16.09.2011 - Osaka, Japan

hahninator

For their last show in Japan on this tour, Linkin Park will play the Intex Osaka in Osaka, Japan on the 16th. This will be the seventh show out of eleven in Asia for this tour.

LP first played Osaka in May 2001 (show page here) at the IMP Hall, where Chester covered 'Jane Says' by Jane's Addiction on acoustic guitar for the second time (the first being the day before in Tokyo). In 2003, the band played the Osaka Castle Hall (show page here), and then came back in 2006 for the Summer Sonic Festival at the WTC Open Air Stadium (show page here). 'Pushing Me Away' (Piano Version) made its live debut at that show! In 2007, Linkin Park took the stage at the Prefectural Gymnasium Naniwa (show page here) and played the Maishima in 2009 for the Summer Sonic Festival again (show page here). That means that LP has played a total of four shows in Osaka at four different venues, something the band usually can't say about a city - playing a different venue each time they go there.

Here's a pretty good proshot video containing clips of different songs (and Joe headbanging) from their 2009 Summer Sonic show in Osaka:

At the last show in Nagoya (show page here), 'Blackout' returned to the set again for the second show in a row (something it usually doesn't do) and 'Lying From You' appeared again after mysteriously being dropped in Yokohama (show page here). Also, 'No Roads Left' wasn't over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', but it's likely to return.

It's likely that LP will rotate these few setlists they played in Japan for the rest of the Asian Tour so I don't think we should expect much more in terms of surprises. I will have to say though, 'No Roads Left' over 'Bleed It Out' is awesome and we can only hope it'll give Mike confidence to sing the whole song live someday. Would you like to see the full 'No Roads Left' sometime, even if it's only performed once? Also, will 'Robot Boy' go down as the first album song to not be played live by Linkin Park?

Anyone going to Osaka from LPLive?

The band has two off days (something they usually don't get in the middle of a tour) before playing in Taipei, TW on the 19th. All of the 2011 tour dates can be found here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Given Up

04. New Divide

05. Faint

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance (Live Version)

15. Breaking The Habit

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-----------------------------------

19. Fallout

20. The Catalyst

21. Blackout

22. In The End

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed It Out (w/ drum solo & 'A Place For My Head' bridge)

I only wonder...

Pooch says: Different set lists at some shows. Can't tell you what they will be, but definitely different from Europe.

Where are these sets????? :D

I think he is referring to the new version of Set A1 :( http://lplive.net/shows/20110913.php

I can't believe that set has Blackout in it now lol, damn, so jealous. Really hoping to see Blackout in Pensacola.

I think he is referring to the new version of Set A1 :( http://lplive.net/shows/20110913.php

I can't believe that set has Blackout in it now lol, damn, so jealous. Really hoping to see Blackout in Pensacola.

And new stuff? He was referring only to NRL on BIO? possible?

But Pooch says SETS DEFINITELY DIFFERENT from europe! The new version of Set A1 is not a definitely different set...and he spoke about different setlistS and no setlist. So...o pooch is a liar (XD) or maybe we had only wait...i am fiducious :)

meh, IMO there were way better tours. 2009 felt like they had a lack of motivation to me...

Yeah but I saw four PR08 shows and LP blew them away in 09. PR08 really looked like the band was exhausted and tired of touring. In 09 they were bringing it big, I had a great time at those shows. The setlists were better IMO.

Anyone know the setlist?

from LPA - Sebastian

I found a Video of New Divide with Faint starting after it (

) and a Video of Crawling with OSC starting after it [because of Robs Drums at the end] (
).

the setlist most probably is A-1 same as Yokohama;

01. The Requiem

02. The Radiance (ending with Savio speech)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come for Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting for the End

12. Wisdom, Justice, and Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb (with Oppenheimer outro)

15. Breaking the Habit

16. Shadow of the Day

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-------------------

19. Fallout

20. The Catalyst

21. Blackout

22. In the End

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed it Out (with A Place for my Head and Rob drum solo over bridge)

Video of In The End/What I've Done/Bleed It Out here!

01. The Requiem

02. The Radiance (ending with Savio speech)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come for Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting for the End

12. Wisdom, Justice, and Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb (with Oppenheimer outro)

15. Breaking the Habit

16. Shadow of the Day

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-------------------

19. Fallout

20. The Catalyst

21. Blackout

22. In the End

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed it Out (with A Place for my Head and Rob drum solo over bridge)

Video of In The End/What I've Done/Bleed It Out here!

Is the Official Set ?