Linkin Park trading websites

felipeintheend

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread needs an update. Most sites do not work anymore.

And my site can be deleted.

Yeap, it definitely needs...

Few days ago I clicked couple links and none of them worked... That was frustrating.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just from a few people that I've spoken to and have taped LP and refuse to share. they aren't fans of how much lossy stuff is floating around. Personally as a taper that annoys me to no end. granted I have never taped LP but the time, effort, energy, among other things that go into taping a show the last thing you want to see is it being shared in a crappy mp3. I've seen it twice with shows I've recorded.

I'm a taper myself and I think it's ok as long as the lossless version is passed along as well. I mean when we post a lossless show there will be always someone asking for an mp3 version, so we tend to offer that from the very beginning, cause someone else will do it and post it sooner or later you can't prevent that. Not everyone is a hardcore collector looking for the lossless stuff and just download it for the show to have it and have it in a format you can put on your ipod or whatever.

I wouldn't call 320kbit/s that crappy but back in the days like 192kbit/s was the standard which is pretty crappy.

What I personally hate is that many of the older shows have only been traded as mp3's and some jerk(s) burned them to an Audio CD. And then many years later you finally find the show and then you find out it's mp3 sourced, and was a complete waste of time. It even got to the point that most people don't seem to care anymore, if something is truly lossless or not. Because no one bothers to check to check in the first places.

Maybe we can relief it with new options.

I mean look at here.LPL is a general site for LP's shows.Maybe we have to make a general site for LP's trading with a lot of useful options.

Edited by lpplus

It even got to the point that most people don't seem to care anymore, if something is truly lossless or not. Because no one bothers to check in the first places.

i don't care, never was and i guess never will. unless i'll buy some super-speakers. i'm totally fine with mp3 320kbps.

maybe from the first place the tapers should to release mp3 version to the "public", and lossless version trades between the tapers. anyway today it all mix together for the most of the people, and i guess 90% of the people don't even have codec for playing FLACs.

I'm a taper myself and I think it's ok as long as the lossless version is passed along as well. I mean when we post a lossless show there will be always someone asking for an mp3 version, so we tend to offer that from the very beginning, cause someone else will do it and post it sooner or later you can't prevent that. Not everyone is a hardcore collector looking for the lossless stuff and just download it for the show to have it and have it in a format you can put on your ipod or whatever.

I wouldn't call 320kbit/s that crappy but back in the days like 192kbit/s was the standard which is pretty crappy.

What I personally hate is that many of the older shows have only been traded as mp3's and some jerk(s) burned them to an Audio CD. And then many years later you finally find the show and then you find out it's mp3 sourced, and was a complete waste of time. It even got to the point that most people don't seem to care anymore, if something is truly lossless or not. Because no one bothers to check to check in the first places.

but that is exactly the problem. I find lp shows in 160kbit/s or 96kbit/s, I'm no audio freak but damn my ears aren't that bad. I understand there is no way to prevent people from turning things into mp3 it happens. and my comment wasn't directed at lplive by any means just in general. If someone wants it in mp3 then let them do it, flac > mp3 isn't that hard

And that is how it starts andone, people burn it to audio cd., then either "forget" about it or don't care enough to tell someone its mp3d and shared to the masses. Technology is a beautiful thing but it is also our worse enemy.

People don't understand that a cassette is analog; or a minidisc is analog. They don't care to know they just want the show period. Back when there were only cassettes and vhs tapes people didn't understand that cassettes and vhs tapes wear down after time, playing them, etc. That is why not trading things out is kinda a double edge sword. Yeah you'll have the show but if by the time you decide to get off your high horse and share it, it might already be shit. There are shows I've taped 10 years ago that show signs of degrading just imagine shows that aren't taken care of? Even that mass 2001 2nd gen tape has degrading on it, It is a completely shame but sadly this why it is important to get source information and track down those tapes/cassettes/minidiscs/etc.

The trading scene as I said earlier is hardly dead it is actually more alive then ever before. Quality is far better then quantity, i'd rather have 20 lp shows with source information then 90 lP shows with almost no source info.

i don't care, never was and i guess never will. unless i'll buy some super-speakers. i'm totally fine with mp3 320kbps.

maybe from the first place the tapers should to release mp3 version to the "public", and lossless version trades between the tapers. anyway today it all mix together for the most of the people, and i guess 90% of the people don't even have codec for playing FLACs.

Most tapers won't put their stuff in mp3. I won't even do it for my personal listening. nothing about high end speakers I just prefer my stuff to be lossless

you don't need a codec for flac, you just need winamp or vlc or foobar or any media player really.

you don't need a codec for flac, you just need winamp or vlc or foobar or any media player really.

it was only example for that people don't even know what is FLAC. :)

i'd rather have 20 lp shows with source information then 90 lP shows with almost no source info.

no offence, but you're really enjoy more to read how the show recorded than watch the show? or i didn't get your point.

but that is exactly the problem. I find lp shows in 160kbit/s or 96kbit/s, I'm no audio freak but damn my ears aren't that bad. I understand there is no way to prevent people from turning things into mp3 it happens. and my comment wasn't directed at lplive by any means just in general. If someone wants it in mp3 then let them do it, flac > mp3 isn't that hard

And that is how it starts andone, people burn it to audio cd., then either "forget" about it or don't care enough to tell someone its mp3d and shared to the masses. Technology is a beautiful thing but it is also our worse enemy.

The technology itself is to blame I guess. When I entered the LP trading in 2003, it was a pretty big deal to even trade a show in mp3 and I had only a 64 kbit/s connection back then lol. It was the exact thing for VCD/SVCD's those where still pretty big.

I remember not coming across DVD's and Lossless shows until like 2004/2005 and it took ages to send them. Sending files over the internet made it all so much easier. I did a couple of snail mail trades but it was so much more work and sometimes people were living in the most random places like Thailand or whatever.

mp3 was invented because the internet was so slow back then. FTP/HDD storage was so much more expensive back then. It's all linked to each other. Several years back it would have been impossible to me to have as much as I have now. These days bigger HDDs are much cheaper but the size of the HD videos makes up for it.

If you look at it that way DVD's and all the compressed HD stuff is lossy as hell to, but that's a thing you can't really do anything about it so the people just deal with it.

Speaking of flac, I'm stuck with a couple of SHN shows that are NOT naturally supported by most of the players. VLC can't play. I don't know about Winamp, I don't have the latest version but you had to install extra codecs. On the other hand I don't feel like converting them to Flac or whatever but I also want to keep the original files

• 2 years later...