Enrique Iglesias picks Waiting For The End as his year's favourite

dark_master

Enrique Iglesias: It’s so hard for me to select just one song or album that is my absolute favorite of the year. I listen to so many different types of music that it’s difficult to compare and pick one above the rest. Whether it’s Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Cee Lo Green, Jason Mraz, Juan Luis Guerra, Marco Antonio Solis, Lionel Richie, Wisin & Yandel or Pitbull, it is difficult for me to select JUST ONE artist, let alone one song or one album.

I usually listen to new music through the radio, finding songs on YouTube and from recommendations through friends. One song in particular that keeps standing out is Linkin Park’s new single, “Waiting For The End”. I know that the most recent album from the band has been a bit of departure from their usual style, and I always admire musicians who grow and take risks musically.

“Waiting For The End” has been in my heavy rotation recently because it has an amazingly melodic quality that builds into an upbeat rock anthem. The song has a hook that gets stuck in your head, but I’m not mad at that. It’s super catchy and has elements of pop, but holds true to the band’s rock roots. I like that the somber lyrics of the song contrast with the catchy begging and upbeat ending. The more I listen to it the more I truly appreciate what the band has done with this song and their new album.

I hear that they’re playing Madison Square Garden the night before me. Maybe I’ll head to New York a day early to check out “Waiting For The End” live.

Source: Idolator.com

"but holds true to the band's rock roots. "

I lol'd. :)

Well, anyway, cool that LP keeps attracting new "fans". And we can clearly see the change in the category of fans. I even find it funny that Iglesias (and my parents!) kind of like Linkin Park now. :P

I always knew there was a reason i liked Enrique besides his Spanish good looks, voice and albums. :lol:

He sounds like one of the smarter LP fans. And i hope he comes to the MSG show because i plan to be there. Even better, i want to go see him too.

I hear that they’re playing Madison Square Garden the night before me. Maybe I’ll head to New York a day early to check out “Waiting For The End” live.

And I'm sure they'll stay a day later to jam along to "Hero"...

Edited by LPPhan2005

Enrique and Mike Shinoda are friends :lol:

Remember the Download To Donate ? 

Remember! B) Maybe we will hear Enrique and on Download To Donate For Haiti V2.0 ?

Nice guy, this Enrique. :D

That's just found this picture, Mike and Enrique *

Posted Image

Edited by Sucre06

• 3 weeks later...