Weak Debut Of ATS

ladygaga

Trey Songz is a singer not a rapper :rolleyes:

Just because they don't make HT4 doesn't mean they don't care about sales. They are a mainstream band after all.. they are MTV's band pretty much. A successful band like that has pride. And if it does wrong, it would hit Mike harder than anyone since he took the lead big time.

LP has two songs charted in the top 50 rock right now. Waiting for the End and Catalyst. WFTE is 40, catalyst is 2. WFTE is brand new and has had almost no promotion.

LP has had almost no promotion either. Small plugs from MTV, with an offstage concert at the VMAS. a medal of honor trailer(clearly not a big demographic) Really anything that was promotion was delivered to the fans of LP directly, via myspace. sounds pretty weak to me. M2M has transformers, commercials, twilight. All things considered they crushed weezer and maroon 5. both who have a pretty standard radio friendly sound. Albums sales are a thing of a past. They are a good indicator for certain things but what really matters is concert turn outs and single sales.

I think once WFTE hits and gets some decent airplay/video plays, ATS will shift yet more copies.

I think WFTE is that sort of song that has been going around the last while that people seem to like i.e. Rap/singing but catchy.

I know people say Mike isn't rapping on WFTE but you get my point!

EDIT: Also, when Iridescent is released the album will sell more copies IMO

Edited by andydlp

I'd love to have an album of mine do "weakly" enough to sell 6 figures and debut at #2 someday...

so true

Hybrid Theory's peak position was #2.

Just sayin.

i aactually didn't know that. but HT sold a lot more the first week

Trey Songz is a singer not a rapper :rolleyes:

Just because they don't make HT4 doesn't mean they don't care about sales. They are a mainstream band after all.. they are MTV's band pretty much. A successful band like that has pride. And if it does wrong, it would hit Mike harder than anyone since he took the lead big time.

True

I think once WFTE hits and gets some decent airplay/video plays, ATS will shift yet more copies.

I think WFTE is that sort of song that has been going around the last while that people seem to like i.e. Rap/singing but catchy.

I know people say Mike isn't rapping on WFTE but you get my point!

EDIT: Also, when Iridescent is released the album will sell more copies IMO

i agree