Mike Shinoda is a confusing individual.

NickDuffy

Today was one of those rainy days in Pennsylvania, and I decided to put my iPod on shuffle and relax. Here are some lyrics from the first song I hear:

Before the first song that you heard me on

There were people already trying to get me gone

Telling me to quit rapping / just play the keys / that

"My band had a singer", "They didn't need me"

But my band had my back, so we did the tracks

Put out the album and the talk went flat

Isn't it odd that Mike wrote an interlude about proving the people wrong? Now his mindset completely changed saying that the kind of music that they used to make lost it's freshness and originality throughout time. This song was released in late 2005, and Minutes To Midnight (which only had 2 songs with rapping) was released a year and a half later in mid 2007.

Maybe it was Rick Rubin that proved to them that they can change and create music of different styles, that they'l still enjoy, but whatever happened, resulted in two more good albums.

Actually those lines right there can be determined in quite a few ways. And even now days that line is till true when you think about it.

Just the line "My band had a singer", "They didn't need me" isnt really just about him rapping. It was more aimed at having two vocalist. Cos even back then Mike would sing a little.

And when you said about him proving people wrong, you cant tell me ATS didnt prove everyone wrong. The record company was against it, Some fans dont like it, but it still has proved those critics wrong by being one of their best selling albums so far.

Warner and money got to him. Unfortunately, they aren't allowed to be who they were anymore.

Something happened to LP in like 2009. MTM was awesome and it still had the LP sound, just more mature and it took it to the next level. 2008 was a touring year, doesn't really count, plus Lockjaw came out that year and it was awesome still. 2009 was good for the most part, they released New Divide and did some touring. But then I don't really know what happened.

Edited by Geki

It was about the beginning days of Linkin Park. It's not about him saying that Nu-Metal is the greatest thing ever. It's about him saying that he (and Linkin Park) will create the music that they want to and nothing else.

End thread. It's not that confusing.

People doubted Linkin Park when they were first starting out and tried to control what they did. Now they don't. It has nothing to do with money.

Warner and money got to him. Unfortunately, they aren't allowed to be who they were anymore.

Your joking right. Warner was having doubts about ATS, If they werent aloud to be who they want to be then ATS wouldnt of been released. Simple as that.