, and to indirectly promote the DSP archive.

I think I might be most interested in the MTM one. Will the whole album be represented?

Yes, because there is a recording of every song from the album in the DSP archive, just like ATS (minus Robot Boy obviously). Pretty exciting.

need help man,are they going to stream shows from 2000 to 2004 & so on?dsps?

Highly doubt that. The recordings should look like this:

METEORA

01 Don't Stay (Foreword included in this track)

02 Somewhere I Belong

03 Lying From You

04 Faint

05 Breaking The Habit

06 From The Inside

07 Session? (maybe)

08 Numb (or 07 Numb since they may not do Session since CFTI wasn't done)

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

01 Wake

02 Given Up

03 Leave Out All The Rest

04 Bleed It Out

05 Shadow Of The Day

06 What I've Done

07 Hands Held High

08 No More Sorrow

09 Valentine's Day

10 In Between

11 In Pieces

12 The Little Things Give You Away

A THOUSAND SUNS

01 The Requiem

02 Burning In The Skies

03 When They Come For Me (Empty Spaces included in this track)

04 Jornada Del Muerto

05 Waiting For The End

06 Blackout

07 Wretches & Kings

08 Iridescent (no WJL I assume since it's cut from all future DSPs)

09 Fallout

10 The Catalyst

11 The Messenger

Highly doubt that. The recordings should look like this:

METEORA

01 Don't Stay (Foreword included in this track)

02 Somewhere I Belong

03 Lying From You

04 Faint

05 Breaking The Habit

06 From The Inside

07 Session? (maybe)

08 Numb (or 07 Numb since they may not do Session since CFTI wasn't done)

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

01 Wake

02 Given Up

03 Leave Out All The Rest

04 Bleed It Out

05 Shadow Of The Day

06 What I've Done

07 Hands Held High

08 No More Sorrow

09 Valentine's Day

10 In Between

11 In Pieces

12 The Little Things Give You Away

A THOUSAND SUNS

01 The Requiem

02 Burning In The Skies

03 When They Come For Me (Empty Spaces included in this track)

04 Jornada Del Muerto

05 Waiting For The End

06 Blackout

07 Wretches & Kings

08 Iridescent (no WJL I assume since it's cut from all future DSPs)

09 Fallout

10 The Catalyst

11 The Messenger

I just want 2 shows,summer sonic 2006,& yeah 2 more,one in greece,maybe that was performed in 2008,& sonisphere festival,u.k 1.8.2009

My picks for the Hybrid Theory one:

1 - Papercut - Tampa 2008 (3, 2, 1 get the fuck up), Newcastle 2010 (alright, you guys ready? tear that shit up), Philly 2007 (crowd explodes to Mike's question of oldschool fans + 10 year comment + epic "let's go y'all" + smiley face in pit), Phoenix 2007 (Mike saying "thank you for Chester"), San Bernadino 2007 (hometown Papercut)

2 - One Step Closer - Auburn 2007 (first DSP, crowd blowing up), Atlanta 2007 (best "BREAK" ending I've ever heard from Chester), Mansfield 2007 ("you guys ready for some more?"), London night 2 2008 (Chester jamming big on bridge and ending)

3 - Points of Authority - Stuttgart 2009 (High Voltage/Bloc Party combo + Reading My Eyes for the LPU), Raleigh 2007 (Second To None), Melbourne night 1 2007 (Mike's flow is great), West Palm Beach 2007 (if he had nailed Step Up it'd be better, lots of energy after the intro), Dallas 2007 (respect for fucking grandma, how badass)

4 - Crawling - Camden 2008 by far my favorite (Chris Cornell + intro is nailed), I like the Milton Keynes 2008 version with keys over the intro but they're almost edited out of the DSP

5 - In The End - Cuyahoga Falls 2007 ("I think somebody licked my bellybutton", "loudest crowd of tour"), song wasn't experimented with a lot so one with a loud crowd on the bridge and good talking by the band

6 - A Place for my Head - Nashville 2008 ("looks like some of you knew to stick around" + silly string). St Paul 2008 also good. Hannover 2008 epic, cause it's god damn Germany.

7 - Cure For The Itch - Mountain View 2007, who knows what else, it's CFTI lol

8 - Pushing Me Away - Camden 2008, only a few DSP's of it

I wish HT and Meteora would had been from 2003-2006.

One Step Closer from RAR 2007 and Osaka 2009

Papercut: Phoenix 2007

PMA: Candem 2007... the piano version they ruined it after 2007

Crawling: none. it was only good til 2003 (this is one of the song the band should stop playing live, it sucks)

In The End: whatever

Points: From whatever show of 2008 with rap intro and outro

APFMH: Rock in Rio 2012

it's nothing new at the end... but nice idea actually. =) we should pick our favorite ones and make and alt tracklist for best live performances (pro-shots like DSP, but adding maybe b-sides from singles or EPs and live in texas too). so we could do a more complete setlist (as we got an easier to run proshot in numb single).

btw... it's legal or ilegal share the compilations that the band is releasing through spotify?... just in case.

EDIT: also I must say I cant hear it because spotify isn't available in my country. :(... or any south american country either

Edited by linkin_boss

It's streaming for free so I don't see why we couldn't rip it and offer it for download here.

Hahninator, you think they won't put in The Radiance for the ATS one? I hope they do, I love the version on ATS+.

I doubt it really, but you never know.

Breaking the habit ,summersonic 2006

New divide Sonisphere U.K 1.8.2009

High voltage Docklands arena,london 16-09-2001

With you,points of authority docklands arena 16-09-2001

Faint live rock am ring 2007

in the end sonisphere uk 2009

Much more ,I don't remember lol

It's streaming for free so I don't see why we couldn't rip it and offer it for download here.

Spotify streams everything for free, so with that logic, you could offer every piece of music for download :-D