LPTV: Buried At Sea Part 2

Andros

New LPTV 'Buried At Sea (Part 2)'

Mike's records the rap vocal part of Burn It Down. You can see some titles of the songs like 'Buried At Sea', 'Holding Company', 'One Forty', 'Primo', 'Castle Of Glass', 'Roads Untraveled'.

Edited by AndOne

"Primo" is yet another song that was also around during the A Thousand Suns sessions. That makes two so far that we know of that were leftovers - Primo and Tinfoil.

Also, this is one of the few times Mike's ever been shown recording vocals in an LPTV episode.

Edited by Astat

"Primo" is yet another song that was also around during the A Thousand Suns sessions. That makes two so far that we know of that were leftovers - Primo and Tinfoil.

Also, this is one of the few times Mike's ever been shown recording vocals in an LPTV episode.

Agree with you in all.

Brad producing is nothing new really

1st time we see it quite so explicitly though i assume.

EDIT: nice episode in all though. I like seeing the little changes made to certain small aspects that make up such a nice single. I like watching the way the band works and maker up their music.

Edited by LGraham

Where the hell are Rob, Joe and Phoenix? lmao

well if they're only fixing up a few vocals I guess there was no compelling reason for them to be there...?

EDIT: still odd that they're not there to do the whole lyrics critique thing they seem to have done on the last two albums with all band members present...

Edited by LGraham

Guest Inky

Awesome LPTV. I'm loving these new ones. Makes me want a making of DVD for LT even more, though. Really interesting that Primo and Tinfoil are both from the ATS sessions, and made it into this album cycle. Anyone think Primo is one of the songs on the album, they just changed the name?

well if they're only fixing up a few vocals I guess there was no compelling reason for them to be there...?

EDIT: still odd that they're not there to do the whole lyrics critique thing they seem to have done on the last two albums with all band members present...

I think for that stuff they have meetings every Monday. All of them are probably not in the studio the whole time or in different rooms, doing different stuff etc. Sometimes you see one of them just sitting around in some shady corner of the room.

I'm not particularly surprised that there are holdovers from ATS. This album cycle is a lot faster and the time they took to make the album was half as long, so I'd imagine demos they liked but weren't able to use would be revisited more in this case.

I'm not particularly surprised that there are holdovers from ATS. This album cycle is a lot faster and the time they took to make the album was half as long, so I'd imagine demos they liked but weren't able to use would be revisited more in this case.

Especially with ATS being a concept album, it's entirely possible there were songs from those sessions that they really liked, but didn't fit in with the rest of the album.

Especially with ATS being a concept album, it's entirely possible there were songs from those sessions that they really liked, but didn't fit in with the rest of the album.

I think they even said that in an interview a while back that they will be using stuff from the ATS era, don't know the exact quote and cant find it right now, but pretty much what you just said.

I usually love their demo lyrics, but Mike's demo rap was a little boring. Sounded way too basic. I love the way it turned out.

I wish they'd used the super Caucasian take. That was golden. Or at least put it up for the LPU.