Cryptic Tweet from Mike followed by Pic

Elaine

yeah I really don't see any reason to think that the record'll be out this year. IF as it's being claimed they've finished a bunch of songs, there's still mixing, mastering, plus the huge amount of work that goes into promotion, album production, not to mention the time and effort that goes into the album art now... I know that this doesn't take YEARS to do, but still, I don't think the band would rush an album through just for a couple of festival dates. They've done summer festivals without new material before, and I reckon RaR/RiP will be similar. It seems so unlikely that they'd finish the ATS tour and be so keen to suddenly get back into another huge touring cycle. I think here at LPL we tend to overlook the fact that the band has got family as a priority too :lol:

I still think mid 2013 for the album...despite what everyone is saying.

In the Pheonix chat today, he said they’ve written upwards 40 to 50, but working on maybe 15 to 20

also he said a new single might come sooner than you expect

i was going with 2012 and i still am

now for when in 2012 idk but i hope summer sometime

Join everyone. Come on guys!

Posted Image

the end of the headphone jack, hmm, makes me think it does have something to with music. dang, i just want new music already!

LP releases music insanely slow, 4 albums in a period of 12 years? thats extremely slow

LP releases music insanely slow, 4 albums in a period of 12 years? thats extremely slow

I think it's reasonable , artists that releae an album every 1 and a half year have got lot of crappy tracks on their records 'cuz they finally have a lack of inspiration for only focussing on the deadline .

I think it's reasonable , artists that releae an album every 1 and a half year have got lot of crappy tracks on their records 'cuz they finally have a lack of inspiration for only focussing on the deadline .

I really agree with this, I'd rather wait for an album that's brilliant than being immediately fed an album that was just a bunch of ok-sounding b-sides from the first...

I actually am kind of pissed off that the new LP album could very well be coming out this year. I like when bands take their time with albums, because the album is usually very solid and strong and full of amazing songs. If a band rushes album every year or two, then usually a lot of tracks suck and it feels rushed. Look at MTM for example. That album took 4 years to come out after Meteora was released and every single song (including b-sides and demos and seeds) all were AMAZING from it.

I actually am kind of pissed off that the new LP album could very well be coming out this year. I like when bands take their time with albums, because the album is usually very solid and strong and full of amazing songs. If a band rushes album every year or two, then usually a lot of tracks suck and it feels rushed. Look at MTM for example. That album took 4 years to come out after Meteora was released and every single song (including b-sides and demos and seeds) all were AMAZING from it.

You have a serious obsession with MTM.