Battle of the Iridescents

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Iridescent do you prefer?

• Original Album Version
    • Transformers Edit

Agreed, the new arrangement just kinda took out the emotion for me, especially in the beginning where its supposed to be all quiet except for the piano and Mike's voice. And the buildup to the gang vocals/ending is just really satisfying in the original, but they rushed it in the remake.

It's not even a battle. The album version absolutely destroys the remix. It sucks that now the music video's going to be for it. I've been waiting for the mv for Iridescent since the album came out so that's kind of disappointing.

I like the T3 version better because it makes the song less boring, at least for me. Unlike the album version, it starts building steadily right at the beginning of the song, and the second chorus with the guitar is just awesome. I love the way it flows. It's more rock driven, which is most likely what Michael Bay wanted anyways. And I like the gang vocal part being shorter with Chester overpowering in the end and going straight into the final chorus, it's powerful.

I wonder if they'll start playing the remix live since it will be the version more people know if it's being released as a single.

I thought they might start doing a mix between the two... they could include the new drum pattern over the first verse, but still incorporate the gang vocals. After all, it's only the chorus, and it would be a good opportunity for a singalong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The original is better. That's like comparing The Catalyst (album version) vs. The Catalyst (Radio Edit) or The Catalyst (MOH Trailer edit).

I actually love the version of The Catalyst for MOH, the vocals are different and I like it, plus the guitar is turned up mega.