LIVE 105 Interview With Chester Bennington

Bliss

The radio station LIVE 105 posted an in depth interview with Chester Bennington, addressing tour plans, the new album and the like. Check it out HERE

They’ve always had a core sound, but in an effort to constantly reinvent, the band routinely experiments with every release. Whether it’s the aggressive sounds of Hybrid Theory (the world’s highest selling album since 2000) and Meteora, the envelope-pushing music heard on Minutes to Midnight or the concept album A Thousand Suns; Linkin Park constantly move forward. However, this time around the band will reflect on its past a little. Fans should expect a classic sounding Linkin Park record. Take a few slices from their first four releases and BOOM… Album #5.

Interesting points in the interview

• US Summer Tour With Incubus CONFIRMED
  • Possibility of South American Tour
  • More talk about working with Rick Rubin
  • Description of the Burn It Down music video
Edited by Bliss

def editing this and adding to front page. Plus Chester just confirmed US tour with Incubus.

yeah, the way I put it wasn;t very good but that is why there are Mods who know how to word things better!

Edit: but yes! I can't wait for Linkubus tour!

Edited by Bliss

I hope the South American tour gets confirmed soon! If that's the case, it'd be fuckin great. Three years ago, I thought I was never going to see my favorite band live. Now I may be seeing LP live three years in a row.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

A classic sounding LP record?

It's a mix of new and old (with what also seems like more raping and screaming than ATS)

but don't expect it to be like HT or Meteora

but it still should be good and have lots of old elements in the album

Haven't heard the audio yet, I'm at work, but I can't be more excited for Chester hinting a new South American Tour so early. Thinking about the possibility of having them play in Buenos Aires one year from now ... is amazing.

And the snippet of BID reminded me a lot to New Divide!

Why not? Well he just said "hopefully", so nothing seems to be set in stone yet.

No, I meant, that's fucking amazing if they play in South Africa finally. I would LOVE to have a DSP for that show, or see some video footage. If they do end up playing there, they NEED to film it for a DVD.