"The band has matured"

Sure it is.

Every album Linkin Park has made has had pop elements in it.

And of course pop music can be mature. "Pop" doesn't have to be a dirty word in music. Most people just associate it with garbage like Kesha so it feels like one.

Explain how ATS is not pop. If you read all of my posts, you'd see that I'm not always pessimistic.

Explain how it is pop!

I bet you're one of those people that assumes anything without a guitar is pop.

Sure there's some pop elements. There's also many of different elements blended in.

ATS is a fantastic record.

Sure it is.

That's weird. I was listening to a few pop stations today and I didn't hear anything that sounded like The Requiem, The Radiance, When They Come For Me, Blackout, Wretches And Kings, Fallout, or The Catalyst.

Edited by NickDuffy

Every album Linkin Park has made has had pop elements in it.

And of course pop music can be mature. "Pop" doesn't have to be a dirty word in music. Most people just associate it with garbage like Kesha so it feels like one.

Pretty much this. ATS is a pop album for the most part, and you could argue the MTM is as well. It's just that people who are still LP fans get butthurt whenever they hear others throw around words like "pop" and "sellout" lol. Don't get me wrong though, I still love Linkin Park, and MTM is my favorite album, but everyone needs to calm down when someone criticizes LP with good points haha

Not trying to offend anyone here, but Chester has said that LP makes some pop music. I think ATS is actually the farthest album they have made away from pop music. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were definitely pop, they were hugely popular albums and that kind of music was extremely popular then. Just because they had a 'heavier' edge to them, doesn't mean it isn't pop. MTM was mostly pop too, because it was still very popular and had a lot of huge radio rock songs on it. ATS isn't very popular and not a lot of people have even heard songs from the album. ATS doesn't all have the same structure like their past albums do, and a good majority of the songs are too different for radio to pick up on them (WTCMF, Blackout, The Messenger, Robot Boy, to name a few). Just my opinion..