Pros.

Faint, WTCFM, OSC, and ND are all encore worthy songs

Im going to get flamed for this but Lying From You > Papercut IMO

Good to see FTI in there

Cons.

Breakings gone

Messegner gone (Im dying!)

Ive started a trend with Faint now.

I agree that the encore is a lot better now and I love the fact that FTU is in there. I like Papercut better than Lying From You but i just like that they are changing it up. The only thing i hate is that BTH is gone. I mean, whenever they majorly change the set this year they take BTH out! I mean why would they do that! This set plus BTH would be epic!

Still waiting on POA to make an appearance...dunno where it is.

Me too

Really cool set! My only complaint is the placement of TC. It seems like too much of a big song to be placed in a mid-set position between LOATR & SOTD. IMO I think it would fit better as a closer to the main set or as the encore opener.

I'm happy they catalyst is not in the encore, but i do think it shouldn't be between LOATR and SOTD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, the band is experimenting with the order of the songs or they got bored. In which universe does LFY ever trump Papercut? Papercut is greater than 80% of the songs from Meteora hands down. What they need to do in their experimenting is replace LFY with Burning in the Skies, Crawling with Blackout, keep Breaking the Habit and replace Shadow of the Day with Robot Boy and keep The Messenger instead of Leave Out All The Rest. No ATS material should ever be replaced by a song from Meteora. That's blasphemy. The only way the setlist would ever be more awesome than it already is, is if they play Part Of Me(yes i can dream) or Easier to Run.

well, i personally think that they should replace LFY with Burning in the Skies, but they should get rid of a different song for Blackout, not Crawling. Crawling is to good to get rid of. they should keep Breaking the Habit i agree with that. They should get rid of SOATD, but NOT replace it with Robot Boy. That's just my opinion though. And i like LOATR being played instead of the Messenger. But that's just my opinion. I also think they need to add POA back in. That would be epic

10. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

11. Iridescent

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Leave Out All The Rest

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Shadow Of The Day

Never expected such a soft block of music. The Catalyst isn't a ballad, but damn. This is shocking.

At the M&G I asked Mike (and Phoenix who heard me) if they'd be playing Burning in the Skies tonight and Mike said I should ask Brad (who I had already passed) and Phoenix said 0% to 0.1%, but according to Lewis (LP_Lewy) who played guitar on Faint they had Burning in the Skies as opening encore song.

10. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

11. Iridescent

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Leave Out All The Rest

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Shadow Of The Day

Never expected such a soft block of music. The Catalyst isn't a ballad, but damn. This is shocking.

true, but before that (minus What I've Done), they have a good heavy section

LP_Lewy's Adelaide Guitar Playing Experience

What's up LPLive. I enjoyed reading Pez's Faint guitar experience so much I thought I would share mine. There are a lot of similarities but some differences too. I'll start at the M&G. There were only about 15 of us there… We were lead into a room with somewhat of a kitchen bench which had textas and water on it so that's where the band would be… Hugo and Maurice then asked us some quiz questions and I won an awesome old school Hybrid Theory T-shirt which I ended up getting signed.

As I approached the table Brad was first… He didn't really say anything but seemed pretty happy. Next was Chester. I asked him how Saw 3D was and he said "Man that movie sucks" haha. Next was Mike. I said "so do remember a dude called Pez" and Mike smiled and immediately knew what my next question was going to be. He then said this is cool because now Faint's in a really cool place (in the encore) so I would watch the show up to then and then go back and play with them. Phoenix, who was next to him, asked if I could play the bass part which was hilarious. I said I would but in the end it was Mike's part on guitar. After that conversation I don't even remember Rob or Jo signing my T shirt because my brain was a mess of excitement and nerves.

After the group photo we all followed Hugo down through backstage, which was cool, and he let the others out onto the floor. He then took me and introduced me to Mikes guitar tech Kirk and he was awesome and Hugo said he'll meet me back here after Bleed it Out and we'll go from there. So sure enough I headed to the front left of stage again and Hugo found me and took me right to the side of stage where the Brad and Mike's guitar techs were. I stood with Kirk (Mike's tech) for When They Come For Me and he asked me what guitar I wanted to play… I jumped on that and said the LP PRS with duct tape! So he started tuning it through Crawling and then let me hold it through New Divide which I played along to. I was looking at the setlist a lot and could have sworn it read BURNING IN THE SKIES then CRAWLING, NEW DIVIDE, FAINT then ONE STEP CLOSER… Maybe I was just out of it but seriously it didn't say EMPTY SPACES let alone WHEN THEY COME FOR ME.

It was here that I met Jo's girlfriend whom was playing scrabble on her Ipad and for whom Jo danced for like an idiot during WTCFM to make her laugh. At the end of Crawling I heard Mike start talking to the crowd, saying things like "we have a thing called LP Underground and we had a meet and greet before the show and this guy asked if he could play with us and we said yes!" Then I run up the ramp onto stage.

He asks me my name and I say Lewis.. Then asked where I was from… I said Down South and the crowd went wild haha. Faint started and in a blink it was over. I think I worked the crowd pretty well and without a doubt had the most fun I've ever had in my life. I got phoenix and Mike to play my guitar while it was on me and I went up to Chester just before the first chorus and he said "Are you ready" to which I replied "Hell yes". I turned around and looked at Rob, he returned the favour and smiled. It was all over so damn fast. Then I walked off stage. Shook Kirk's hand in thanks and went back onto the floor to rock out to One Step Closer with a pocket full of LP guitar picks and the biggest grin in South Australia.

Edited by LP_Lewy

As I approached the table Brad was first… He didn't really say anything but seemed pretty happy. Next was Chester. I asked him how Saw 3D was and he said "Man that movie sucks" haha. Next I think was Phoenix and he was his usual cheesy-grinned self then Mike was next. I said "so do remember a dude called Pez" and Mike smiled and immediately knew what my next question was going to be. He then said this is cool because now Faint's in a really cool place (in the encore) so I would watch the show up to then and then go back and play with them. Phoenix asked if I could play the bass part which was hilarious. I said I would but in the end it was Mike's part on guitar. After that conversation I don't even remember Rob or Jo signing my T shirt because my brain was a mess of excitement and nerves.

Wasn't it was Mike, and then Phoenix? [brad, Chester, Mike, Phoenix, Joe, Rob]

That makes two LPlive members to play guitar on Faint... It was me and it was awesome. I'll write a Pez style experience for you all to read if you want. If anyone got any pics or vids please hit me up. I really liked the setlist... Lying From You and From The Inside went off.

three members ;)

i think... this setlist was fucking amazing. and well ordered too.

bastards *shakes fist*

place for my head over bleed it out ftw.

three members ;)

i think... this setlist was fucking amazing. and well ordered too.

bastards *shakes fist*

place for my head over bleed it out ftw.

As soon as they played Jornada I knew it was a new setlist. As they usually play it 10th, and I knew it wasn't the 10th song.

Yeah I'll change it cheers I can't remember it very well haha.

Yeah, it's weird, doesn't seem to clear in my head right now, only some of it is clear....

Edited by Hawk

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

16) Leave Out All The Rest

17) Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

25) Bleed It Out with APFMH 1st Verse + Bridge

Any opinions?

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

Any opinions?

it looks possible but DS won't probably come back in a long while and POA and WTCFM in the same concert?!

I Don't Think so

XD

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

Any opinions?

Not a fan. No W&K

Plus you need to wait until the 11th song of the set to hear the first ATS song, a song from an album that their promoting. So yeh You need to hear new shit like within the first few songs.

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

Any opinions?

dont like it. OSC should always be closing IMO.

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

Any opinions?

Why would they play APFMH in the encore then again BIO?....

Dream setlist:

1) One Step Closer

2) What I've Done

3) Lying From You

4) Papercut

5) Points Of Authority

6) From The Inside

7) Numb

8) Breaking The Habit

9) Somewhere I Belong

10) Don't Stay

11) Jornada Del Muerto

12) Waiting For The End

13) Burning In The Skies

14) Crawling

15) Given Up

18) Fallout

19) The Catalyst

ENCORE:

20) In The End

21) A Place For My Head

22) Blackout

23) Faint

24) New Divide

Any opinions?

No Iridescent, Wretches & Kings and The Requiem = EPIC FAIL! The biggest motivation i have to go see them live now besides the fact that i love LP like crazy is that i want to see A Thousand Suns live. The more the better.

Congrats on the guys who have gotten to play with LP this tour. If I get selected for M&Gs when they come to Philly and NYC I'm definitely ask to play on a song. I turn 21 at midnight on the night of their show in Philly so it would be the ultimate birthday present to play with my favorite band. Now, back to the setlist topic. Not that I'll pass up a reworked setlist as appose to the same one day after day, but they really need to get in the habit of switching out a few songs entirely on a daily basis. Obviously they keep the big hits, but they really need to stop banging out only singles and some other ones every night and hit the hardcore fans with some songs we'd never expect. Forgotten, Easier To Run, By Myself, Runaway (Can't believe Chester thinks that's the worst song they've ever written) and so on and for forth. It wouldn't kill them to save 2 or 3 song spots and interchange them with each night like they do with the setlists.

haha i love how im going to these shows and only realising AFTER the fact that there were a whole stack of LPLivers there :(

good job LP_Lewy! was front centre and got to see ya do an awesome job

crowd was psycho tho - a lot of dropkick deadbeats in the crowd - couldn't believe the stuff they were actually saying

on the plus - my twitter account seems to be enjoying a whole heap of activity! will be tweeting the sydney setlist tomorrow night for y'all!

PS. to whomever upgraded me to contributor - thank you very much - appreciate it a lot! good to be affiliated with you guys!

Edited by Narc85

PS. to whomever upgraded me to contributor - thank you very much - appreciate it a lot! good to be affiliated with you guys!

Dude, you deserve it. The amount of setlist tweeting you have done is unbelievable. I tried to do it at Newcastle but failed. You deserve it alot more then I do mine.

Dude, you deserve it. The amount of setlist tweeting you have done is unbelievable. I tried to do it at Newcastle but failed. You deserve it alot more then I do mine.

oh was absolutely no trouble hey... got a few slaps from my mate saying 'put ya phone down!' and the crowd was a little tough to deal with last night but i managed ok - just hope i can continue to do it for the remaining shows (which im sure i'll be able to).

I like the setlist, but it's not really a "new" setlist. LFY is the only different song, and they changed the order around. Not really that big of a deal IMO. Iridescent should be replaced with BTH, and the set would be awesome. Iridescent is a cool song until the gang vocal at the end, which I think, sucks and ruins the song.

New setlist is not going to necessary mean that it will be with completely different songs right? So yeah it was good to see a change.