ATS singles?

LMK

• 2 weeks later...

01. The Catalyst

02. Waiting For The End

03. Empty Spaces [As a transition to the next song so it flows smoothly]

04. Jornada del Muerto

05. Jornada del Muerto French Cousin, *insert French translation of Jornada del Muerto here*

Edited by Hawk

• 3 weeks later...

Because Blackout has possibly the most radio unfriendly structure of any LP song, ever, and When They Come for Me doesn't have a chorus and is too long to be a single.

On the album "a thousand suns", all the songs are not for radio broadcast.

is not it ?  :huh:

- I have not heard that The catalyst and Waiting for the end played on the radio.

Edited by Sucre06

When They Come for Me doesn't have a chorus and is too long to be a single.

When They Come For Me has a chorus. An untypical one, but it is definetely there. And the last time I checked, The Catalyst had a longer run-time. So you can't take these arguments although I'm sure as well, WTFCF isn't going to be a single.

haha guys, i the reason why WTCFM probably wont be is single is cause of the swearing. I beileve its been discussed on LPL before, but the censored version of it would ruin the song what with all the random pauses the censoring would make. "empty spaces" in other words xD

haha guys, i the reason why WTCFM probably wont be is single is cause of the swearing. I beileve its been discussed on LPL before, but the censored version of it would ruin the song what with all the random pauses the censoring would make. "empty spaces" in other words xD

But there's not really that much swearing. I've heard songs with a lot more swearing released as singles (of course censored versions were played on the radio). Swearing doesn't automatically mean the song won't be a single.

When They Come For Me has a chorus. An untypical one, but it is definetely there. And the last time I checked, The Catalyst had a longer run-time. So you can't take these arguments although I'm sure as well, WTFCF isn't going to be a single.

The definition of a chorus is a lyrical phrase that is repeated with the same melody. So no.

And The Catalyst was edited for broadcast. If they try to edit WTCFM it will sound awful.

chorus

–noun

Music .

d.

a part of a song that recurs at intervals, usually following each verse; refrain

Under this definition, WTCFM definitely has a chorus.

Also. by your definition:

Lyric

–adjective Also, lyr·i·cal.

pertaining to, rendered by, or employing singing.

This means something can be lyrical without having words.

So, by your definition, WTCFM definitely has a chorus.

Why are people so obsessed with WTCFM ? It's great but its not single material. Do you realize how awkward it would sound on the radio? A radio edit shorter than the original version, with Mike's cursing censored. It wouldn't work out.