Waiting For The End ATTACK DAY!

Narc85

Hey guys,

As you're probably aware, Waiting For The End isn't going as well on the charts as I think we all expected it to do... In Australia, the song hasn't even charted in the top 50 at all! - despite the fact that IMO (and many others'), it is one of the strongest singles on the album.

So I came up with this idea... some of you may not agree with it, but I think if enough people are keen to give it a crack, we may be able to make at least a partial bit of difference.

The idea is that on one pre-planned/set date... you go onto either iTunes or any other equivalent legal downloading program/site and purchase as many copies of the song (on its own) that you can afford. It doesn't have to be a lot, it could even just be once - but if a large number of people do it on the same day - there's the chance we could make a bit of an impact.

I know it's going to be different from country to country - but in Australia at least - there have been weeks were the number one single on the charts was lucky to get a couple of thousand purchases in the week preceding... so just imagine the impact a few hundred/thousand LP fans could have with Waiting For The End? ;)

The plan doesn't stop there however... what would really help our cause is to request the song on as many radio and television stations that day as possible. Imagine the same station receiving dozens of requests to play that song on that day? Surely they couldn't ignore that!

Anyways, I'll leave it open for discussion... I thought Christmas Eve would be a good day to do this, but given it's quite close, maybe we could all aim for New Year's Eve?

Too many pop artists dominating the charts. Maybe wait for BITS? It is a more manistream than WFTE IMO.

see that's why i thought WFTE would be a huge hit on the charts... i thought it was the most 'pop' song on the record. i think BITS should do pretty well though :)

I think too many people think these charts are important. Why go to these lengths? Isn't it enough that you enjoy the music?

absolutely, but i see music as a communal thing... i enjoy it more when i can share it with friends/family/etc... just like when you hear one of your favourite songs being played on the radio - gives you a bit of a kick because you know that many other people are hearing/enjoying it at the same time. someone once made a comparison to it being like one of your favourite sports teams winning a grand final.

so while it doesn't add to the music or affect it in that way... i guess it's good to see your favourite band getting some recognition amongst people other than yourself :)

see that's why i thought WFTE would be a huge hit on the charts... i thought it was the most 'pop' song on the record. i think BITS should do pretty well though :)

Sorry but i'm not in for this idea. I won't go as far as doing. Pop artists get more airplay without campaigns like this :D

This reminds me of that "Killing in the name" campaign a year ago where they tried to get Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the name" to no. 1 on the charts to prevent the winner of the TV show The X Factor from charting no. 1 for the fifth year running

This reminds me of that "Killing in the name" campaign a year ago where they tried to get Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the name" to no. 1 on the charts to prevent the winner of the TV show The X Factor from charting no. 1 for the fifth year running

Yep. And I was in on that one. Fucking love that song!

Yes "Rage against the X-Factor" :lol that was such a triumph in so many ways.

I wish I was aware of when that happened though, I totally hate X-factor and i still feel I missed the opertunity to contribute in that campaign. RATM for the win!

gift the single to your friends and family who have itunes accounts who have them if it means that much to you. Spread the word of LP

haha yep i've done that before with new divide - turned an LP hater into an LP... well... liker, not so much a lover haha

the dude ended up shooting them when they played in perth too - his pics were used in local media :)

i'm glad everyone is referencing the RATM campaign - that was absolutely brilliant and i'm so glad they coordinated something like that :) epic win!

Edited by Narc85

• 2 weeks later...

WFTE didn't do too well here either. I think Burning In The Skies COULD do really well in the UK but if the song isn't played on radio then non-LP fans will not know about it. The main job for us fans should be to request it on radio because buying a few copies of a LP song shows our support but to be honest it will not make a big impact.

We need to get the songs out to as many people as possible!