ATS Pre-Order Download

Aiman

SO GET THIS!!!! I have been so damn patient for ATS. First I wasn't going to listen to it until I got the CD in the mail. I refused to listen to links, LP's myspace, etc. nope. i would persevere.

Got an email from UPS. expected to arrive Wednesday. Motherf*cker.

So I'm like, alright. I'll listen when pre-order download comes out then. that's close enough. Had a freakin' exam from 8-10 pm. Get back to the apartment. Accounting work to do. I get it done and take my stereo out of the main room and put it in mine not to disturb the other people living with me. Nice gesture, right? Good karma, right? Then I head over to my computer, it's 1:15 and I'm exhausted as shit. I figure what the hell I deserve this!

Well, it's approx. 220 MB. My bandwidth blows...ranging between 22-25kb/sec. As if that wasn't enough it's gonna be 2 hours before this bitch is done downloading. I have class in the morning. Honestly it's too bad I value my education and my health otherwise I'd wait out this storm.

F*ck this. I'm going to bed.

damn..i feel you.

But believe me, the wait is well worth it

I don't know if it was listening to the record six times before I got the official download link which may have gave me time to warm up to all of the songs, but I'm enjoying the entire record :) Right now I'm listening to "The Full Experience" track, just got to 'Wretches And Kings'

SO GET THIS!!!! I have been so damn patient for ATS. First I wasn't going to listen to it until I got the CD in the mail. I refused to listen to links, LP's myspace, etc. nope. i would persevere.

Got an email from UPS. expected to arrive Wednesday. Motherf*cker.

So I'm like, alright. I'll listen when pre-order download comes out then. that's close enough. Had a freakin' exam from 8-10 pm. Get back to the apartment. Accounting work to do. I get it done and take my stereo out of the main room and put it in mine not to disturb the other people living with me. Nice gesture, right? Good karma, right? Then I head over to my computer, it's 1:15 and I'm exhausted as shit. I figure what the hell I deserve this!

Well, it's approx. 220 MB. My bandwidth blows...ranging between 22-25kb/sec. As if that wasn't enough it's gonna be 2 hours before this bitch is done downloading. I have class in the morning. Honestly it's too bad I value my education and my health otherwise I'd wait out this storm.

F*ck this. I'm going to bed.

I feel you, bro. I'm from Dodge City,KS and I won't be gettin mine til' Wednsday too. Not to mention the idiot that work UPS package tracking hasn't updated my shipment info n the site since friday morning when the package was still in Van Nuys, Californ-eye-ey. Maybe when the guy gets here with my package, I'll throw an egg at him (After I get the package of course)

I feel you, bro. I'm from Dodge City,KS and I won't be gettin mine til' Wednsday too. Not to mention the idiot that work UPS package tracking hasn't updated my shipment info n the site since friday morning when the package was still in Van Nuys, Californ-eye-ey. Maybe when the guy gets here with my package, I'll throw an egg at him (After I get the package of course)

My staus hasn't been updated yet either. It's still stuck in California lol

SAME!!!! wtf lol thats why i go usps

EDIT: scratch that! just arrived in lenexa. I might get it today!!!

Edited by Cbass

I'm going to buy a physical copy of this album, I think they mean more.

I couldn't agree more, but if i get it today i will wait for the cd for a full listen!! :) only gonna lsiten to TC WaK and WftE until arrival. Then the full experience, then HALO REACH lol

How is the audio quality of the LP.com tracks?

I bought the "Deluxe" version on CD/DVD, MP3 version on Amazon, & the regular iTunes album. When comparing the tracks in my audio editor, I noticed (and heard!) that the CD & Amazon versions had terrible clipping and distortion on every track from being mixed/mastered too loudly. iTunes clips at a few points here and there, but is nowhere near the terrible quality of the other two formats.

Kind of sucks that I had to buy this album three times just to get a decent sounding version :-/

Ironic, since Rubin was involved in the production of both. I blame him, due to his past track record of ruining albums (Californication & Death Magnetic come to mind), and because Chester himself says something to the effect of "Rick wants everything LOUD" on "Meeting of a Thousand Suns."

I hope the vinyl is more in line with the iTunes mix than the CD. iTunes has the clipping and "blown-out-speaker" sound here and there, but it's still an improvement. I wish Mike would just produce, record, and mix/master everything.