Relative Degree?

DKB1994

I was on the Linkin Park Wiki and I saw on the right in associated acts it said Relative Degree. Does anyone have info on them?

Basicly the band Brad and Rob were in during high school. their only goal was to play a gig, which turned out to be their school talent show. after that, they dispanded.

Basicly the band Brad and Rob were in during high school. their only goal was to play a gig, which turned out to be their school talent show. after that, they dispanded.

Their one gig was actually at the Whisky-a-Go-Go in Los Angeles.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's gonna record a high school band that no one's ever heard of at their only show?

No chance.

I'd say they (or hell, maybe even their parents) probably shot a home video of it, pretty much everybody wants to record their first gig.

Nothing that'll ever get into public hands though, for sure.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well There Are Some Tracks That It's Possible To Be Theirs

I've Attached Them Below But Nothing Is Official

Anyone with a functioning set of ears can tell all of these are fake within 5 seconds. Most of them have been around for a while.

Relative Degree was a funk/rock/ska band in the vein of 311, per Rob. None of these tracks sound remotely like that, not to mention the musicianship displayed in some of them is stuff Brad and Rob probably aren't capable of NOW, let alone when they were in fucking high school.

Edited by Astat

But the question is, besides being a high school band with a 1-show goal, did they record any songs, or just write songs and play live?

I'd be surprised if they ever had access to recording equipment during the brief time they were together. If Mike's 4-track Tascam cassette recorder was the best option Xero had to work with a couple years later...yeah.They wrote like 10 songs with the sole goal of playing a show at the Whisky, and broke up when that goal was accomplished.

not to mention the musicianship displayed in some of them is stuff Brad and Rob probably aren't capable of NOW, let alone when they were in fucking high school.

Phoenix said that Brad was the best guitarist he knew, when they were in high school. And Rob said he used double drum bass in high school.

Phoenix must have been deaf in high school or Brad was the only person who played guitar. And didnt they meet in college?

Brad, Rob, Mike, and Mark went to high school together in Agoura Hills (along with Doug and Dan from Hoobastank, BTW). Phoenix was Brad's roommate at UCLA, and Mike met Joe at art school in Pasadena.

Edited by Astat

Brad, Rob, Mike, and Mark went to high school together in Agoura Hills (along with Doug and Dan from Hoobastank, BTW). Phoenix was Brad's roommate at UCLA, and Mike met Joe at art school in Pasadena.

That's what i thought, so if that's true, then Phoenix misspoke on that or someone's source is wrong. I knew that the original Xero band was in school together and that Brad and Phoenix met at college (as did Mike and Joe).

• 3 years later...

if someone has a link from the concert please tell me in this headquarter

Well There Are Some Tracks That It's Possible To Be Theirs
I've Attached Them Below But Nothing Is Official

I can't download it, it makes an error, maybe it's an old download