Iridescent

joeso

Iridescent, in my opinion, physically rapes 99% of all Lnkin Park songs ever written. The structure of the songs is very familiar to M2M, yet it has the same energy as that of anything from Hybrid Theory. The lyrics in the songs are very emotional, and are extremely powerful, probably the best Linkin Park has ever written. The instrumentation is new, but it brings you back to that feeling of M2M era Linkin Park, with it's electronic beats, into a clean chorus, with the introduction of guitar, and then gang vocals, and even Rob doing one of his best drum tracks to date. The song is similar to SOTD in many ways, but is FAR more epic than SOTD has ever been. The song literally blows my fucking mind. Honestly, it should have been the last track on the album, since it brings the same energy TLTGYA did (gang vocals wise.)

Now, a little back story here. The song that introduced me into Linkin Park was BTH, which up until just recently was my all time favorite LP track. Eventually I listened to M2m, Meteroa, and HT, and became a quick fan. My all time favorite songs were BTH and TLTGYA. However, Iridescent has surpassed both of them, and has made my love for Linkin Park 10000000% stronger than it ever was. In my opinion, this is THE best LP song to date.

Now this is all my opinion, so please don't flame me for this ;) I want to hear your opinions on the song. Starting... now!

AW ! I was gonna make a thread on this one but no problem. :) In my opinion Iridescent IS the best song LP has ever done,. I hope they play it live cuz if they do and the whole band sings the chorus it will be the best live performance EVER !! ( This and Blackout )

AW ! I was gonna make a thread on this one but no problem. :) In my opinion Iridescent IS the best song LP has ever done,. I hope they play it live cuz if they do and the whole band sings the chorus it will be the best live performance EVER !! ( This and Blackout )

Ha! Beat ya too it lol, jk. But yeah, I'm 100% sure they're gonna play it live :P It'll be awesome for sure! lol.

No doubt the best song ever.Along with Burning in the skies (my opinion)

P.S.Iridescent has been played live along with the catalyst and waiting for the end in the secret KROQ show

lol that's why I sid I'm 100% sure XD. But thanks anyway lol. And Burning in the Skies is epic aswell. Hell, the entire album is epic as a whole, and as individual songs.

I like the song, but the whole gang vocal thing is pretty much a cliche in rock music now-a-days. Kings And Queens - 30STM and Wake Up - Arcade Fire are just two popular songs that have come out in the past year that use it.

It still sounds great though. And I love how hopeful the song sounds. When has LP ever made music with that kind of vibe? Good stuff.

I like the song, but the whole gang vocal thing is pretty much a cliche in rock music now-a-days. Kings And Queens - 30STM and Wake Up - Arcade Fire are just two popular songs that have come out in the past year that use it.

It still sounds great though. And I love how hopeful the song sounds. When has LP ever made music with that kind of vibe? Good stuff.

About the first part, I love he whole gang vocals thing. Although it does seem to be a big cliche. I think 30STM did a better job at that though.

As for part two, I completely agree with you.

Iridescent, in my opinion, physically rapes 99% of all Lnkin Park songs ever written. The structure of the songs is very familiar to M2M, yet it has the same energy as that of anything from Hybrid Theory. The lyrics in the songs are very emotional, and are extremely powerful, probably the best Linkin Park has ever written. The instrumentation is new, but it brings you back to that feeling of M2M era Linkin Park, with it's electronic beats, into a clean chorus, with the introduction of guitar, and then gang vocals, and even Rob doing one of his best drum tracks to date. The song is similar to SOTD in many ways, but is FAR more epic than SOTD has ever been. The song literally blows my fucking mind. Honestly, it should have been the last track on the album, since it brings the same energy TLTGYA did (gang vocals wise.)

Now, a little back story here. The song that introduced me into Linkin Park was BTH, which up until just recently was my all time favorite LP track. Eventually I listened to M2m, Meteroa, and HT, and became a quick fan. My all time favorite songs were BTH and TLTGYA. However, Iridescent has surpassed both of them, and has made my love for Linkin Park 10000000% stronger than it ever was. In my opinion, this is THE best LP song to date.

Now this is all my opinion, so please don't flame me for this ;) I want to hear your opinions on the song. Starting... now!

i agree with all you said :D

that song needs to be a single in my opinion...

i think someone said it was confirmed as a single :o

Well I know that everyone is expecting it to be a single because of the sticker that comes with the album. Two of the songs on the sticker are already singles, so Iridescent has a high chance.

If u compare Iridescent to Breaking the Habit, they are totally opposites of the totem pole. Breaking the Habit was a dark moody art that it was about being in the middle of a dark period trying to break free, whilst Iridescent is right at the gates of Hope, freedom of speech, respect and love that u let go of your past and everyday frustrations. I cant wait to hear this song live :)

Ill give lp my vote to have this song as the thrilling conclussive single coz it deserves it! :)

Iridescent can only be summed up like this...

Iridescent > Anything Linkin Park has ever made, touched, played, eatin, watched and so on.

Seriously I would of never thought a song could blow me away like this did. If this doesn't hit the charts and do Well then this world is a fucked place!